• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be the number of times the Kings have given up the first goal in a game this season, which leads the NHL.

I believe their record is 14-13-3 or essentially 14-16. On the one hand, their 14 wins leads the NHL in come from behind wins; that also begs the question "why are you giving up the first goal so many times to put yourself in this position to begin with?".

This team has looked like shit in the opening 10-15 minutes of every game the last month and it has come back to bite them almost every time. They were fortunate against NY over the weekend, they were down yet again 2-0 until that hibernating PP came to life for 20 minutes, otherwise they are looking at another loss.

The offense looks horrible, the defense looks confused and Quick is giving up more sofities than we are used to for certain. I'm hoping Keumper gets the start tonight to get Quick a break but being the last game before the ASG I can't see it happening not to mention Quick is a fiery competitor and will want to play after that shit show last night. Forbert left during the second last night and didn't return, I don't see any updates yet - not sure if he will be in the lineup but may be a good time to get LaDue in.

This is a veteran team that has ZERO excuse for coming out the way they do. The lack of secondary scoring is coming more and more to the surface and honestly, I don't think they can wait any longer for Carter to get back. It'll be nice when he returns but they could tumble down the standings even further in the meantime and put themselves out of the POs again (which would be 3 times in 4 years with a 5 game WCQF butt kicking wedged in there -I don't need to remind you guys).

The Kings have about $3.79 million in cap space and I would certainly consider using it right now before the market dictates the asking price for a player by the Trade Deadline and the Kings are SOL. I think Blake needs to make a move soon or watch this season go down the toilet.

They are already pissing into the bowl.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kopitar pulling 2 Muzzin plays on the PP.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and 31

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently I missed one, Stoll said it's 32. I'll double check but that is a ridiculous number. You simply will not win a lot of games when you are a) chasing a lead and b) being forced to play a style the other team has dictated because you gave up the first goal.

Also Rosen confirmed Blake is looking for LW help and a 4-6 defender. I suspected both but it doesn't sound like they will be going for T6 or T4, just serviceable.

They also said they have called up pretty much anyone they can who can possibly play at the NHL level so Ontario won't be proving much more help. This indicates Blake is not willing to part with much which makes sense considering all the higher end assets the Kings have moved the last few years.

Carter will be the big "trade deadline acquisition" with the above plugged in for depth.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't miss one, Stoll mistakenly stated 32. It is in fact 31 including last night but the corrected record is 13-15-3 so I biffed that one initially.

But 31 times giving up the first goal, the last 8 games in a row too - wow. Unbelievable.

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Kings go for the rental? Would hate to see another Sekera debacle. Kane or Neal would be good. Either price would be steep. Kane definitely gets dealt. McPhee is probably trying sign Neal to another contract. If he can't, then it's crazy but a first place team just might deal one of their leading scorers.

They are obviously young, but Clauge and Moveare sound liike future NHLers, albeit not top pairing players. But maybe enough to be a decent piece of the package for another team. Would be interested to know how much of the Kings brass consider Vilardi to likely make the team next year. If they are honestly super high on Vilardi, it might temper their desire to trade for another forward.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is equivalent to Andy Murray saying J-Blow was the best 7th defenseman in the NHL.

=)~~
True
Kings are/were a good third period team because they had no choice. It is like a football team that throws for a lot of yards. It is because they have to to catch up. A good team runs the ball after they have a lead

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Kings go for the rental? Would hate to see another Sekera debacle. Kane or Neal would be good. Either price would be steep. Kane definitely gets dealt. McPhee is probably trying sign Neal to another contract. If he can't, then it's crazy but a first place team just might deal one of their leading scorers.

McPhee definitely has an issue on his hands, he constructed Vegas perfectly but now the down side of that is popping up - I don't think even in his wildest dreams he imagined his first year expansion team would be duking it out with a contender like Tampa Bay for the President's Trophy let alone a PO spot.

He has decisions to make; do I move these guys at their highest value and stock pile for the future or do I keep what I have, make a run (wouldn't a Cup win in their inaugural season be something?), hope to win/go far and let guys walk for free in July? Good problem to have I guess but we will see how good his asset management really is here in the next 3 weeks. I would love to get a guy like Neal but I can't see McPhee trading him within in the division considering it's a dog fight between spots 2-10.

Kane is on the move for sure, the Sabres have set the asking price at an NHL roster player, prospect, a 1st round pick and a conditional pick. That is a huge price to pay for what could be a rental since he will be a GIII UFA July 1. He has also cooled off considerably in January (Oct/Nov/Dec he had about 11-12 points each month, in January only 2 in 11 games and tomorrow is the 31st). Not a good time to slow down with the deadline coming up to keep his value/raise his stock but I'm sure Butterball has overshot in his asking price and will settle for less, Negotiations 101.

Even then, I wouldn't part with a 1st for him in LA's case considering the cupboard is pretty bare from all the win now moves under Dumbo that are catching up. I would say Kane is off the radar for LA strictly for the asking price and new contract moving forward.

My money would be to look for second tier T4-T9 guys on expiring contracts. These include Vanek (Vanloser, 34, 14G/21A, $2.5 million), Marroon (Edmonton, 29, 13G/13A, $1.5 million - that would be fun in the locker room for Doughty), Josh Bailey (NYI, 28, 12G/42A, $3.3 million - depending on Tavares this could be a steal. They have to sign Tavares this summer and have Anders Lee and Eberle due for new contracts in 2019 as UFAs also. Injured right now but close to returning). If you really want to go super cheap on a low risk/high reward move, Benoit Pouliot (Buffalo, 31, 9G/4A, $1.5 million) could be had for peanuts probably and wouldn't be signed in the off season so a pure rental. He was a consistent 15-20 goal scorer not too long ago.

Just not a lot out of there that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. An RFA I would keep on my radar is Daniel Carr of Montreal - 26, LW, 6'0"/190. He's been a healthy scratch in 5-7 of the last games for Montreal even though he has been productive getting fourth line minutes (16GP, 3G/7A, 12:01 ATOI). That's better than any Kings B6 player not named Lewis, and the B6 is what wins you PO games. The Kings' B6 essentially sucks balls.

Bergevin is an idiot, I would offer a 3rd round pick and a spare prospect for him and try to get him. He has a deceptive NHL shot but would need to bulk up a bit more. But what do I know, Justin Williams was always around 185 in LA and did just fine, dude is even dropping the gloves now in Carolina. I just think Montreal has a solid player here and is mismanaging him so why not try and get him; he's young, a LW and I feel is about to turn into a solid NHL player if given the right shot and environment, which he clearly will not have in Montreal any time soon.

They are obviously young, but Clauge and Moveare sound liike future NHLers, albeit not top pairing players. But maybe enough to be a decent piece of the package for another team. Would be interested to know how much of the Kings brass consider Vilardi to likely make the team next year. If they are honestly super high on Vilardi, it might temper their desire to trade for another forward.

At this point for Blake I would be conservative. While the system is pretty bare from Dumbo's moves, it did result in 2 Cups and this is the price you pay for that years down the road. The Kings need to find some later round gems like they have before (4th round has been great to them) and not miss on any higher (1st/2nd) round draft picks. They simply do not have the futures or the cap space to make big moves for the next little while.

I'm not huge on prospects, they are just that - prospects - until they show something at the NHL level but I think based on the cap situation and farm system second tier moves is what LA should go for at the moment since they will be getting a T3 forward in Carter back in the next month or so I am assuming.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quicknuts.gif

Perry appreciation day

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the jab he gives Brown at the end with an "accidental" stick tap to the face. Perry is the master at that kind of stuff, it's quite entertaining.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now 42 :gaah:

-0- shots on goal