• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Financial Info Hacked

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard a really quick hit on the radio during the news break (on the Niners flagship station which is not talking about it)…

The Niners financial data has been hacked. I assume this means everything from P&L sheets to salaries to everything sports leagues never want public. They did mention that ticket sale personal data was not affected, for what that’s worth.

This strikes me as a potentially HUGE story…

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends what was hacked.

If it's players/employees address, SSN, bank accounts, etc. that's a pretty big issue.

If it's just how much people are getting paid or their salary/bonus info... who cares? If you are playing for San Fran or are an executive/director level, you're no surprise to anyone earning 6/7/8 figures and obviously all player salaries/contracts are public knowledge anyway. That's similar to the Twitch/Amazon leak a couple months ago. "Oh wow, Shroud, Summit, LIRIK and Kripp earn a fuck ton of money.. SHOCKER! And a bunch of women whoring themselves out with hot tub streams do as well."

That said, if it's personal account info.... that's certainly an issue.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard a really quick hit on the radio during the news break (on the Niners flagship station which is not talking about it)…

The Niners financial data has been hacked. I assume this means everything from P&L sheets to salaries to everything sports leagues never want public. They did mention that ticket sale personal data was not affected, for what that’s worth.

NFLPA licking their chops I bet to find out the actual books on the 49ers.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn, I didn't know the Houston Astros were in the NFL. Just kidding, I know the Astros were actually the ones who got hacked by another MLB team.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I didn't know the Houston Astros were in the NFL. Just kidding, I know the Astros were actually the ones who got hacked by another MLB team.
Different story. That was a former Astros employee working for the Cards. I think his login info was still active, so he just logged in and took all their scouting info.

This was a ransomware attack. Not clear if the hackers actually have access to the data or not at this point.