• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Signings & Roster Moves

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waddle has the tools you look for in a LT and was probably the most talented OT left on the market...the biggest issue with him is he's been banged up a ton.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody here think there is even the remotest chance that Cyrus Jones can end up being a good corner?

Haven't got a clue.

Worst case scenario?
Cyrus has a great pre-season and then screws the pooch in game 1, ending up wasting a roster spot.
Can't somebody hire a head mechanic?

crazy-guy-large.jpg

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cyrus Jones will get a chance to compete this camp. We are not even sure if John Jones will be ready for the start of camp. I like the depth we have, maybe he takes more reps at S, didn't they try him out there before he got hurt? Gill, Rowe, JMC, Jones, Jones....not to bad. I still think NE drafts a CB this draft..

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cyrus Jones will get a chance to compete this camp. We are not even sure if John Jones will be ready for the start of camp. I like the depth we have, maybe he takes more reps at S, didn't they try him out there before he got hurt? Gill, Rowe, JMC, Jones, Jones....not to bad. I still think NE drafts a CB this draft..
Cyrus just needs to go away. I'm not sure he could cover me? Then again I'm a short shifty white guy.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cyrus just needs to go away. I'm not sure he could cover me? Then again I'm a short shifty white guy.

Well, we need a Danny Amendola replacement. What’s your shuttle/cone time?

Jones has had several opportunities to show what he has. What he has just doesn’t cut it. Hopefully he shines in camp and preseason. Otherwise cut him.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we need a Danny Amendola replacement. What’s your shuttle/cone time?

Jones has had several opportunities to show what he has. What he has just doesn’t cut it. Hopefully he shines in camp and preseason. Otherwise cut him.
I'm getting a little long in the tooth so this is likely my last contract. I'm shopping my wears, NE won't pony up the $ to retain my skills.

Last time I ran a cone drill I needed a shave when I was done.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cyrus sucked at safety. Let him play corner this spring.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ will compete with Cordelle for the return job. If he can't beat him out, he's gone. I think Patterson will shine in camp and actually be used at WR.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ will compete with Cordelle for the return job. If he can't beat him out, he's gone. I think Patterson will shine in camp and actually be used at WR.

Lots of teams have said this very same thing. Patterson just isn't a willing WR. He will go deep every once in a while but otherwise pretty much the only passes he catches are screens.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fast guy can make a lot of hay with screens.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of teams have said this very same thing. Patterson just isn't a willing WR. He will go deep every once in a while but otherwise pretty much the only passes he catches are screens.
Luckily for NE he'll be the 4th or 5th WR. If he doesn't want to run his routes he'll find himself sitting. He'll only hurt himself. If he chooses to run his routes it's been proven TB 12 will get you the ball along with a new paycheck and possible ring. His choice.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson hasn't had good coaching or QBs in the NFL. That's all going to change.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really agree with that sentiment...he may not have had Brady and the Pats coaches, but for the most part he's had decent coaches and QB's to work with except for his rookie year. He's 27 years old and has 5 NFL seasons under his belt...he pretty much is what he is at this point. The good news is what he is is something this team can really use which is a KO returner that can legitmately impact the game and the ability to score any time the ball is in his hands. No OC in the league is better at playing to his players' strengths than McD so there will be some specific plays to utilize what Patterson does well, but you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think all of the sudden he's going to turn into an elite WR because he's had magic Patriot dust sprinkled on him.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW Patterson's only ever returned a punt one time in his career, so there's a decent chance you'll see JE11 back there again. Unless Vyrus finally figures things out.
@MikeReiss
1h1 hour ago

Cordarrelle Patterson only has one punt return (and one fair catch) in his five years in the NFL, but Bill Belichick said the Patriots will explore that possibility with him as team-building process evolves in spring.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily for NE he'll be the 4th or 5th WR. If he doesn't want to run his routes he'll find himself sitting. He'll only hurt himself. If he chooses to run his routes it's been proven TB 12 will get you the ball along with a new paycheck and possible ring. His choice.

Rarely do we see a receiver especially change his ways at this point in their career. He just doesn't want to take hits. He is unwilling to run routes that would possibly get him hit. The Pats though didn't really give up much to get him so very low risk obviously with this signing I just don't see this one panning out in a big way for the Pats.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson hasn't had good coaching or QBs in the NFL. That's all going to change.

While he hasn't had the greatest QB's in NFL history he has had some decent ones. Derek Carr for the Raiders has had his moments for sure. Teddy Bridgewater is a consistent QB and Sam Bradford when healthy can get the ball to a player. He won't go out and light up the scoreboard but he is one of the more accurate QB's in the NFL.

Heck his best season though actually came with his worst QB in Christian Ponder back in 2013. As far as coaching goes I would call Mike Zimmer a pretty darn good coach in the NFL.