• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: (4) Nebraska vs (5) Michigan — NOW

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with pretty much everything else you said, but I don't think they overachieved at all. They are a really good and talented basketball team and you are right, if they were Michigan or Indiana, they would be in the tourney based on their record and name recognition. Same reason sometimes the Husker football team goes to bowls they don't deserve.

This team was really streaky with their scoring all year, but I thought once Roby started and Palmer became the go to guy most of that worked itself out, but today they played like very inexperienced streaky players. I don't want to take too much away from Michigan though, they played extremely awesome defense so some of that is just tip your cap to them.

This team was picked to finish 13th out of 14 teams preseason.

Copeland and Palmer had never even played with this squad yet.

We had no idea what we were going to get. Many of us were just hoping to get 5 conference wins. We absolutely overachieved.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebrasketball didn't overachieve, the Big 10 sucked.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebrasketball didn't overachieve, the Big 10 sucked.

So it sucked so badly that a sucky Nebraska team ended up 4th out of 14 teams?

Do you think if we took this same team back to last year and played last year all over again that they would have been in the bottom half of that conference?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by the way.....it doesn’t matter either way.

Projected 13th.....finished 4th.

OVER-achieved

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys ever seen the movie snatch?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we might get one or two more home games this year

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it sucked so badly that a sucky Nebraska team ended up 4th out of 14 teams?

Do you think if we took this same team back to last year and played last year all over again that they would have been in the bottom half of that conference?

Yes I do. 8th or lower.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by the way.....it doesn’t matter either way.

Projected 13th.....finished 4th.

OVER-achieved

Because so many others underachieved. Those teams projected to finish higher than Nebraska didn't only lose to Nebraska. They lost to a lot of other teams too.

Had those other teams only lost to Nebraska than you'd have a point.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this were a typical Big 10 season, Nebraska wouldn't have gotten to 22 overall wins.

Maybe 17 or 18 at best, which would certainly have been an improvement over the 12 wins they actually did get last season, but they'd have been NIT or CBI bound none-the-less.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here's what I know Tim miles is making 2.25 million dollars a year and he is a 500 Coach here at Nebraska. Now I've done the research and coaches that are making 3 million or more have win percentages at .700 or better and there are a lot of them. All I am asking is that we get a coach with a proven resume who is wanting to build upon that resume by giving Nebraska's basketball a pulse. Can you imagine what Bill self would do at Nebraska. If it's not facilities and it's not location than it 100% has to be the coach. Believe me five-star basketball players are not going to Kansas because of the nightlife. So we can't undo the 160m PBA. So let's spend 3-4 million dollars on a coach and make it fucking work. I mean we have tried the up and come. And honestly if all we are is a up and come never make the turny. Then I don't want a basketball team. And I don't think Moos is sees it the way you see it J. I hope to mother nature he doesn't because if thats all he thinks of this school and program he can get the fuck out. You will never convince me that we should settle for middle of the road when we have unlimited resources at our disposal.

Nate

Mid-Major Defender
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here's what I know Tim miles is making 2.25 million dollars a year and he is a 500 Coach here at Nebraska. Now I've done the research and coaches that are making 3 million or more have win percentages at .700 or better and there are a lot of them. All I am asking is that we get a coach with a proven resume who is wanting to build upon that resume by giving Nebraska's basketball a pulse. Can you imagine what Bill self would do at Nebraska. If it's not facilities and it's not location than it 100% has to be the coach. Believe me five-star basketball players are not going to Kansas because of the nightlife. So we can't undo the 160m PBA. So let's spend 3-4 million dollars on a coach and make it fucking work. I mean we have tried the up and come. And honestly if all we are is a up and come never make the turny. Then I don't want a basketball team. And I don't think Moos is sees it the way you see it J. I hope to mother nature he doesn't because if thats all he thinks of this school and program he can get the fuck out. You will never convince me that we should settle for middle of the road when we have unlimited resources at our disposal.

Prestige is the best resource. And we have none.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL

You think Moos is gonna fire Miles after this season?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love ye HP, but Nebraska just broke all kinds of program records in a year where we were projected to finish at the bottom of the conference.....whether the conference was up or down, we were supposed to be at the bottom.

There are really a few things that matter to an AD...

1) Are the fans engaged? Yes.
2) Are the games getting sold out? Yes.
3) Has the team improved? Yes.

Money is being made. Fans are showing up to games. This is a business, it’s not a toy. Bill Moos isn’t going to fire a guy right in the middle of one of the most optimistic moments in the history of the most unstoried program in all of College Basketball.

Had we finished anywhere in the bottom half of the league this year, there would be a pattern that couldn’t be ignored. But we have NBA talent, and it showed up just in the nick of time for Tim Miles.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. Why should we keep him? I mean this is the best team Nebraska has had maybe ever and we still can't break into the tournament. And I would say if he isn't able to keep copland and Palmer thret is no reason so keep Miles. Honestly I am so tired of watching Nebraska attempt to play Basketball it's mind numbing. Once again Miles could not get his team to play up to the level of competition we need them to play at critical times and season. I really just don't think we need to settle for this level of basketball especially when schools all around us are much better. And doigd much more with less.
We brought Miles here to take us to the tournament and raised the the standard here. I would say he's only slightly done better than Doc Sadler but Sadler's the reason why we have all these facilities. I just haven't seen any reason to keep miles in the time he has been here. He can't keep assistants here he can't keep players here. It's hard to build a program when you can't establish a solid foundation. What I saw Friday against Michigan was a team that was completely unmotivated and they were extremely hot going into that game.
Give me five reasons why miles should stay.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. Why should we keep him? I mean this is the best team Nebraska has had maybe ever and we still can't break into the tournament. And I would say if he isn't able to keep copland and Palmer thret is no reason so keep Miles. Honestly I am so tired of watching Nebraska attempt to play Basketball it's mind numbing. Once again Miles could not get his team to play up to the level of competition we need them to play at critical times and season. I really just don't think we need to settle for this level of basketball especially when schools all around us are much better. And doigd much more with less.
We brought Miles here to take us to the tournament and raised the the standard here. I would say he's only slightly done better than Doc Sadler but Sadler's the reason why we have all these facilities. I just haven't seen any reason to keep miles in the time he has been here. He can't keep assistants here he can't keep players here. It's hard to build a program when you can't establish a solid foundation. What I saw Friday against Michigan was a team that was completely unmotivated and they were extremely hot going into that game.
Give me five reasons why miles should stay.

No. Just, no.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really??? Cuz I think even Lue and Pike. Would have trouble defending this team when they are on.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really??? Cuz I think even Lue and Pike. Would have trouble defending this team when they are on.
Maybe, but Rich King, Troy Farmer, Clifford Scales and Beau Reid, with Piatkowski of the bench, would have been there scoring all day.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so it's debatable, imagine that. Top 5 for sure. But still top 5 team at the worst college basketball program in the history of basketball. Skinniest kid at fat camp.