• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #64 - Stanley Cup Preview? - 7:30PM

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW what a fantastic game that turned out to be!!! Who would have known mid way through the 2nd period!!! You never know I guess. And Crosby a -3 too - lol.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Still say Stalock gets the next start, Nemo giving up bad ones still

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yahoo: :yahoo: Fucking Yeah!?!?!?!?! :clap: :clap:

Felt like a playoff game! :thumb:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that ended up being a really fun game.

Crosby was a -5 and still has never scored against San Jose :)

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game and they needed that one because the Kings refuse to lose now, but why can't they play with that intensity against Buffalo and Carolina and the Islanders? Shouldn't need a few Raffi Torres big hits to wake you up.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kind of 2nd half performance is what the Sharks need to consistently do in the playoffs. 30 hits? Why don't they hit more often like that? And they were even pressuring the penguins D at the blue line rather than letting them take a shot. Why do they not do that EVER? I don't understand, they are professionals they should know this stuff works the best. They better keep being physical like that, that is in my opinion the biggest reason the sharks cannot get to the finals and win it.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This kind of 2nd half performance is what the Sharks need to consistently do in the playoffs. 30 hits? Why don't they hit more often like that? And they were even pressuring the penguins D at the blue line rather than letting them take a shot. Why do they not do that EVER? I don't understand, they are professionals they should know this stuff works the best. They better keep being physical like that, that is in my opinion the biggest reason the sharks cannot get to the finals and win it.

You can't hit like that every game of the season, but I get what you are saying. They are definitely a different team when they play a physical style. Just do it in the playoffs, that's all I ask.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I went yesterday, and to me, that was one of the best regular season games I have ever seen and one of the top character wins as well. yes, letang and martin out makes for a very different pens team, but the key thing to me was when they were down 2-0 and had some 25 shots but no goals, they didnt try to get tooo pretty or quit trying or get frustrated. Just the opposite, they got physical. they got dirty, and they kept pumping pucks on net. The dam-breaking goals was one of the ugliest of the year off burish, or wingels, or noone, or whatever. that's the kind of goal the sharks don't score because they are looking to be pretty.

it was a very different team last night then I am used to and it was fun to watch. Maybe raffi is the key ingredient that was missing, but it spread to everyone. hell jumbo and patty were hitting? WHAT!? Jumbo? Patty? Physical? I coudnt beleive it, but I have thought for years that was what separates those two from the real leaders throughout the league like Toews or even sid. They shy away from contact, but if they play like that, the sharks will be unbelievably scary.

Now if it werent for a fluky goal, they might have still lost the game, but to me, the result was less important than the trend. And, they saw how being physical can really work, so when you have success hitting, you'd hope they'd keep doing it, and there is no reason they cant bring it like that every game.

This year's forward crop is defintely the best ever on a shark team, but the big question was and still is the D. Braun ended the longest dman goalless streak in sharks history, but I still think it's a major problem. Olli maata, a 19 year old dman, had as many goals last game as the sharks entire D in the last 20+. To win the in the PO's, you have to score on the PP and to score consistently on the PP, you have to get goals from the D. Not sure if demers will step up or boyle will find his game in time, but if not, it's hard to think the sharks can win without a PP and without any goals from the D. I sure hope this changes...

Not to mention looking further ahead, the sharks have braun, vlasic, irwin, and demers (if/when he resigns) next year plus stuey at age 35 with some injury troubles. Even if boyle or hannan resign, they will be that much older and I dont think the sharks can hope to win with this D and another year older. Dougie has to be shopping for a defenseman I gotta think.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, at this moment I dont see anyone is wooster who can make the leap to play defense at the NHL level next year and contribute at both ends.... I guess dougie will deal with all that when the time comes. Maybe he kept quiet at this deadline figuring to hold his cards to add a dman over the summer when the UFA market opens and the trade market loosens.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shea Weber, PLEASE!!!!!!! :pray:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I went yesterday, and to me, that was one of the best regular season games I have ever seen and one of the top character wins as well. yes, letang and martin out makes for a very different pens team, but the key thing to me was when they were down 2-0 and had some 25 shots but no goals, they didnt try to get tooo pretty or quit trying or get frustrated. Just the opposite, they got physical. they got dirty, and they kept pumping pucks on net. The dam-breaking goals was one of the ugliest of the year off burish, or wingels, or noone, or whatever. that's the kind of goal the sharks don't score because they are looking to be pretty.

it was a very different team last night then I am used to and it was fun to watch. Maybe raffi is the key ingredient that was missing, but it spread to everyone. hell jumbo and patty were hitting? WHAT!? Jumbo? Patty? Physical? I coudnt beleive it, but I have thought for years that was what separates those two from the real leaders throughout the league like Toews or even sid. They shy away from contact, but if they play like that, the sharks will be unbelievably scary.

Now if it werent for a fluky goal, they might have still lost the game, but to me, the result was less important than the trend. And, they saw how being physical can really work, so when you have success hitting, you'd hope they'd keep doing it, and there is no reason they cant bring it like that every game.

This year's forward crop is defintely the best ever on a shark team, but the big question was and still is the D. Braun ended the longest dman goalless streak in sharks history, but I still think it's a major problem. Olli maata, a 19 year old dman, had as many goals last game as the sharks entire D in the last 20+. To win the in the PO's, you have to score on the PP and to score consistently on the PP, you have to get goals from the D. Not sure if demers will step up or boyle will find his game in time, but if not, it's hard to think the sharks can win without a PP and without any goals from the D. I sure hope this changes...

Not to mention looking further ahead, the sharks have braun, vlasic, irwin, and demers (if/when he resigns) next year plus stuey at age 35 with some injury troubles. Even if boyle or hannan resign, they will be that much older and I dont think the sharks can hope to win with this D and another year older. Dougie has to be shopping for a defenseman I gotta think.

Boyle eluded to this in a pre game interview, the Sharks D arent green lit to cut in from the point like the pens did with Matta so that has a lot to do with it