• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #4 - San Jose at Vancouver - 7:00PM

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The secondary scoring is a big story with this great start to the year. Pelech and Vlasic in the same game.

Sharks Win!

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he keeps it out of his net i give 2 shits if he handles it like a live grenade

You can't tell me he can't improve immensely in that part of his game. It would prevent so many more situations where they are defending in their own zone. Playing the puck well can help the team transition quickly and smoothly. You play goalie, you know.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You can't tell me he can't improve immensely in that part of his game. It would prevent so many more situations where they are defending in their own zone. Playing the puck well can help the team transition quickly and smoothly. You play goalie, you know.

Dude i tried for 5 years to get even marginal at it, being good in practice versus being good at in a game two different worlds. He makes the simple safe play, and the team plays to it which is fine because the defense is mobile and move the puck.

I had to play it back hand i couldnt shoot worth a fuck forehand lol unless i had time lots and lots of time then i could shoot it off the glass or send it up the middle lol

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap: Sharks win :thumb:

A nice road win, can't wait to hear how many games Edler is going to get!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:clap: Sharks win :thumb:

A nice road win, can't wait to hear how many games Edler is going to get!

He won't get anything. League will give some poor excuse like Hertl made some sort move at the last minute that caused the head contact and there was nothing Edler could do. They'll ignore the fact Edler had pleanty of time to avoid making contact with Hertl's head no matter what move Hertl might have made.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't get anything. League will give some poor excuse like Hertl made some sort move at the last minute that caused the head contact and there was nothing Edler could do. They'll ignore the fact Edler had pleanty of time to avoid making contact with Hertl's head no matter what move Hertl might have made.

Now that would be BULLSHIT! I guess we will see what happens.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Hertl is a Canadian then I do think things will be different, Edler will get time off....and everyone in Canada will cherish and say how great that 4th goal was.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TSN is reporting Edler has a hearing with Shanny. Doesn't specify if it's over the phone or in person.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKenzie and LeBrun both saying Edler's hearing is on the phone, Kaleta's (BUF) is in-person.

Sounds about right.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Hertl got smacked by Edler, I instantly thought "ohhh wait till Murray or Clowe get on the ice...oh wait". I actually missed having them on the ice last night.

If there's one thing missing from the team, it's the on ice policeman. That role is not too valuable in the playoffs, but in the regular season, I think there's definitely a place for someone like that on the 4th line.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude i tried for 5 years to get even marginal at it, being good in practice versus being good at in a game two different worlds. He makes the simple safe play, and the team plays to it which is fine because the defense is mobile and move the puck.

I had to play it back hand i couldnt shoot worth a fuck forehand lol unless i had time lots and lots of time then i could shoot it off the glass or send it up the middle lol

I believe you man. I am underestimating how difficult it is to improve that skill. I understand it's not easy playing that puck with a goalie glove and blocker, but I was hoping it was a part of his game that can go from bad to average over the offseason.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Edler has been suspended 3 games for his hit on Hertl.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Hertl got smacked by Edler, I instantly thought "ohhh wait till Murray or Clowe get on the ice...oh wait". I actually missed having them on the ice last night.

If there's one thing missing from the team, it's the on ice policeman. That role is not too valuable in the playoffs, but in the regular season, I think there's definitely a place for someone like that on the 4th line.

I agree, I do worry about not having a tough guy to control the level of play but I fear we have no space in the cap to get someone.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like how shannaban found a way to blame Hertl for putting himself in a dangerous position by reaching for the puck

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree, I do worry about not having a tough guy to control the level of play but I fear we have no space in the cap to get someone.

Wait till the Ralphie gets back, I'm guessing Edlers going to have a bad day

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I believe you man. I am underestimating how difficult it is to improve that skill. I understand it's not easy playing that puck with a goalie glove and blocker, but I was hoping it was a part of his game that can go from bad to average over the offseason.

Hes honestly really good at it, he's smart and doesnt try to make to much happen kind of like Nabby use to do. He just keeps it simple which minimizes mistakes and bad turnovers thats all you want honestly, if you get lucky and have a Turco or a Brouduer caliber puck handler go for it. There honestly arent that many great puck handling goalies in the league.

Hextall was probably the best ever at it