• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4 with another team going nowhere....the O's....8/2-5

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't think there's a valid reason for this not to be...ha ha ha

We're probably a few years away from knowing how much fruit this year's trade deadline will yield........But we got a bunch of arms, and HOPEFULLY 2/3 of them will prove to be positives moving forward.....Nothing's guarenteed, but someone wrote today, 'Rangers did what they had to do, not what they wanted to do' and I agree with this.

And I'd be shocked if we don't try the wavier wire route either.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're probably a few years away from knowing how much fruit this year's trade deadline will yield........But we got a bunch of arms, and HOPEFULLY 2/3 of them will prove to be positives moving forward.....Nothing's guarenteed, but someone wrote today, 'Rangers did what they had to do, not what they wanted to do' and I agree with this.

Agree on the wavier wire. Never put all your money in one sock..

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is the season over yet?

Dog days of summer.... still stuck at the globe...... not much to get excited about at triple A....... no hope of fixing this team in the off-season.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the season over yet?

Dog days of summer.... still stuck at the globe...... not much to get excited about at triple A....... no hope of fixing this team in the off-season.
Like stealing a dead fly from a blind spider:L

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember this?

Red Sox-Dodgers blockbuster trade | Boston.com

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not including Pitching, 1b,2b,SS and RF look to me as solid future positions as of now. I can't see Gallo as part of the future unless he makes a huge change at the plate. Jury is out on Calhoun but appears he has a upside to battle for LF. DDJ is not consistent at the plate but the kid is certainly entertaining on base paths and CF. 3b depends a lot on Beltre. Catcher needs help.

So how do you evaluate the players now as far as who stays and positions needing upgrade? (Realizing things change) Slow off day and trying to strike up conversation.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing ya'll all needed a day off.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not including Pitching, 1b,2b,SS and RF look to me as solid future positions as of now. I can't see Gallo as part of the future unless he makes a huge change at the plate. Jury is out on Calhoun but appears he has a upside to battle for LF. DDJ is not consistent at the plate but the kid is certainly entertaining on base paths and CF. 3b depends a lot on Beltre. Catcher needs help.

So how do you evaluate the players now as far as who stays and positions needing upgrade? (Realizing things change) Slow off day and trying to strike up conversation.
As always there a lot of moving parts. At least it is out in the open that we are rebuilding and I am okay with that. I look at what it would be like to be an Angels fan thinking what a great year it will be and see there hovering around .500. To me that would be worse. Plus they an underachieving manager.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the waiver wire you know they will put Choo out there to see what teams would be interested. They know he will not be snatched up by someone out of the race because of his salary and the same may be true for the contenders but you just never know when a team gets desperate and goes for it. But if he stays that is okay with me because he has been a positive influence of late. And if Beltre re-signs for a reasonable amount next year I think Andrus stays as well.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the waiver wire you know they will put Choo out there to see what teams would be interested. They know he will not be snatched up by someone out of the race because of his salary and the same may be true for the contenders but you just never know when a team gets desperate and goes for it. But if he stays that is okay with me because he has been a positive influence of late. And if Beltre re-signs for a reasonable amount next year I think Andrus stays as well.
Forgot about Elvis but he and Adrian are pretty thick and your point is well taken

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PITTSBURGH -- It was the debut the Chicago Cubs were hoping for: Four-time All-Star Cole Hamels dazzled with his changeup on the way to a five-inning, nine-strikeout performance in the Cubs' 9-2 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates on Wednesday. It helped that the Cubs offense staked him to an early, 4-0 lead.

"S---, four runs in the first inning and I hadn't even thrown a pitch yet," a smiling Hamels said after the win. "That's an incredible experience right there."

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PITTSBURGH -- It was the debut the Chicago Cubs were hoping for: Four-time All-Star Cole Hamels dazzled with his changeup on the way to a five-inning, nine-strikeout performance in the Cubs' 9-2 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates on Wednesday. It helped that the Cubs offense staked him to an early, 4-0 lead.

"S---, four runs in the first inning and I hadn't even thrown a pitch yet," a smiling Hamels said after the win. "That's an incredible experience right there."

If Cole kills it up there, one of our prospects better pan out damnit.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not surprised by this since it was not at Globe Life Park.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 FA's: Beltre, Gallardo, Colon and Barnett. other than Beltre I pass on them

2019 Club Option's: Chirinos, Fister, Perez and Moore. passing on all 4 saves the Rangers $24.375M

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We want our guys traded to do well as it increases our value as a trade partner

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 FA's: Beltre, Gallardo, Colon and Barnett. other than Beltre I pass on them

2019 Club Option's: Chirinos, Fister, Perez and Moore. passing on all 4 saves the Rangers $24.375M

Probably going to have to pick up one FA pitcher and It might be Gallardo,

re options-Fister would be on the cheap if considered healthy. Perez is on the bubble and may be a tradeable asset if he performs well the rest of the year. For example we picked up Chavez on the cheap and were able to move him.

Picking up value we can potentially move is not a bad philosophy as long as it does not block player development