• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: (4) Nebraska vs (5) Michigan — NOW

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO HUSKERS!

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we are going to lose this game

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the nightmare I was worried about.

Play good for such a stretch of time and then when it matters most we look like we’ve never done it before.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sMiles sure got 'em ready. lulz

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got their shit pushed in.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought when they got within 7 they had a decent shot, but Michigan answered with a three to put it back to 10 before they turned on the jets and ran away with it.

Nebraska "might" have had a slim shot at the tourney even with a loss so long as they were competitive, but they looked entirely overmatched. They played tight and showed that they had all the pressure on them to win. This team was fun to watch and they do have talent and when they are on, they can play with just about anyone in the country. Problem is no consistency and when they are off, they look really bad.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really sucks because I feel like miles is bought into the program bought into the state but it's just not working for whatever reason what what did he have going on different at Colorado state that he doesn't have here? I mean if you can't get it done with a hundred sixty million dollar facility behind your back what more can you do?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We invested into the basketball program we need to invest in a basketball coach. I mean he makes two and a quarter million dollars a year. Go get Dana Altman go get Jay Wright go get somebody that can make this program not a complete laughingstock. I'm tired of watching schools like Butler and Wichita State consistently get into the tournament and Nebraska has to sit and hope for a goddamn NIT? Cut bait

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can somebody explain to me why we're scraping the bottom of the barrel looking for cream? Creams at the top you know who's eating cream Bill self, Jay Wright, Dana Altman. Moos needs to make a move.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate losing and being the laughing stock of bball even more. What I saw today was a team that was defeated before tip-off and a coach that could not Inspire his team. I don't know if the players got in their head that they weren't going to make the tournament unless they won the Big Ten Tournament but for whatever reason that team today didn't look anything close to what we saw the last 8 games and that right there is telling. 6 years is a hell of a watermark for Miles or for any coach.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But now to answer your question realistically.....like if I were to assume that you actually believe that we can reel in one of the top Basketball coaches in the country...

Look at how Nebraska was treated this season. Underdog.....all season. Led the nation against the spread.....always had to “do more work.” If our jerseys said Michigan or Indiana on them, we’re in right now. Regardless of the fact that we haven’t won shit for quality games this season, that is one of the perks of being a big dawg.

Nebraska is viewed as bottom of the barrel in the Big 10. Right next to Rutgers. We aren’t going to haul in a coach that is proven.....we’re going to haul in an up-and-comer.....just like we got in Tim Miles. Now, if ya’ll want to move on to the next up-and-comer, well okay then so be it. I still don’t think the timing is right if everyone returns, but so be it.

If you’re wanting a household name though.......I’ll just put it this way. You have to have a household name to get a household name. We’re in a conference filled with big dawgs. We aren’t historically one of them, and money doesn’t speak like couch analysts like us think it does. You can’t buy a coach to Nebraska Basketball, and you can’t throw a bunch of shiny objects in front of them either (facilities, arena, etc....)

You have to have a history of success, and if you don’t have that.....you have to hit it big with the right up-and-comer and start to make a history of success. As spoiled rotten fans like we are, we pretend like we’ve been somewhere before and we deserve better. We haven’t, and we don’t. Nebraska overachieved this year in reality.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska overachieved this year in reality.

I agree with pretty much everything else you said, but I don't think they overachieved at all. They are a really good and talented basketball team and you are right, if they were Michigan or Indiana, they would be in the tourney based on their record and name recognition. Same reason sometimes the Husker football team goes to bowls they don't deserve.

This team was really streaky with their scoring all year, but I thought once Roby started and Palmer became the go to guy most of that worked itself out, but today they played like very inexperienced streaky players. I don't want to take too much away from Michigan though, they played extremely awesome defense so some of that is just tip your cap to them.