• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 in a row... 5 of last 6

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losses.

Time to hit the ‘wait until next year button’?

It was hard to watch last night’s game. Looks like our HOF coach has lost his team. In the post-game presser he mentioned he would be helping some kids find a new home next year. We heard that following the 13 win season of a few years ago when he was going to ‘fix it’ for all of the great coal miners in WV.

WTF has happened to WVU basketball?

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season is beginning to smell like Gale Catlett's last season and the Jonathan Hargett debacle. Not much would surprise me after this season. I could see Huggs retiring, or half the team being kicked, or a hundred other possibilities and combinations.

I do believe it's going to take more than a reset on the year... This looks like a hard reset type problem. Pull the plug and backup battery...

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least last night the boys had the generosity to never take the lead instead of blowing one.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night did suck but Iowa State shot 62%. Villanova would have a hard time beating someone shooting 62% from the field. Offense didn’t look horrible actually last night but the defense absolutely stunk. Yes I know some was due to the ISU shooting but we have to get it together. It sucks nothing looks like it gets easier schedule wise but we must bear down and compete. Hopefully Saturday sparks the turn around.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m pretty sure it’s easier to make shots at a high percentage when you’re wide open.

Our half court defense has been pretty mediocre all season. Last night was the worst I’ve seen in quite some time.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night did suck but Iowa State shot 62%. Villanova would have a hard time beating someone shooting 62% from the field. Offense didn’t look horrible actually last night but the defense absolutely stunk. Yes I know some was due to the ISU shooting but we have to get it together. It sucks nothing looks like it gets easier schedule wise but we must bear down and compete. Hopefully Saturday sparks the turn around.

I would suggest you go back and see where those shots were made from...60 percent of of that 62% were made within 3 feet of the basket...speaks to a total breakdown on defense..

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would suggest you go back and see where those shots were made from...60 percent of of that 62% were made within 3 feet of the basket...speaks to a total breakdown on defense..

As as I stated, the defense totally stunk. But when they are shooting almost 60% from 3 it’s not going to be an easy night defensively.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As as I stated, the defense totally stunk. But when they are shooting almost 60% from 3 it’s not going to be an easy night defensively.

I agree...but go back and take a look at how many of those 3's were uncontested...It happened last game to when that Knox kid just took his time lined up a 3 and dropped juuuust about everyone of them...I have never seen a Wv not body up the 3 point line before...concerning...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I was planning to get on here this morning a give DAD a rash of shit about losing to the Dredge of the Conference in Iowa State ...a team that was missing THEIR BEST PLAYER BTW...but it lost steam last night when BBW where discussing the game...I was totally bummed...the game sucked the life out of me...what an ass ugly effort and a a losing streak that unfortunately hasn't hit rock bottom just yet....because come Monday OU will be out to humiliate this group on their home floor...

Buuuut, after watching this I changed my mind...

WVU Coach Huggins reacts to loss at Iowa State

Thats your HOF Coach DAD! If Dana would have given a presser like this he would have been eviscerated!!

Always living in the past when shit goes bad "Well "MY GUYS" before would have never let this happen" ..Umm aren't THESE his guys??Like he has separated himself from THIS TEAM?? If I am playing for him I would be PISSED! Soon as the ship starts sinking the Captain is the first to jump over board? Is that how its supposed to work? He has no answers??.and in the tone he said it.could you imagine if Dana said that in that way after a presser?.. Well I got some advice for him...get off that fucking stool and start coaching I don't care if your hip falls off! Lose 50 lbs if it hurts that bad..stay away from the Burrito Ole' joint for goodness sakes!! Show your team your committed in some symbolic way...do anything to get their attention that you are ALL IN and with them!

That loss last night was right up there with STEPHEN F AUSTIN!

Last edited:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’re on a roll now. Sorry I missed the game last night but I’m sure it was more of the same especially after seeing the game highlights, all Iowa State, on the local news. Layup after layup. I can see why ISU shot 62%. I guess having a future Hall of Fame HC doesn’t really matter. What did Poppy used to say about getting a football coach? We should look towards the MAC. When I suggested we may need to start looking for Huggy’s successor, I was pouring piss on a great man. I like Huggs, but even fHOF HC has moments. Maybe his ship has sailed, I don’t know. I’m sure that No Balls has a plan in place. Why aren’t you few who wanted to run Dana out of town, looking hard at you Poppy and Rusher, after his shit season have anything to say about the coaching abilities of your basketball coach. Remember when Poppy whined about Trumbull being replaced? When Stewart was replaced? When bb was smacking down Mickey? Keep holding on to the memories. Funny shit.

Speaking of No Balls, aren’t we overdue on the construction projects? As far as Gee - how about getting your maintenance folks get some salt down around the University if you expect students to attend classes. Sidewalks and roads covered with snow and ice. Maybe No Balls can manage that program.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I was planning to get on here this morning a give DAD a rash of shit about losing to the Dredge of the Conference in Iowa State ...a team that was missing THEIR BEST PLAYER BTW...but it lost steam last night when BBW where discussing the game...I was totally bummed...the game sucked the life out of me...what an ass ugly effort and a a losing streak that unfortunately hasn't hit rock bottom just yet....because come Monday OU will be out to humiliate this group on their home floor...

Thats your HOF Coach DAD! If Dana would have given a presser like this he would have been eviscerated!!

Always living in the past when shit goes bad "Well "MY GUYS" before would have never let this happen" ..Umm aren't THESE his guys??Like he has separated himself from THIS TEAM?? If I am playing for him I would be PISSED! Soon as the ship starts sinking the Captain is the first to jump over board? Is that how its supposed to work? He has no answers??.and in the tone he said it.could you imagine if Dana said that in that way after a presser?.. Well I got some advice for him...get off that fucking stool and start coaching I don't care if your hip falls off! Lose 50 lbs if it hurts that bad..stay away from the Burrito Ole' joint for goodness sakes!! Show your team your committed in some symbolic way...do anything to get their attention that you are ALL IN and with them!

I wasn’t going to watch the video BUT “I’ve been doing this for 40 years and I have no answers”????? WTF???? We haven’t pressed? Hell, I don’t know - maybe call it off and switch defenses every once in a while during the game. We haven’t practice hard? I can understand on a quick turn around in travel. On the football side, Travel didn’t matter as an excuse. We haven’t shot well. What is being done during shoot around? Is everybody launching threes? How about running some offense sets? I see why Poppy and others do this to Dana. It’s fun being an arm chair coach.

Funny you mention the stool. When Bilas had his Fullcourt something or other segment where he asked questions to Huggins, which was supposed to be the length of the entire court, Huggins stopped 3/4 of the way and sat on his stool saying I’m stopping here. Damn. I’m waiting for a loose ball situation and a kid to go flying into it. May not be a good situation.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry to say, I seen this choke coming, said as much weeks ago. The chemistry has been messed up since Esa came back. Can come up with a lot of excuses, but the way this team is playing, we will be lucky to see them in the NIT by years end.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t going to watch the video BUT “I’ve been doing this for 40 years and I have no answers”????? WTF???? We haven’t pressed? Hell, I don’t know - maybe call it off and switch defenses every once in a while during the game. We haven’t practice hard? I can understand on a quick turn around in travel. On the football side, Travel didn’t matter as an excuse. We haven’t shot well. What is being done during shoot around? Is everybody launching threes? How about running some offense sets? I see why Poppy and others do this to Dana. It’s fun being an arm chair coach.

Funny you mention the stool. When Bilas had his Fullcourt something or other segment where he asked questions to Huggins, which was supposed to be the length of the entire court, Huggins stopped 3/4 of the way and sat on his stool saying I’m stopping here. Damn. I’m waiting for a loose ball situation and a kid to go flying into it. May not be a good situation.

Glad I wasn't the only one to get fired up with that pitiful post game presser...I understand bad losses ( though some don't...aka DAD) it happens...but that messaging was beyond what a good coach would do..I don't accept that it's "HIS WAY" or "THATS JUST HUGGS"... he is the 6th HIGHEST PAID COACH IN AMERICA!...and he doesn't have anymore answers.......well.......time to move on then

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly.....point the finger

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...but go back and take a look at how many of those 3's were uncontested...It happened last game to when that Knox kid just took his time lined up a 3 and dropped juuuust about everyone of them...I have never seen a Wv not body up the 3 point line before...concerning...

I agree with last night, but I feel like they have left people open for 3 all year. Besides our offense totally shutting down that’s how we lost to Kansas. An that was the only reason Virginia was a close game. We left that dude Guy opened for 3 all second half.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with last night, but I feel like they have left people open for 3 all year. Besides our offense totally shutting down that’s how we lost to Kansas. An that was the only reason Virginia was a close game. We left that dude Guy opened for 3 all second half.

Saw the stat just a few minutes ago...43 points in the paint last night.....

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More quips from Huggins...

“We don’t guard,” head coach Bob Huggins said. “These guys have single-handedly destroyed Press Virginia. We can’t press anybody. We got 40 shots to their 28 in the second half. They make 16 and we make 14. You’re not gonna win. We miss point blank shot after point blank shot.

“Then we don’t get back. Our transition defense is as bad as any team I have ever had. We come out of the huddle – and I’ve never had that in 40 years – and we have guys not in the right position. I’ve never had that in 40 years.”

and.............where is his accountability as coach to as DAD says COACH THEM UP?........ This would be a coaching issue isn't DAD?? Sure sounds like one to me..

I have fought with them and fought with them and fought with them,” Huggins said. “We do not practice the way we have practiced in the past. We have to practice he way these guys practiced early in the year. I wish I could put a finger on what it is. I don’t know if we got to thinking we were better than we were or are, or I have a bunch of lazy guys.

Yep now it DEFINITELY sounds like a Coaching issue...as BBW we have read this book before..I mis-spoke this team hasn't quit on the Coach, the Coach it sounds like has quit on his team! Which means he will like last time start ejecting players out of the program...but who really 2 senior guards are gone, Ahmad is going nowhere ...what send Harler packing to Moundsville?? :laugh3:...

and the finally...

This says it all..

“Everybody seems bouncier than us, more athletic than we are. Everybody is better than we are now. We don’t guard. We don’t have any pride in guarding. We won’t sustain anything. We are not tough enough to sustain anything. I usually have an answer and I don’t really have one.

The 6th highest paid coach in the country leaves you with that nugget to chew on..

Last edited:

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three weeks ago this team looked like it may be best we have had in our lifetimes. Now the sky has fallen and they now play to their talent level.
Bottom line is that our players are just not that good. Chase Harler would not start for any B12 team except us. We lost our best recruits Carver (grades) and Brandon Knapp (knee) rumor has it that Knapp could come back but Huggs does not want to burn the redshirt.

Offensively, this team has been bad all year. Last night the Defense was horrid also. Dax was missed much more than I thought. Huggs says too much at the post game pressers. He should hire Trump to do those interviews. Obviously, Huggs is frustrated with this group.

Carter is the heartbeat of this team. When he is hitting we win, when he does not, we are in trouble.

Sags has shown great improvement this year but still has a way to go. Losing Macon this year was tough.

Asa- He is the best player on this team and the only guy who can consistently go the the rim. Huggs needs to run his offense around Asa like he did with Desean Butler years ago.

Dax- Takes bad shots, disappears for long periods, but from the look of last night, he is desperately needed.

Bender Ruoff- These guys have shown me nothing.

Bolden- makes a good 3 but is a so so defender and is bad at getting back in defense. Tell tale is that Harler is starting ahead of him.

Harler- West Virginia kid who was not offered by anybody else but WVU. Would not even start for Moundsville

Allen- Just give me the ball and I will take it to the basket and try to shoot over a 7 foot defender. Guy obvoiusly has an attitude, shows potential. My bet is that he is not here next year.

Harris- The invisible man. I only notice him when he makes a bad foul.

West- lost his 3 point shot, never a good rebounder of post player.

Overall, this is not a B12 capable roster. The fact that they rose to #2 in the polls with these players is amazing. Huggs does deserve some credit for that. He also deserves credit for losing this team.

How do the players respond to Huggs comments? I think he is trying to wake up the team through the media. While I do not agree with this practice, who knows, it may work. We will find out in the next couple of weeks to see if they respond or retreat.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three weeks ago this team looked like it may be best we have had in our lifetimes. Now the sky has fallen and they now play to their talent level.
Bottom line is that our players are just not that good. Chase Harler would not start for any B12 team except us. We lost our best recruits Carver (grades) and Brandon Knapp (knee) rumor has it that Knapp could come back but Huggs does not want to burn the redshirt.

Offensively, this team has been bad all year. Last night the Defense was horrid also. Dax was missed much more than I thought. Huggs says too much at the post game pressers. He should hire Trump to do those interviews. Obviously, Huggs is frustrated with this group.

Carter is the heartbeat of this team. When he is hitting we win, when he does not, we are in trouble.

Sags has shown great improvement this year but still has a way to go. Losing Macon this year was tough.

Asa- He is the best player on this team and the only guy who can consistently go the the rim. Huggs needs to run his offense around Asa like he did with Desean Butler years ago.

Dax- Takes bad shots, disappears for long periods, but from the look of last night, he is desperately needed.

Bender Ruoff- These guys have shown me nothing.

Bolden- makes a good 3 but is a so so defender and is bad at getting back in defense. Tell tale is that Harler is starting ahead of him.

Harler- West Virginia kid who was not offered by anybody else but WVU. Would not even start for Moundsville

Allen- Just give me the ball and I will take it to the basket and try to shoot over a 7 foot defender. Guy obvoiusly has an attitude, shows potential. My bet is that he is not here next year.

Harris- The invisible man. I only notice him when he makes a bad foul.

West- lost his 3 point shot, never a good rebounder of post player.

Overall, this is not a B12 capable roster. The fact that they rose to #2 in the polls with these players is amazing. Huggs does deserve some credit for that. He also deserves credit for losing this team.

How do the players respond to Huggs comments? I think he is trying to wake up the team through the media. While I do not agree with this practice, who knows, it may work. We will find out in the next couple of weeks to see if they respond or retreat.

I know every Coach is different but for the life of me I don't ever remember Roy Williams , Coach K, Bill Self, Tom Izzo ever sound like that at a presser....

I agree with most of your breakdown of the players..I 100% agree they need to run the offense thru Ahmad...

I really don't understand Teddy Allen's game at the moment....as far as #50 I think you have him undervalued...he is a game changer on defense and that mid range jumper is lethal...I think he is playing like one of the top 10 players in the country...the last true intimidators that I can remember was D'Or Fisher and Lester Rowe...but this kid is light years better than both of them..

Beetle IMHO has been the unsung hero of the team this yearl...I think his defense has been outstanding...leaps and bounds better than last year...

West needs to grind..until he finds his shot he needs to score around the basket...

They need to get more out of Bender and Routt somehow...they are killing this team with the production they have on the floor or lack there of when they are in the game.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to the start of the season, we knew Macon, Knapper and Culver were unavailable. Huggs gave Ruott a scholarship as a result.

Bender has been a total bust. I watched a few of his high school games a few years ago. And, the kid was dialed in against a bunch of talented players who went on to Power schools.

When Sags if off the floor, there is a huge drop off in production on both sides of the court.

With the senior guards being who they are, and our back ups who they are... you knew this was going to be a tough go. I never expected to see West and Ahmad fall off like they have. But, I knew there was no depth in the front court either.

So, why continue to be Press VA when you have no quality depth? Why put Sags in vulnerable position defensively when he needs to be on the court?

Who is going to step up and be a goddamn leader of this team? It sure ain’t JC or Dax...

Read today the team is being impacted by the flu. Could be ugly on Saturday...