• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7 reasons Tyrod Taylor will be the Buffalo Bills' starting quarterback in 2018

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tyrod-taylor-b5fda5bd7e683c37.jpg

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the best QB we've had since Kelly. Orton played well, but nobody else is in the conversation. He holds most Bills QB records...with absolute shit at WR.

He has not progressed in pre snap awareness though, and is hesitant too often when his arm is needed...as evident in the last drive of the playoff game.

Still, outside of Cousins and maybe Foles, I don't see how anyone else would be a better choice...including the rookies...including long term.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O line pass blocking struggles is a good point. Taylor took this team on his back and made somethings out of nothings many times. Of course, his hesitant decision making was a bad combo at times as well.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the best QB we've had since Kelly. Orton played well, but nobody else is in the conversation. He holds most Bills QB records...with absolute shit at WR.

He has not progressed in pre snap awareness though, and is hesitant too often when his arm is needed...as evident in the last drive of the playoff game.

Still, outside of Cousins and maybe Foles, I don't see how anyone else would be a better choice...including the rookies...including long term.

Yes he does appear hesitant but that can easily be explained by him not having confidence in his receivers to get open (yes I know pre snap)but that has to factor into it, no?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Rosen will.

Rosen's going to the Giants

there's also no chance he drops to us even in the slim chance that he's not on the Giants

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he does appear hesitant but that can easily be explained by him not having confidence in his receivers to get open (yes I know pre snap)but that has to factor into it, no?

I think the awful receivers he's had to start his starting career definitely causes that to happen. Problem is that's his mindset now, he doesn't have confidence in his receivers now, I don't know how you can teach that out of him at this point. He's a poor fit now, Kelvin Benjamin is our best receiver and Tyrod only throws it to him twice a game because Benjamin almost never separates from the corner he's a guy you have to throw it up to.

Biggest issue is Tyrod can't anticipate the defense and throw guys open

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

there's also no chance he drops to us even in the slim chance that he's not on the Giants

There's a valid rumor that the Bills are trying to trade 21st and 22nd picks along with their LT to the Giants for the #2 pick.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting and The Sporting News believes the Buffalo Bills have been aggressively
scouting UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen for quite some time and they love what they see. Rosen is widely viewed as one of the top two quarterback prospects in this draft class. In order for the Bills to acquire Rosen, they will have to trade up in the 2018 NFL Draft to either the No. 1 or No. 2 in the draft. The Cleveland Browns hold the No. 1 pick and a report leaked that their current general manager John Dorsey is not interested in drafting Rosen, although he has since denied the report. Most expect the Browns to select USC quarterback Sam Darnold. Galko believes it makes the most sense for the Bills to target the Giants' No. 2 overall pick in a trade because Bills management has ties to Giants general manager Dave Gettleman.

“They have aggressively scouting quarterbacks all year long. I think Josh Rosen is the apple of their eye. It’ll be hard to go up and get him, but I think the tie between Buffalo and Giants GM David Gettleman kind of paints a picture of where they both might be thinking to go,”Galko told WGR 500, via GiantsWire.

“The Bills have been stock piling assets. One reason to do that is to make a move to get a quarterback. Whether it’s moving up in draft, trading to get a guy like Nick Foles, or to just take multiple quarterbacks in this draft. They knew that we’re a playoff team, to get to that next step we need a franchise quarterback, and they don’t believe Tyrod Taylor or Nathan Peterman are those guys.”

The Bills hold the No. 21 and No. 22 overall picks in this draft. According to the NFL's classic trade value chart, both of those picks would not be enough to move up to the No. 2 overall pick. Per the chart, the Giants' pick holds a value of "2,600" while the Bills' two picks hold values of "800 and "700." In order for the Bills to move up to the No. 2 pick, they would have to sweeten the deal with their second-round pick (No. 53 overall with a "370" value) and likely more than that.

If the Bills are dead set on trading up for Rosen, they could also throw in left tackle Cordy Glenn. The Giants would likely be interested in Glenn because when healthy he is one of the NFL's best left tackles and because he has a team-friendly contract if traded to New York after March 18th. His base salary in 2018 would be just $9.25 million for the Giants."

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrod is terrible. A rookie will be quarterbacking for the Bills come September

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting and The Sporting News believes the Buffalo Bills have been aggressively
scouting UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen for quite some time and they love what they see. Rosen is widely viewed as one of the top two quarterback prospects in this draft class. In order for the Bills to acquire Rosen, they will have to trade up in the 2018 NFL Draft to either the No. 1 or No. 2 in the draft. The Cleveland Browns hold the No. 1 pick and a report leaked that their current general manager John Dorsey is not interested in drafting Rosen, although he has since denied the report. Most expect the Browns to select USC quarterback Sam Darnold. Galko believes it makes the most sense for the Bills to target the Giants' No. 2 overall pick in a trade because Bills management has ties to Giants general manager Dave Gettleman.

“They have aggressively scouting quarterbacks all year long. I think Josh Rosen is the apple of their eye. It’ll be hard to go up and get him, but I think the tie between Buffalo and Giants GM David Gettleman kind of paints a picture of where they both might be thinking to go,”Galko told WGR 500, via GiantsWire.

“The Bills have been stock piling assets. One reason to do that is to make a move to get a quarterback. Whether it’s moving up in draft, trading to get a guy like Nick Foles, or to just take multiple quarterbacks in this draft. They knew that we’re a playoff team, to get to that next step we need a franchise quarterback, and they don’t believe Tyrod Taylor or Nathan Peterman are those guys.”

The Bills hold the No. 21 and No. 22 overall picks in this draft. According to the NFL's classic trade value chart, both of those picks would not be enough to move up to the No. 2 overall pick. Per the chart, the Giants' pick holds a value of "2,600" while the Bills' two picks hold values of "800 and "700." In order for the Bills to move up to the No. 2 pick, they would have to sweeten the deal with their second-round pick (No. 53 overall with a "370" value) and likely more than that.

If the Bills are dead set on trading up for Rosen, they could also throw in left tackle Cordy Glenn. The Giants would likely be interested in Glenn because when healthy he is one of the NFL's best left tackles and because he has a team-friendly contract if traded to New York after March 18th. His base salary in 2018 would be just $9.25 million for the Giants."

Hopefully he is wrong, I like Rosen's talent but we have a lot of holes on this roster to fill...and trading Glenn would make another. The biggest concern about Rosen is an even bigger concern for us and that's his injury history. We already have the worst injury luck in the NFL so I can't imagine Rosen ever making it a full season for us.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be their starter.

No idea why they ever went away from him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts?

I was just searching around the good old interwebs tonight and came across this link.... Do people think this will happen?

Honestly... I think he could be decent.... Just give him some better receivers and watch him thrive!

7 reasons Tyrod Taylor will be the Buffalo Bills' starting quarterback in 2018

You missed all these other threads from that same site (writer is just throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks):

8 reasons Sam Bradford will be the Buffalo Bills' starting QB in 2018

8 reasons Kirk Cousins will be the Buffalo Bills' starting quarterback in 2018

7 reasons Nick Foles will be the Buffalo Bills' starting quarterback in 2018

8 reasons Teddy Bridgewater will be the Buffalo Bills' starting QB in 2018

8 reasons Alex Smith will be the Buffalo Bills' starting quarterback in 2018

If Tyrod is back for 2018, it's only to bridge to a newly drafted rookie. He is by no means the future of the franchise.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just about to post those

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL!

Sam Bradford 100% will not be our starting QB for more than 1 preseason game in 2018