• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49er Picks

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 3-4 Edge guys still on the board, and have to think that's our next pick?

There is Quinton Meeks and whether him or some other, still think we need another CB sometime today.

There is OT Crosby from Oregon, as we need an OT in development/depth.That would be a good Round 4 pick.

Yeah they could still use a n interior O-linemen as well, but I'm not sure anyone at this point would be a great deal better than what they already have.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th round Kentavius Street DE NC State, 5th round D.J. Reed CB Kansas State.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
4th round Kentavius Street DE NC State, 5th round D.J. Reed CB Kansas State.

we don't know just how serious an ACL injury, but on he surface i don't like it. The reason is we've seen how these guys never return to form. Seems we were better off developing a C/OG on the PS? An OT on the PS?

DJ Reed makes sense cause we need depth at NB. He can start off on PS and looking ahead, this draft doesn't look good for Jimmy Ward.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Moore has potential to play CB.

i dunno, at this stage i'd still be thinking potential down the road starter. Yes the odds are lower, but still there is some potential. Rather draft someone who has played CB all thru college. I'd think it takes a lot to switch to outside CB, a lot of 'game experience'. How would he get that experience at the NFL level?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno, at this stage i'd still be thinking potential down the road starter. Yes the odds are lower, but still there is some potential. Rather draft someone who has played CB all thru college. I'd think it takes a lot to switch to outside CB, a lot of 'game experience'. How would he get that experience at the NFL level?

Just repeating what was reported and what Lynch himself mentioned. They were going to give him a shot at CB because of his size and athleticism.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6th Marcell Harris CB Florida

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think our cover 3 defense is kind of specialty defense to keep everything in front of you. Susceptible to the run and middle, front seven must stop the run and cover the middle as well as rush! Go 49ers!

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great....a whole draft with nobody really to rush the passer. Are we really gonna rely on Cassius Marsh and Jeremiah Attaochu to hunt QB's? Seriously....when they got that Star Wars presenting shit, they just shoulda brought in Chewbacca to see how well he can use his hands and check out his bull rush.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great....a whole draft with nobody really to rush the passer. Are we really gonna rely on Cassius Marsh and Jeremiah Attaochu to hunt QB's? Seriously....when they got that Star Wars presenting shit, they just shoulda brought in Chewbacca to see how well he can use his hands and check out his bull rush.

Not a great draft for pass rushers

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that they picked two more guys this year who will not see the field the entire year due to injuries. You'd have thought they might have learned their lesson with this type of pick having failed so miserably with them before.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a great draft for pass rushers

No, but when you are letting guys slide while taking MASH unit players, (which Niner fans in recent years should know all about and their results) that excuse doesn't really fly. Street looks to be sidelined for the year....why take that when there were guys like Sweat and Obo out there ready to go now? He'll be good to go (maybe) next year....when the edge class looks to be far better and deeper than this one. I'm sure Lynch and company have their reasons, but I don't see it.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but when you are letting guys slide while taking MASH unit players, (which Niner fans in recent years should know all about and their results) that excuse doesn't really fly. Street looks to be sidelined for the year....why take that when there were guys like Sweat and Obo out there ready to go now? He'll be good to go (maybe) next year....when the edge class looks to be far better and deeper than this one. I'm sure Lynch and company have their reasons, but I don't see it.

can't speak to why they took Street over the two guys you mentioned. We'll have to wait and see how they pan out.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
http://www.************.com/articles/115720-mel-kiper-other-experts-hand-draft-grades-49ers/

I think B or B- is more than fair for this draft class, if you don't count Garrapollo as a 2nd rounder. My opinion is C+.

It is unfortunate McGlinchey didn't rank higher, because we were in a tight spot with Trent Brown. But don't think he is far off from being a top 10 pick. We have factor in the 49ers outside zone run scheme, not just any scheme.

Dante Pettis if fine for me, now that i've read about him. Still do wonder about the trade up, since it wasn't like he was mocked this high (or was he)? Yet on the other hand, we fans always say 'be aggressive',, so that is what they did. Apparently Shannahan REALLY liked him so why not go and get him.

Fred Warner seems like a solid pick in Round 3. Like to read he plays well in space, which is must nowadays. Then you factor in the secondary factors like proven college player, and team captain (leader).

Tarvarous Moore is where i start to wonder, cause my opinion is just draft a CB. Why draft someone to CONVERT to CB? His measureables are clearly solid but the NFL is not the place to learn a new position.

Kentavius Street - Since it appears he'll be out of 2018, his ACL must be serious enough. Don't like ACL picks because they don't return to form. They look great on paper ASSUMING they return to form, but do they?

I like this DJ Reed pick, cause we do need quality depth at NB. This position is also very crucial in today's NFL. By the following season he could very well be the back-up, cause i don't see Jimmy Ward lasting past 2018.

Can't expect much from 6th and 7th rounders, so no sense being player specific. However, do want to say why not one LT prospect? Or why not an C/OG prospect? Who is our back-up Center now?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. 'I heard good things about Warner. I would have liked the draft better if they had chosen a defensive player with the 3rd pivk instead of the wide receiver.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Meh. 'I heard good things about Warner. I would have liked the draft better if they had chosen a defensive player with the 3rd pivk instead of the wide receiver.

Warner was the 3rd pick, Pettis was the 2nd pick.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.************.com/articles/115720-mel-kiper-other-experts-hand-draft-grades-49ers/

I think B or B- is more than fair for this draft class, if you don't count Garrapollo as a 2nd rounder. My opinion is C+.

It is unfortunate McGlinchey didn't rank higher, because we were in a tight spot with Trent Brown. But don't think he is far off from being a top 10 pick. We have factor in the 49ers outside zone run scheme, not just any scheme.

Dante Pettis if fine for me, now that i've read about him. Still do wonder about the trade up, since it wasn't like he was mocked this high (or was he)? Yet on the other hand, we fans always say 'be aggressive',, so that is what they did. Apparently Shannahan REALLY liked him so why not go and get him.

Fred Warner seems like a solid pick in Round 3. Like to read he plays well in space, which is must nowadays. Then you factor in the secondary factors like proven college player, and team captain (leader).

Tarvarous Moore is where i start to wonder, cause my opinion is just draft a CB. Why draft someone to CONVERT to CB? His measureables are clearly solid but the NFL is not the place to learn a new position.

Kentavius Street - Since it appears he'll be out of 2018, his ACL must be serious enough. Don't like ACL picks because they don't return to form. They look great on paper ASSUMING they return to form, but do they?

I like this DJ Reed pick, cause we do need quality depth at NB. This position is also very crucial in today's NFL. By the following season he could very well be the back-up, cause i don't see Jimmy Ward lasting past 2018.

Can't expect much from 6th and 7th rounders, so no sense being player specific. However, do want to say why not one LT prospect? Or why not an C/OG prospect? Who is our back-up Center now?

Street injured his ACL during a pre draft work out maybe a month ago so that is probably why he will miss the season. Moore is being given a chance at CB but if he can handle it he'll be a safety. I mean when do you find a guy with his size, speed, and cover skills in the third round.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Street injured his ACL during a pre draft work out maybe a month ago so that is probably why he will miss the season. Moore is being given a chance at CB but if he can handle it he'll be a safety. I mean when do you find a guy with his size, speed, and cover skills in the third round.

He wasn't a CB so even Lynch admitted there isn't film showing his cover skills. Lynch admitted they're projecting him to CB, and it is a tryout. Cover skills as an outside CB is much different from the Safety spot.

But ok, trying him out isn't a disaster by any means, but i'm not getting my hopes up. I would think McFadden will show better during this off-season, despite his slow 40.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cover skills from the safety position would have been a better way to word it. Either way it's just a try out and he'll add depth to the Safety position so they can move Ward to the slot corner. Also I think they signed at least two udfa cornerbacks.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
don't see Jimmy Ward being around much longer? We likely need him THIS season due to experience (and he is already renewed), but otherwise one of these young guys will make him expendable come 2019.