• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to put Simmonds back on PP1 I think. He’s giving them nothing. Needs a spark.

Konecny should be on L1. So stupid to break up one of the best lines in hockey and stick your most dynamic offensive player at 5 on 5 with two 5 on 5 anchors on the 3rd line.

I don't think Simmer is still 100% from his injury. He's not himself at all.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that they've only managed 1 goal combined in two of the 3 games to this point is not good.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that they've only managed 1 goal combined in two of the 3 games to this point is not good.
Exactly. A friend was asking about the goalie situation. My comment was that you won't win a lot of games scoring 0 -1 goals.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz, I saw in another post you were still in the hate Hakstol barn, I am on board with you 100%. Do you think he comes back next year? Was this season enough of a growing one to warrant him continuing? I would love to see MIke Keene behind the bench but other than that who's out there(Looking at you Bruce Boudreau)?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. A friend was asking about the goalie situation. My comment was that you won't win a lot of games scoring 0 -1 goals.
UNfortunatly we are only going to win if we outscore people, our defense is to in and out to be consistent to shut down real good teams.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some dreadful play yesterday even worse than the 7-0 game.

Somebody please tell Simmonds the playoffs has started.

Its not the goalie or the coach we have seen that type of game in big games from this team for years.

They need to pick up the heads and play like they did in game 2 and knot this series up.

I had them splitting home and home so we are right there to win it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNfortunatly we are only going to win if we outscore people, our defense is to in and out to be consistent to shut down real good teams.
If we score 6 goals in three games with 5 coming in one game we arent beating anyone.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so relieved to see so many people not blaming Elliot (exclusively, proportionately as part of the team ...sure) and not Hakstol (he did take the bullet over the time out).

If you don't score, you can't win. If the "vaunted offense" isn't scoring...you are not going to win no matter what.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so relieved to see so many people not blaming Elliot (exclusively, proportionately as part of the team ...sure) and not Hakstol (he did take the bullet over the time out).

If you don't score, you can't win. If the "vaunted offense" isn't scoring...you are not going to win no matter what.
Elliot gave up one soft goal yesterday and made about 10 big saves. Cant blame him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz, I saw in another post you were still in the hate Hakstol barn, I am on board with you 100%. Do you think he comes back next year? Was this season enough of a growing one to warrant him continuing? I would love to see MIke Keene behind the bench but other than that who's out there(Looking at you Bruce Boudreau)?

I'd bet my life savings on him coming back next season. If Hextall kept him through the 10 game losing streak only to see them go on a tear and make the playoffs, he's not going to get rid of him now.

And to an extent, I guess that's fair. Coming in to the season the realistic/attainable goal was to make the playoffs. And they did that. Other goals were to get the young guys in positions to succeed. I think we're happy with where Konecny/Patrick/Provorov/Ghost are and what they accomplished this season. Happy to see Lindblom and Sanheim in the majority of games down the stretch and both of them have had their moments.

I just don't think he puts the team in the best position to win. As has been talked about, Konecny should be on the top line. It was your best line all season (excluding Giroux/Couturier/Voracek). I get wanting Raffl there because of the Crosby matchup. But guess what, you're not shutting his ass down with Raffl on there anyway. He's got 7 points in 3 games. Might as well try to get some production out of Giroux (1 point) and Konecny (1 point) to try to match it.

And you need something from Simmonds. I don't know if it's putting him with different linemates or bumping him up on the PP. You gotta do something to get him started. You need his energy engaged in the game.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet my life savings on him coming back next season. If Hextall kept him through the 10 game losing streak only to see them go on a tear and make the playoffs, he's not going to get rid of him now.

And to an extent, I guess that's fair. Coming in to the season the realistic/attainable goal was to make the playoffs. And they did that. Other goals were to get the young guys in positions to succeed. I think we're happy with where Konecny/Patrick/Provorov/Ghost are and what they accomplished this season. Happy to see Lindblom and Sanheim in the majority of games down the stretch and both of them have had their moments.

I just don't think he puts the team in the best position to win. As has been talked about, Konecny should be on the top line. It was your best line all season (excluding Giroux/Couturier/Voracek). I get wanting Raffl there because of the Crosby matchup. But guess what, you're not shutting his ass down with Raffl on there anyway. He's got 7 points in 3 games. Might as well try to get some production out of Giroux (1 point) and Konecny (1 point) to try to match it.

And you need something from Simmonds. I don't know if it's putting him with different linemates or bumping him up on the PP. You gotta do something to get him started. You need his energy engaged in the game.

The Flyers are playing their long time HEATED RIVAL in a PLAYOFF SERIES. If that isnt enough to get you started or have your energy engaged i dont know what is. Simmonds should look in the mirror and maybe start playing like the crash dummy who could score 25-30 instead of the total finesse player he has become since winning the AS game MVP.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Patrick scores that goal on his breakaway that would've been a different game.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers are playing their long time HEATED RIVAL in a PLAYOFF SERIES. If that isnt enough to get you started or have your energy engaged i dont know what is. Simmonds should look in the mirror and maybe start playing like the crash dummy who could score 25-30 instead of the total finesse player he has become since winning the AS game MVP.
Back off Simmer, I actually saw him complete a pass!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3