• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9.15 Fraudres @ Wholestaff

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, it happens sometimes. Of course, with all the reclamation projects that have worked for FZ, maybe it evens out.
FZ had nothing to do with Melancon, outside of getting Tristen Beck for him in a trade.

Beck, BTW, appears to have completely fallen off the face of the planet as a prospect…

@stanford the manford

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants may have lost, but they still extended their 6-runs-a-game streak…

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FZ had nothing to do with Melancon, outside of getting Tristen Beck for him in a trade.

Beck, BTW, appears to have completely fallen off the face of the planet as a prospect…

@stanford the manford
I wasn't trying to say that Melancon was an FZ acquisition. I was merely pointing out that FZ has acquired a bunch of guys who have turned out much better than expected, so its easier to count Melancon as one of those guys who didn't work out.

As for Beck, he's been injured a good portion of the year. Of course, he really only has 6 good starts in San Jose in 2019 to his professional credit. He has a lot to prove next year.

Edit: BBRef lists Beck as a pitcher and designated hitter on his profile. Yet, he has not played one game at the designated hitter position in his professional career.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to say that Melancon was an FZ acquisition. I was merely pointing out that FZ has acquired a bunch of guys who have turned out much better than expected, so its easier to count Melancon as one of those guys who didn't work out.

As for Beck, he's been injured a good portion of the year. Of course, he really only has 6 good starts in San Jose in 2019 to his professional credit. He has a lot to prove next year.

Edit: BBRef lists Beck as a pitcher and designated hitter on his profile. Yet, he has not played one game at the designated hitter position in his professional career.
I saw that DH tidbit. Looks like he had a couple games this year, but no hits. I wonder if they were trying something, or…???

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that DH tidbit. Looks like he had a couple games this year, but no hits. I wonder if they were trying something, or…???
If you are referring to the 5 ABs he got this year in Richmond, that was as a pitcher. It doesn't look like its all games, but pitchers hit in that league. Most of the pitchers have gotten at least a couple ABs.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 consecutive games with at least 6 runs scores
This is a good thing. We need the hitting to continue.
The 'wholestaff' was somewhat troublesome for me. 7 pitchers gave up 16 hits and 9 runs. All of them gave up at least 2 hits each. Not all were scored on. Just seemed like each and every one of them struggled. Nothing like the series opener. Same people much different result.
Have to take it as a 'blip' and move on.

Need to take today's game. 3 of 4 of is very acceptable.
I also find it hard to believe that as good as we are playing .... so are the Doggies. Sort of lose track of that.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good thing. We need the hitting to continue.
The 'wholestaff' was somewhat troublesome for me. 7 pitchers gave up 16 hits and 9 runs. All of them gave up at least 2 hits each. Not all were scored on. Just seemed like each and every one of them struggled. Nothing like the series opener. Same people much different result.
Have to take it as a 'blip' and move on.

Need to take today's game. 3 of 4 of is very acceptable.
I also find it hard to believe that as good as we are playing .... so are the Doggies. Sort of lose track of that.
Losing a game now and then is inevitable and acceptable. But losing two in a row at this point is a big problem...gotta win today

It's not that hard to believe the Dogs are playing well, on paper they have one of the best teams in history. The pitching rotation alone is ridiculous.