• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

25 man roster?

Mr. Oriole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's taking shape...

Wieters
Davis
Schoop
Hardy
Machado
Kim / Reimold
Jones
Trumbo
Alvarez

Joseph / Flaherty / Rickard

Tillman
Gallardo
Jimenez
Gonzalez
Gausman

Britton
O'Day
Bundy
Brach
Matusz
McFarland / Worley / Givens / Drake / Roe / Garcia (2 of these?)

Is Paredes headed for the 60-day DL?

Will Duquette pick up another lefthanded reliever before the season starts?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's taking shape...

Wieters
Davis
Schoop
Hardy
Machado
Kim / Reimold
Jones
Trumbo
Alvarez

Joseph / Flaherty / Rickard

Tillman
Gallardo
Jimenez
Gonzalez
Gausman

Britton
O'Day
Bundy
Brach
Matusz
McFarland / Worley / Givens / Drake / Roe / Garcia (2 of these?)

Is Paredes headed for the 60-day DL?

Will Duquette pick up another lefthanded reliever before the season starts?

only thing i would change is on your 6 pick 2 . i think it is pick 1 of 4 and that is givens is going north . garcia needs to build his innings to be a starter next year so he is at aa or aaa . worley is most likely out of options so they would most likely send him north . i like drake over roe .

my order of the 6 givens is a given , drake , tj , worley and roe with garcia to the minors .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
garcia was sent to aa today . while the o's won game 2 of st games

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rickard is looking pretty good in the field and at bat

Mr. Oriole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rickard is looking pretty good in the field and at bat

Rickard is making the 25 man roster.

5 outfielders...Jones, Trumbo, Kim, Reimold and Rickard.

5 infielders...Davis, Schoop, Hardy, Machado, Flaherty

2 catchers...Wieters, Joseph

dh...Alvarez

that's 13

with 12 pitchers, that's 25.

no room for Paredes unless he goes on the dl.

Tolleson would be a useful utility player to have on the roster, but Reimold or Rickard would have to go.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker is making a push for an OF spot, may need more time at AAA to sharpen his skills. Swinging the bat very well right now.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker is making a push for an OF spot, may need more time at AAA to sharpen his skills. Swinging the bat very well right now.

Yea he has put up good numbers this spring but he has options. Trumbo and Alvarez will be free agents after this year. He can be starting 1st/DH next year.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beware of a jake fox sighting . i do like walker but spring training means very little .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are moving walker to lf at aaa .matusz gausman and maybe matt will go on dl . is kim worth keeping ? rickard looks like a starter with trumbo and pedro are both weak in the field . rays messed up on rickard and we may have a steal which is very rare for the duke

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are moving walker to lf at aaa .matusz gausman and maybe matt will go on dl . is kim worth keeping ? rickard looks like a starter with trumbo and pedro are both weak in the field . rays messed up on rickard and we may have a steal which is very rare for the duke

Parades probably to the DL too right? What the chances of Kim approving being sent to AAA? I know the O's need his approval before and can go down. If the O's cut him I doubt another team would give him a MLB contract.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it maybe time for wilson and wright and let the rest work on their trade at aaa . which gonzo is only one with an option atm . i really like that willson is a uva grad smart guy that is a pitcher . wright is a big arm kid and is a thrower still . i was shocked watching yesterday that they (espn crew) think gausman is going in the wrong direction by buck and staff . they also said bundy has a problem with shoulder and may never be a froontline starter due to health . wasn't to high on hunter but then again they was all red sux lovers .

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it maybe time for wilson and wright and let the rest work on their trade at aaa . which gonzo is only one with an option atm . i really like that willson is a uva grad smart guy that is a pitcher . wright is a big arm kid and is a thrower still . i was shocked watching yesterday that they (espn crew) think gausman is going in the wrong direction by buck and staff . they also said bundy has a problem with shoulder and may never be a froontline starter due to health . wasn't to high on hunter but then again they was all red sux lovers .

Wilson is going to make the rotation after a awesome spring and Gausman on the DL. The question is who gets the nod for 5th starter? Wright or Gonzalez?

I think the starting rotation to start the season will be;

Tillman
Gallardo
Jimenez
Wilson
Wright

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opening day roster prediction.

Starters;
Weiters (barring he's healthy)
Davis
Schoop
Hardy
Machado
Trumbo
Jones
Rickard
DH Alvarez

Bench;
Reimold
Flaherty
Joseph
Do they just go with a 3 man bench to carry another reliever for a weak rotation?

Rotation;
Tillman
Gallardo
Jimenez
Wilson
Wright

Bullpen;
Britton
O'Day
Bundy
Givens
Roe
Drake
Brach
Worley

DL;
Parades
Matusz
Gausman

If they go with a 4 man bench I think the first to go would be Worley. Maybe they sign Murphy or keep Kim. I think the bullpen will be working a lot so I would probably carry a extra guy. It'll be interesting when Parades comes back what will happen.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Starters;
Davis
Schoop
Hardy
Machado
Trumbo
Jones
Rickard
DH Alvarez

Bench;
Reimold
Flaherty
Joseph
Do they just go with a 3 man bench to carry another reliever for a weak rotation?

Rotation;
Tillman
Gallardo
Jimenez
Wilson
Wright

Bullpen;
Britton
O'Day
Bundy
Givens
Roe
Drake
Brach
Worley

DL;
Parades
Matusz
Gausman

If they go with a 4 man bench I think the first to go would be Worley. Maybe they sign Murphy or keep Kim. I think the bullpen will be working a lot so I would probably carry a extra guy. It'll be interesting when Parades comes back what will happen.

i'm impressed with rickard but to think the rays are as far off as the scouts think . i would not be shocked if he wouldn't be a jake fox great spring then the real pitching starts . as hot as nolan is he puts runs on the board as good as any when on a roll . i would just love to see nolan have one great healthy year . nolan would have earned it but that base running play in the first inning was ugly to say the least .

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orioles place Miguel Gonzalez on release waivers

Kind of surprised by this move. I guess this means that Vance Worley is making the opening day roster?

Starters;
Davis
Schoop
Hardy
Machado
Trumbo
Jones
Rickard
DH Alvarez

Bench;
Reimold
Flaherty
Joseph

Rotation;
Tillman
Gallardo
Jimenez
Wilson
Wright

Bullpen;
Britton
O'Day
Bundy
Givens
Roe
Drake
Brach
Worley

DL;
Parades
Matusz
Gausman

You called it, @mikeytheman247

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of surprised by this move. I guess this means that Vance Worley is making the opening day roster?

this is news to me since gonzo didn't make the team . the o's are only on the hook for 45 more days of the 5.1 million if he goes unclaimed . i get tired of always going in another direction over nolan giving kim 7 million last year synder and dearza and all the pie shit . nolan isn't even making a million . while i think roch has jumped the gun on rickard over nolan . i think buck will give it to nolan and have rickard trumbo's replacement . i'm not sold on trumbo in the field . i think the starters will be wright and wilson until gausman is back . worley is most likely the longman with bundy .

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[...] i think the starters will be wright and wilson until gausman is back . worley is most likely the longman with bundy .

Given the benefit of hindsight, you have to wonder if the Orioles organization should have sold high on Gonzalez after the 2014 season (where the huge gap between his 3.23 ERA and 4.89 FIP has "career year, expect major regression in the future" written all over it) and given his rotation spot to Wilson as early as 2015... Better late than never, though.