• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 free agents/ diaz cy young/general

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only a few teams have more good pitchers than they need.......cinncinnati is one of those..but they are mostly young pitchers around 25

castillo
romano
desclafani
stephenson

and old guys
harvey and
bailey

but at there AAA
they have 3 guys ready to go

cody reed
lucas sims and
matt wisler

that is 7 young pitchers ...but they are not as good as they will be next year or the next...which is why cincinati loses

tampa bay and pitsburgh are two others

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sometimes you get stuck in a ..rut(a long deep passage of wheels..internet discription...lol)

and to get out of it...you have to do something different ...or you never will....seager is in a rut

so he needs a new approah...or he will never get out of it

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed....on the money for machado...i think they could do eavaldi though..but another ss/3b may do..eduardo escobar of arizona is a free agent as well 277 ave 18 Hr...but they may not have the money for eduardo either

they really need to trade to keep costs down..cuz unless they trade for a #2 pitcher...then they will have to go after eavaldi
really they could prob only afford one free agent..pitchers are harder to come by...although they do have some trade material....they do not have a lot

but if seager would try hitting the other way..like he did in oakland...intsead of pulling the ball for a hr every time

then he would be a better hitter...and if he would hit around 250 or up we would not have a prob

260 or 270 should be nomal for seager

Seager has become a lost cause and replacing him will be difficult with his contract being so damn high. I think we're stuck with him unless some miracle takes place in the off season.

Eavaldi is an option I hope the FO explores which means they probably won't.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaz wont win the CY Young unfortunately. He should get votes tho. I think Chris Sale wins it by default, especially since Trevor Bauer got hurt. Also the Astros have a couple of guys who would be in contention. I just think it is very difficult to justify a reliever for that award. Needs to be a year where no starter are dominant

However Dennis Eckersely was the last reliever to win the MVP and if you look at Diaz's stat compared to his Diaz compares favorably. I think Diaz's aren't updated from his last outing.

View attachment 185121

Sale just hit the DL again so maybe just maybe this becomes a conversation if Diaz continues his pace

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seager has become a lost cause and replacing him will be difficult with his contract being so damn high. I think we're stuck with him unless some miracle takes place in the off season.

Eavaldi is an option I hope the FO explores which means they probably won't.

yeah .........seem like what they need at this point they cant get.........but it is like they are in a tunnel..where only a few players will do

agreed on seager

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaz wont win the CY Young unfortunately. He should get votes tho. I think Chris Sale wins it by default, especially since Trevor Bauer got hurt. Also the Astros have a couple of guys who would be in contention. I just think it is very difficult to justify a reliever for that award. Needs to be a year where no starter are dominant

However Dennis Eckersely was the last reliever to win the MVP and if you look at Diaz's stat compared to his Diaz compares favorably. I think Diaz's aren't updated from his last outing.

View attachment 185121

With the Eck comparison, Eck won it in a year where he shouldn't have won (Clemens and Mussina had Cy worthy years), and it wasn't even his best season (his 1990 was way better than his 1992).

A fair amount of closers have since had better seasons than Eck's 1992 but didn't win the Cy, so I don't think Eck's 1990 is the barometer of what a Cy season for closers should look like (since many feel it was more of a lifetime achievement award in a less deserving season).

This season, you've got more than a handful of AL pitchers who could win 17+ games with an under 3 ERA, so I can't see it going to a reliever since it hasn't been a weak year for starting pitching.

Last edited: