• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Qatar Cup to be held in Nov/Dec

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The final will be played on December 18th.

At least the weather should be nicer.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This needs to be squashed right the fuck now. There's so much filth on this thing, it just needs to go away.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This needs to be squashed right the fuck now. There's so much filth on this thing, it just needs to go away.

The WC is my favorite sporting event, but I agree. I'd be totally okay with the US (and hopefully others) sitting out this WC.

FIFA fucking sucks. Everyone knows that. But giving the WC to a country that literally supports terrorism against Westerners is an unparalleled low.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like the idea of the WC being held din November and December as I believe it will lead to better quality of play. With the WC being held in June/July it is really hard for those guys who play in Europe because their season starts in August and they also have to play in domestic competition and also Champions/UEFA league in addition to their league season. It is a grueling schedule

BigDGarciaFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is my list of ways, how The True American Sports Fan(as well as the True Canadian Sports Fan) can still make the Qatar World Cup a TV ratings success.

1. if your favorite NFL, NBA, NHL, major college team is playing on day of a world cup game, have an extra tv, turned on.
2. avoid netflix and movie theaters for the remainder of the tournament.
3. do you christmas shopping 2 months ahead of time.
4. dont go to bars or nightclubs unless the owner has at least one TV airing a world cup match.
5 if there are NFL, NBA, NHL, or college games happening and your favorite teams arent playing, then you must watch a world cup game, simple as that
6. do not set wedding dates on any of the days of the tournament.

JV35

El Chapo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lotsa Arab hotties in Qatar. I'll be there, taking my pick in the raging disco scene.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like the idea of the WC being held din November and December as I believe it will lead to better quality of play. With the WC being held in June/July it is really hard for those guys who play in Europe because their season starts in August and they also have to play in domestic competition and also Champions/UEFA league in addition to their league season. It is a grueling schedule

Yeah, but think of all those club teams that will lose most of their squad for 5 weeks in the first half of their domestic seasons.

Coaches are probably against this whole Qatar absurdity.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fucking travesty. How in the world can this go on during European competition.

Also random rant. IF MLS ever wants to be taken seriously. Adapt European calendar. There is a reason why the best US players need to go play in Europe.

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fucking travesty. How in the world can this go on during European competition.

Also random rant. IF MLS ever wants to be taken seriously. Adapt European calendar. There is a reason why the best US players need to go play in Europe.

Once Qatar got the cup, it had to be during November/December. Otherwise ground temperatures would be in the 120F range. Players would literally die out there.

I also disagree on MLS playing in the fall/winter. Right now they play in the summer and their only sports competition is baseball. If they played in the fall/winter they'd be up against the NFL, NBA, College Football, and the NHL. Their games would never see the light of day.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Septic Bladder is starting to hint to all the countries he's done dirty business with that if he goes down, he's taking them with him.

This week he started leaking some tidbits that Germany's vote for Qatar was bought via lots of contracts for German firms getting construction contracts and public works projects in the country. It was Capt. Obvious time, but I'm sure the German companies involved were trying to hide this laundry.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Qatar got the cup, it had to be during November/December. Otherwise ground temperatures would be in the 120F range. Players would literally die out there.

I also disagree on MLS playing in the fall/winter. Right now they play in the summer and their only sports competition is baseball. If they played in the fall/winter they'd be up against the NFL, NBA, College Football, and the NHL. Their games would never see the light of day.

Not to be a dick. But duh on the first part. I understand basic logic in regards to the climate of dirka dirka land.

Yes, absolutely. America will not take soccer seriously, with NFL, NBA, CLFB NHL going on. But the world wont take America seriously in soccer when they play in the summer during the world break. If you want US club team to participate in Europa, or UEFA or anything that helps build resume, you have to change the league schedule. Which gets US Club teams involved in higher competition building repertoire and incentive to play.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is my list of ways, how The True American Sports Fan(as well as the True Canadian Sports Fan) can still make the Qatar World Cup a TV ratings success.

1. if your favorite NFL, NBA, NHL, major college team is playing on day of a world cup game, have an extra tv, turned on.
2. avoid netflix and movie theaters for the remainder of the tournament.
3. do you christmas shopping 2 months ahead of time.
4. dont go to bars or nightclubs unless the owner has at least one TV airing a world cup match.
5 if there are NFL, NBA, NHL, or college games happening and your favorite teams arent playing, then you must watch a world cup game, simple as that
6. do not set wedding dates on any of the days of the tournament.

I bet you're really fun at parties.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be a dick. But duh on the first part. I understand basic logic in regards to the climate of dirka dirka land.

Yes, absolutely. America will not take soccer seriously, with NFL, NBA, CLFB NHL going on. But the world wont take America seriously in soccer when they play in the summer during the world break. If you want US club team to participate in Europa, or UEFA or anything that helps build resume, you have to change the league schedule. Which gets US Club teams involved in higher competition building repertoire and incentive to play.

They can't participate in Europa or Champions league. You have to play in that region to play in their region championship tournaments. :L

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was thinking about this. The MLS Playoffs happen in November/December. This is going to screw some big teams up big time. I mean, obviously playing for your country in a World Cup is bigger than playing for your Club Championship, but still.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is this disaster still hosting the WC during the holiday real in 22?

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many people have dieded building stadiums?

The EPL is adopting a winter break, but this is going to be loco for club competition.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, most of the South American Leagues and Copa Libertadores are going on right now, in the summer, and I'm pretty sure they are taken seriously without being on the European Club schedule/calendar.

4853ce63d34e23c6b8da6c4d6c6eeadc.jpg

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, most of the South American Leagues and Copa Libertadores are going on right now, in the summer, and I'm pretty sure they are taken seriously without being on the European Club schedule/calendar.

4853ce63d34e23c6b8da6c4d6c6eeadc.jpg
Meh. I have no idea. Have never nor will I ever watch a MLS match.