• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers close to extension with Jimmy G

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Fran has the most cap in the NFL at the moment (granted a chunk will get consumed by Jimmy G) so they can make some moves in Free Agency. Will be interesting to see what they do in the draft with a top 10 pick and an extra 3rd. They may move up in the 2nd to replace some folks on the O-Line. They could use a decent Center for one.

I think they should try and nab Nelson in round 1 if they can... Cards, Seahawks, and Rams all have pretty good pass rushes, last thing you want to do is bang up Jimmy G. early on.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darn it.....in my fantasy he came back to NE. Good for Garoppollo though, SF is a good place to be.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers' Garoppolo struggles during minicamp

giphy.gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmm, I'm 50/50 on Jimmy Garpaorooraldlloo, but I do NOT understand for the life of me how so many analysts/news outlets are predicting the 49ers to compete for the playoffs. That team is wildly incomplete at the moment and the Rams, Seahawks, Cards are all better teams. Even when Sam Bradford breaks 50 bones from a gust of wind, the Cards still have David Johnson.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, I'm 50/50 on Jimmy Garpaorooraldlloo, but I do NOT understand for the life of me how so many analysts/news outlets are predicting the 49ers to compete for the playoffs. That team is wildly incomplete at the moment and the Rams, Seahawks, Cards are all better teams. Even when Sam Bradford breaks 50 bones from a gust of wind, the Cards still have David Johnson.
Well he did win all the games he has played with them. Don’t know how much can be attributed to Jimmy, but he definitely injected some winner mojo in the team.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he did win all the games he has played with them. Don’t know how much can be attributed to Jimmy, but he definitely injected some winner mojo in the team.

Eh true,

But San Fran played a bunch of shitty teams in their final 5 games. LA was resting starters and Jax had Blake Bortles which we all know is a fail cause.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh true,

But San Fran played a bunch of shitty teams in their final 5 games. LA was resting starters and Jax had Blake Bortles which we all know is a fail cause.
He was spot on with his throws, quick release and compared we what we had since Alex left, he was making the right reads

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Heh...falls for Grant Cohn and his stupidity.

Dunno about Talib, but definitely think he's on the back nine. Peters? Arguably the most overrated corner in football. Pure shithole as a person as well, so it could be fun to watch.

Just because someone with no credibility reported it doesn't mean it isn't true.

Jimmy G legitimately did struggle in minicamp. Not exactly press-stopping news; it's a minicamp. But it's the middle of June.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because someone with no credibility reported it doesn't mean it isn't true.

Why give credit to a turd who waits in the weeds for a sub-par show in June to say 'Ha!...Told yah so!' That's exactly how either Cohn rolls.

Jimmy G is fine.....G.Cohn is a shit-polyp.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh...falls for Grant Cohn and his stupidity.

Dunno about Talib, but definitely think he's on the back nine. Peters? Arguably the most overrated corner in football. Pure shithole as a person as well, so it could be fun to watch.

Well I guess, lucky for us we have a lot more All Pro players.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Minicamp struggles are a non-issue.

All teams no matter who the QB is are going to have some crappy practices on offense in the offseason and in fact you don't want the offense to dominate every practice because that means your defense sucks.

The main takeaway I took from the minicamp issues is that he kept the offense after practice to work through them. That's the kind of thing you want to see your QB do out there.

Pat's fans can chime in on this but it's my understanding Jimmy G was an up and down practice player for the Pats as well.

The only legitimate concern I have with Jimmy G is his deep ball. He wasn't connecting with it last year and he hasn't been connecting well with it so far this offseason. Granted the deep ball is usually one of the last things to come around for a QB and he's not going to live or die by it but I still will feel better once he hits it on a more consistent basis.

I will concede the hype around Jimmy G has gone overboard. I believe he'll be a great QB in the league but this is really his first offseason with Shanahan's system and with only 7 starts he still has some growing pains to go through.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

It all comes down to how much you buy into Jimmy G.

The 9ers roster overall is solid and we've seen time and time again that great QB play can take a solid team to the playoffs. I think they'll compete for a playoff spot but the NFC is just so loaded that they could easily fall short.