• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7 Straight!!

dumbrabbit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the progress these guys are making is awesome. Just two weeks ago we were down 10 games below 500. Now, with tonight's win, we're 5 games below .500. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season. I'm starting to gain confidence in our players now that they're developing more and more everyday.

Last edited by a moderator:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team has actually become watchable. It's nice. I'm looking forward to next year as long as they don't gut the team and add some quality pitching.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team has actually become watchable. It's nice. I'm looking forward to next year as long as they don't gut the team and add some quality pitching.

The good thing is, this organization is committed to bringing up young controllable players, so gutting it won't be an issue and Ibanez may sign on again to be the mentor. Morse? The pitching will come. There are some good arms down in the minors, but just need a little more seasoning. I think the injuries put this club back about a half season from the hope of the spring, but if Erasmo can come back strong tomorrow and keep it going then there is Hultzen, Maurer, and (rubs hands together greedily) Walker. If two of those 4 pan out, then we have a very good rotation. All that is left is a couple bullpen arms and a couple corner OFers. Maybe another DH/1B type if Kendrys is traded. Fairly low payroll, alot of control on young players and more guys at the door in the minors.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I would like to say that I am also excited about this winning streak the mariners are one of the hottest teams coming from the all star break. I think if we had Michael Morse this team would be .500 probably even an all star. I remember when people were grilling me about getting rid of ryan because of his "glove" was way to good to let go and that if i knew baseball we would have kept him. well brad miller is doing pretty well in the top of the lineup and hitting making ryan look like he has no business playing baseball.

I think we should keep this team together and try to add on some more next season. Now i dont mind getting rid of players like jason bay or franklin gutierrez that really dont contribute much to the team and go sign other players that that may give greater impact.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing is, this organization is committed to bringing up young controllable players, so gutting it won't be an issue and Ibanez may sign on again to be the mentor. Morse? The pitching will come. There are some good arms down in the minors, but just need a little more seasoning. I think the injuries put this club back about a half season from the hope of the spring, but if Erasmo can come back strong tomorrow and keep it going then there is Hultzen, Maurer, and (rubs hands together greedily) Walker. If two of those 4 pan out, then we have a very good rotation. All that is left is a couple bullpen arms and a couple corner OFers. Maybe another DH/1B type if Kendrys is traded. Fairly low payroll, alot of control on young players and more guys at the door in the minors.

By gutting the team I mean trading Morse, Morales or Iwakuma or letting Morales and or Morse walk in free agency. Letting any of those guys go would be a big step back for the Mariners.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've said, I don't even care about wins and losses at this point.

My focus is only on the kids who have been brought up, and so far, things look very nice for them.

A really great result for this team right now would be playing .500 ball from the All-Star break on.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've said, I don't even care about wins and losses at this point.

My focus is only on the kids who have been brought up, and so far, things look very nice for them.

A really great result for this team right now would be playing .500 ball from the All-Star break on.

I 100% agree!

One of the main reasons I haven't been following the games last few years was because they put out the same failed product on the daily basis. you don't have to watch to know the result.

Lately, it's great to see these young kids getting a chance to show they can play and the future of this ballclub is looking good. More specifically, Miller and Franklin has been incredibly impressive and could be the best 1-2 hitters we have.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is the best part for me. The 2nd half for the past few years has all about me watching the young guys, but they have massively let me down. Even if Franklin, Miller or Zunino struggle at bat a few times their defense and the times they come through makes me more than comfortable that there is a nucleus that the team can build around.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to rename the thread. Wow, what a game!

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were going streaking!!!! (Will Ferrell voice)

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda reminds you of one the best lines from a movie, " Starting to come together Pepper!"

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairly safe to say the streak is over now, but I guess anything can happen. The lineup was a typical travel day, give some guys a day off lineup, so I am ok taking the loss to get some guys some rest. Saunders didn't have it today and then bringing in Noesi just seals the deal for the tribe.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw Noesi was coming in to try to clean up Joe's mess, I switched to a rerun of What Not to Wear.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noesi is pretty terrible. Its hard to watch him pitch. It usually doesn't end very well for the Mariners.

Whenever Noesi and Farqurar come in it's the Mariner's way of waving the white flag

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant win them all, ( would be frickn cool though if they did) twins now, they need to get some more W's