• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Signings & Roster Moves

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Previous post puts the roster at 71. Pats have 8 draft picks which puts it at 79. That leaves 11 spots for undrafted free agents. You know, 2-3 guys who actually displace veterans and draft picks.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I look at this I think to myself 10WRs and 5 TEs that's 30 hands to catch footballs. Allen, I fell actually can catch the ball I think he just struggled to learn the system and I feel Hollister improved a lot as the season progressed. I don't know a darn thing about Will Tye but Niklas can damn sure block not sure what the hands are like. If any of the rumors were ever true and if the Pats wanted to trade Gronk and draft day to pick up extra picks and add some youth and depth I feel it could be done. I would think they could at least a 2nd and 6th.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I look at this I think to myself 10WRs and 5 TEs that's 30 hands to catch footballs. Allen, I fell actually can catch the ball I think he just struggled to learn the system and I feel Hollister improved a lot as the season progressed. I don't know a darn thing about Will Tye but Niklas can damn sure block not sure what the hands are like. If any of the rumors were ever true and if the Pats wanted to trade Gronk and draft day to pick up extra picks and add some youth and depth I feel it could be done. I would think they could at least a 2nd and 6th.
Agreed. I'd hate to lose Gronk but NE is in good shape right now. As long as BB doesn't get fleeced just because Gronk pissed in his Cheerios I'm good with it.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niklas is a much better TE than Allen. I watched him in college being a ND fan, and man he was a tough SOB. He can block and can run with the ball after the catch. I am pretty sure NE meet with him before the draft. If Niklas can stay healthy and block and show more than Allen, he will make this team. Allen is due 5 mill...Niklas, not so much. Allen has the lead cause he knows they system.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niklas is a much better TE than Allen. I watched him in college being a ND fan, and man he was a tough SOB. He can block and can run with the ball after the catch. I am pretty sure NE meet with him before the draft. If Niklas can stay healthy and block and show more than Allen, he will make this team. Allen is due 5 mill...Niklas, not so much. Allen has the lead cause he knows they system.

Niklas has had a bunch of high ankle sprains. He could possibly improve his footwork with Dante.
An article I read this morning said that is strong and he's a big guy but "doesn't play to his strength or size.
Roto says "he is not a good athlete"

I have to wonder when he might have looked like "a good athlete" when he has been playing his entire pro career with "bad wheels"??????

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niklas has had a bunch of high ankle sprains. He could possibly improve his footwork with Dante.
An article I read this morning said that is strong and he's a big guy but "doesn't play to his strength or size.
Roto says "he is not a good athlete"

I have to wonder when he might have looked like "a good athlete" when he has been playing his entire pro career with "bad wheels"??????

So he has Steph Curry ankles.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Sports Sunday and they posted an interesting stat on the board for everyone to think about.

Top 4 yardage performers in 2017:

Brandin Cooks 1100+ (Rams)
Dion Lewis 1100+ (Titans)
Rob Gronkowski 1000+
Danny Amendola 800+ (Dolphins)

I thought that this would turn into a "We really need to panic" conversation, but the three guys calmly looked at it and discussed what the Patriots will do to recapture the yardage.

Julian Edelman will probably have at least 800+ yards and offers one thing none of the lost guys could even think about doing.....throw a pass.

Malcolm Mitchell finally found a surgeon who could perform knee surgery and it appears that he will be near 100%. Considering how well he played in Super Bowl LI with a seriously damaged knee, he could be a huge surprise with a one that works.

Jordan Matthews will take over the slot and has the potential to put up huge numbers. He's already started working out with TB and JE in the Gillette field house.

Chris Hogan. The man people forget. Hogan missed five games after taking a wick helmet shot to his right arm and shoulder in the CHargers game last year. He wasn't the same after that hit. With rehab therapy and time, he should be back to normal.

Phillip Dorsett will get the opportunity to take Cooks spot as the fast downfield receiver.

The tough one to replace is Lewis. Burkhead had moments of excellence last year, but BB wanted Lewis to play the "hard to find, little guy" role and literally shelved Burked and Mike Gillislee. No one has explained why Gillislee spent so much time on the bench or inactive last year after scoring five TDs in the first two games..............

Belichick has 5 draft picks in the first three rounds of the 2018 draft. he has a chance to to really infuse some youth into the Patriots and build on the young players already on the roster. The general consensus is that he'll grab an edge rusher like Sam Hubbard or Malik Jefferson, then look to find a big CB who can work into the lineup by mid season while learning from Gilmore and Rowe. With his third pick he grab one of three QBs who these guys think will still be available, Lamar jackson, Kyle Lauletta or Falk. Then he'll take a big safety and end the five with ILB unless one of the premier OL falls for some unexplained reason.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a busy Sunday in Foxboro, MA

Eric Decked retires

Patriots cut S Eddie Pleasant.

Belichick certainly knows a lot more than I do, but I would have cut Jason McCourty or Jordan Richards.

Someone has to have pictures.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Andrew Callahan

[email protected]

FOXBOROUGH -- Three mystery players participated in Patriots practice Monday, each donning jersey numbers not found on the team's official roster.

Returned from practice and stepping into the locker room, the mystery of their identities was quickly solved.

Running backs Kenneth Farrow, Khalfani Muhammad and wideout K.J. Maye have each been given lockers at Gillette Stadium following three recent player releases. Wide receivers Eric Decker and Kenny Britt were let go within the last few days, and safety Eddie Pleasant was cut Sunday. New England's recent additions are likely to temporarily offset the team's lack of depth at those positions heading into Thursday's preseason finale at the New York Giants.

Drafted by the Titans as a seventh-round pick in 2017, the 5-foot-7 Muhammad spent most of his rookie year on the team's practice squad. The 23-year-old was cut by the team on May 1.

An undrafted rookie in 2016, Farrow rushed 60 times for 192 yards with the Los Angeles Chargers. Last season, he landed on injured reserve due to an ankle injury. The Chargers released him in April, and the Patriots are the first team to sign him since then.

Maye was out of football last season after going undrafted in 2016. He appeared in Patriots camp last summer. The Minnesota product was cut last Sept. 2.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Andrew Callahan

[email protected]

FOXBOROUGH -- Three mystery players participated in Patriots practice Monday, each donning jersey numbers not found on the team's official roster.

Returned from practice and stepping into the locker room, the mystery of their identities was quickly solved.

Running backs Kenneth Farrow, Khalfani Muhammad and wideout K.J. Maye have each been given lockers at Gillette Stadium following three recent player releases. Wide receivers Eric Decker and Kenny Britt were let go within the last few days, and safety Eddie Pleasant was cut Sunday. New England's recent additions are likely to temporarily offset the team's lack of depth at those positions heading into Thursday's preseason finale at the New York Giants.

Drafted by the Titans as a seventh-round pick in 2017, the 5-foot-7 Muhammad spent most of his rookie year on the team's practice squad. The 23-year-old was cut by the team on May 1.

An undrafted rookie in 2016, Farrow rushed 60 times for 192 yards with the Los Angeles Chargers. Last season, he landed on injured reserve due to an ankle injury. The Chargers released him in April, and the Patriots are the first team to sign him since then.

Maye was out of football last season after going undrafted in 2016. He appeared in Patriots camp last summer. The Minnesota product was cut last Sept. 2.

Maye was not cut for non-performance. That said, He will have a hard time making the team?

This will continue......