• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

40 Most Overrated Players in Baseball Right Now

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OT........... not sure where I should write about this, I couldn't find the thread element posted in on this subject. Anyway, I watched Moneyball last night and overall I thought it was a colossal waste of 2the hours. They devote the entire movie to the advanced statistical data they used to put together the offense, but neglected to focus in the pitching. IMO that team would not have won had it not been for the superior pitching. And on that note, if that team had had a better offense they would have won a world series, I have no doubts.

On that note, our offense and our pitching is not near the level of that particular Oakland team, but I think we will still be competitive.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple points as I read:

Yadier Molina should not be on that list. They are citing one season's stats. His career 44% success rate in throwing runners out is why he's considered the best defensive catcher in baseball.

Dunn was another case of just considering one season.

They cited strikeouts as the reason Swisher is overrated, when statistically, that should really have very little to no effect.

They did the same thing with Reynolds, but I would certainly take 37 home runs.

And for Pena.

As a general statement, the authors seemed to equate overpaid and overrated, which are not necessarily the same thing.