• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

53 Man Roster of Fins

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I like the choices the Fins made for picking the best 53. It makes sense that the Fins kept more players on defense, I think there is more talent on that side of the ball. The Fins will have a great defense and the offense has the potential to win. RE Roster cuts: it's tough to see AJ Francis go I think he's a good DT. What was worse is he went to the Pats. The Fins must have thought DT Vaughn Martin is a better player. The Pats also picked up a guard from the Fins. I thought Jonas Gray might make the team because of how he runs inside the 20 yrd line, however, the other RB's may have what it takes in short yardage situations & near the goal line.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep can't keep them all but if Francis was that good another team would have claimed him earlier so what the hell

I was surprised that they didn't snag T or G. I guess no one of interest?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep can't keep them all but if Francis was that good another team would have claimed him earlier so what the hell

I was surprised that they didn't snag T or G. I guess no one of interest?

It's early they may still add an Olineman. I was surprised that Lance Louis didn't make the cut. WR was a position where I was surprised. I get the logic the Fins will use the TE's (and FB's) like WR's & they need to develop a down the seam pass catcher. I like what D Sims could become as a well rounded TE especially on those short routes to keep the chains moving. At WR I thought McNutt or Bumphis did enough to make the team. They may become practice squad players.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they found their guard in Watkins hopefully he can realize his potential in Miami. I like the move.

As per Sims love the kid the sooner they groom him the better!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the OG Watkins signing too. I think they expected a star in Philly. He just has to be a good Olineman in Miami. Anything beyond that is a bonus. He has a chance to have a good career with the Fins with the RG spot being available. I also like the FB Clutts signing too. I think physical FB's that can lead block effectively are underrated in todays NFL. If the Fins can get more first downs in short yardage situations that will sustain drives & lead to more TD's & more wins. Plus L Miller can get 8 to 10 yrds or more in a hurry with his quickness. D Thomas looks ready to have a good year also.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep if anything Watkins should give them better depth. He has the tools just needs to regain his confidence perfect spot for him.

Clutts I don't know too much of but sounds like he's a strong blocker which will help the redzone offense.

Doesn't look like they'll snag a TE so they must feel confident in guys like Sims. I bet he improves every week will be fun to watch.

Can't wait to see that pass rush get after weeden......

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep if anything Watkins should give them better depth. He has the tools just needs to regain his confidence perfect spot for him.

Clutts I don't know too much of but sounds like he's a strong blocker which will help the redzone offense.

Doesn't look like they'll snag a TE so they must feel confident in guys like Sims. I bet he improves every week will be fun to watch.

Can't wait to see that pass rush get after weeden......

The Fins' DLine is absolutely stacked & they have talent at DE also. That usually leads to turnovers because of the pressure. I don't think they will be ran on easily either.

RE the TE position I agree on Sim's potential. The team has put a lot of confidence in Clay I hope he can produce for the team. Egnew could be better than expected he looks to have improved. K Miller is still with the team & he had a good training camp.