• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Opponents Finalized

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home: Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Patriots, Chiefs, Chargers, Falcons, Panthers
Away: Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Jaguars, Raiders, Broncos, Saints, Buccaneers

Seems like the same schedule as this year. Obviously the division games are the same, but we play the Patriots, Jaguars and Chiefs again next year. Playing the NFC South might be tough next year.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home: Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Patriots, Chiefs, Chargers, Falcons, Panthers
Away: Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Jaguars, Raiders, Broncos, Saints, Buccaneers

Seems like the same schedule as this year. Obviously the division games are the same, but we play the Patriots, Jaguars and Chiefs again next year. Playing the NFC South might be tough next year.

If Ben plays - 11-13 wins.

If Ben retires - 6-9 wins.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!

I figured they'd probably get a real qb if Ben retired..... Maybe they'd end up with AJ McCarron.

Anybody would be better than Dirty Laundry Jones.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ben retires, we aren't making the playoffs for a long time. Especially if Landry Jones is our starting QB. I can't understand how the Steelers coaches are confident in the abilities of Landry Jones. I just...I don't get it. If Dobbs isn't the answer either, we NEED to draft the QB of the future this year. With that said, the only guaranteed way I see Ben retiring is if we win the Super Bowl this year.

If Ben plays, I can see anywhere from 10-13 wins. Counting for losses against at least the Patriots, Ravens and Bengals because, aside from this year, you can usually count on losses in Baltimore and Cincinnati. Tough but winnable games would be against Jacksonville, Atlanta and New Orleans.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to wait & see how the offseason shakes out before I can "envision" any sort of win total. Ben, Bell, Bryant could all be gone. Bryant via trade is a likely scenario. But if they try to resign Bell it will come at the cost of a few people. Praying one of those names is Mike Mitchell lol. But cutting people like Gilbert & Foster could save them close to half of what they need to sign Bell. They have viable & arguably cheaper replacements waiting in Hubbard & Finney. I have a feeling that Hubbard will be gone though since his 4-6 games this year proved he was more than capable of handling a starting role which will have numerous teams calling.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pieced together from leaked information on social media.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018 Season Schedule | Pittsburgh Steelers

1PM - @ Cleveland
1PM - vs. Kansas City
8:15PM - @ Tampa Bay (Monday Night)
8:20PM - vs. Baltimore (Sunday Night)
1PM - vs. Atlanta
1PM - @ Cincinnati
BYE WEEK
1PM - vs. Browns
1PM - @ Baltimore
8:20PM - vs. Carolina (Thursday Night)
8:20PM - @ Jacksonville (Sunday Night)
4:25PM - @ Denver
1PM - vs. LA Chargers
8:20PM - @ Oakland (Sunday Night)
4:25PM - vs. New England
4:25PM - @ New Orleans
1PM - vs. Cincinnati

Looking at this schedule, I can see anywhere between 9 and 11 wins. Tricky games include the obvious ones against New England and Jacksonville (can't believe I said that), but also Atlanta, Carolina and New Orleans. We could easily have 5 losses just in those games. I always count at least 2 losses against Baltimore and Cincinnati just to be on the safe side.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what I believe was our tradition @ATL96Steeler of breaking the season into quarters:

1st Quarter:
1PM - @ Cleveland
1PM - vs. Kansas City
8:15PM - @ Tampa Bay (Monday Night)
8:20PM - vs. Baltimore (Sunday Night)

Thoughts: Steelers lucked out with a soft opening quarter to their schedule. Cleveland could surprise us with all the new firepower, but I think they'll take a game or 2 before they get in sync. Steelers should be ready to punch them in the mouth. Chiefs have a new QB to break in & their defense doesn't look as strong so I'm not as concerned about them yet. The TB game looks like a classic Tomlin trap game. They aren't a bad team, but of course the Steelers should be favored to win by 6-7 points. Being on the road I could see a slip up there. The Baltimore games always concern me. I'll take the Steelers at home in that game.

Take:
3-1 here is optimal, but 2-2 is a fair reality. I'll take the 3-1 even if I'm not overly confident.

2nd Quarter:
1PM - vs. Atlanta
1PM - @ Cincinnati
BYE WEEK
1PM - vs. Browns
1PM - @ Baltimore

Thoughts: Hoping the Steelers will be riding some momentum coming out the the bye week. Atlanta is a good home draw. Would be more concerned about them on the road, but at home it should be the Steelers game. Not sure what to think of Cincy yet, but I'm not worried. The next Cleveland matchup at home looks potent on paper. If Cleveland's offseason investments start paying dividends, then this game could bite us. I usually split the games with Baltimore, so I'll take a loss on the road.

Take: Going to take a 3-1 here. Banking on the bye week helping out.

3rd Quarter:
8:20PM - vs. Carolina (Thursday Night)
8:20PM - @ Jacksonville (Sunday Night)
4:25PM - @ Denver
1PM - vs. LA Chargers

Thoughts: Yeesh. Coming off the road game at Balt will be a 4 day rest before Carolina comes into town. Not looking forward to that. Thankfully its a home game. Jags on the road will be brutal. Steelers play up to their competition, but I don't see that defense giving up 42 points to us again, especially not on their home turf. Steelers have never been very good at Mile High. Denver is a reeling team searching for identity. Sometimes those are the dangerous ones. Chargers defense is rising, and their offense is more than capable. Should be an interesting game.

Take: Another 3-1. Loss going to Jax. Steelers should be too much for the other teams to handle.

4th Quarter:
8:20PM - @ Oakland (Sunday Night)
4:25PM - vs. New England
4:25PM - @ New Orleans
1PM - vs. Cincinnati

Thoughts: Tough stretch of games to close out the season. Steelers are notoriously bad when traveling long distances so the Oakland game could give them problems. New England game with playoff implications... Sound familiar? Steelers need to find a way even though they rarely do against NE. Going to go out on a limb and say the Steelers get it done this year. After all that emotion they'll fall back to reality at New Orleans.

Take: Going with losses to OAK & NO here. The Saints game is going to be a reality check after an emotional NE game. Something tells me the Steelers may stumble into the playoffs this season. 2-2.

Overall: Going with 11-5, although I could easily see this being a 10 win season. Going up against 6 playoff teams should make things interesting. I hope 10-11 wins is enough to win the AFCN division. Regardless, this is a much tougher path to the playoffs. Should be some great games though! 5 primetime games. 11 out of 16 games are afternoon or later games, so that's a plus!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what I believe was our tradition @ATL96Steeler of breaking the season into quarters:

Overall: Going with 11-5, although I could easily see this being a 10 win season. Going up against 6 playoff teams should make things interesting. I hope 10-11 wins is enough to win the AFCN division. Regardless, this is a much tougher path to the playoffs. Should be some great games though! 5 primetime games. 11 out of 16 games are afternoon or later games, so that's a plus!

Good work sir!

Taking a stab at this myself.

1Q...3-1, at worst. I think 4-0 is a real possibility...agree @ TB is one to be concerned about fortunately it's a MNF game and Tomlin has a fair record in primetime. Of course we know BAL will be itching to erase that sweep from LY.

2Q...3-1, pretty much a mid season bye so they got a good draw there...interesting they close out the series with CLE and BAL so early...nice to get both after the bye....ATL will be a tough out even on the road...imo OG play needs to improve big time in ATL...the Steeler interior DL need to shine in this one. Would love another sweep over the Ravens, but I put the 2Q loss @ BAL as well but really hoping for another sweep of that team.

Since they play all of them in this Qtr...a quick look at the DIV.

BAL...Reportedly the last season for Ozzie which is a little unusual, taking a lame duck GM into the offseason and draft...you have to wonder how much power he really has now. The Ravens will bounce back...bounce back to what, I'm not sure yet because that OFC still looks , but we know they will field a competitive team somehow.

CLE...We know the Browns are not going to stay in the dumpster forever. Teams that take them lightly or don't come prepared will pay a price, but I still don't see them going north of 6 wins...just hope PIT is not one of the Ws.

CIN...idk what to think about them yet...probably 80% of the teams in the league would've let Lewis go after his last 3 seasons. Talent has never really been the problem imo (maybe QB at times) but they need to get some DEF playmakers on the front 7 now to help Gino...is Billings a bust? On OFC, are they set on the OL? Who steps up opposite AJ? More questions than answers.

3Q...2-2...I'm not that comfortable with this stretch. The good, we're going to find out what kind of team we really have. Especially the OFC, facing 4 pretty good DEFs.

4Q...2-2...I feel like they will sweep CIN again, but Saints will be tough in the Dome and of course NE (who I think will always be a tough out for Tomlin)...not sure what OAK will be yet, but I wouldn't be surprised at 3-1 or 1-3 over this last 4 so I'll match up with you and say .500

Summary...that plays out to 10-6 which I think might need some tie breakers to fall their way to win the DIV, but I expect them to be in the dance again. If Bostic and Burnett integrate well early, I can see them winning 11 or 12, but 10-6 with this schedule will be as good a performance as LY imo.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good work sir!

Taking a stab at this myself.

1Q...3-1, at worst. I think 4-0 is a real possibility...agree @ TB is one to be concerned about fortunately it's a MNF game and Tomlin has a fair record in primetime. Of course we know BAL will be itching to erase that sweep from LY.

2Q...3-1, pretty much a mid season bye so they got a good draw there...interesting they close out the series with CLE and BAL so early...nice to get both after the bye....ATL will be a tough out even on the road...imo OG play needs to improve big time in ATL...the Steeler interior DL need to shine in this one. Would love another sweep over the Ravens, but I put the 2Q loss @ BAL as well but really hoping for another sweep of that team.

Since they play all of them in this Qtr...a quick look at the DIV.

BAL...Reportedly the last season for Ozzie which is a little unusual, taking a lame duck GM into the offseason and draft...you have to wonder how much power he really has now. The Ravens will bounce back...bounce back to what, I'm not sure yet because that OFC still looks , but we know they will field a competitive team somehow.

CLE...We know the Browns are not going to stay in the dumpster forever. Teams that take them lightly or don't come prepared will pay a price, but I still don't see them going north of 6 wins...just hope PIT is not one of the Ws.

CIN...idk what to think about them yet...probably 80% of the teams in the league would've let Lewis go after his last 3 seasons. Talent has never really been the problem imo (maybe QB at times) but they need to get some DEF playmakers on the front 7 now to help Gino...is Billings a bust? On OFC, are they set on the OL? Who steps up opposite AJ? More questions than answers.

3Q...2-2...I'm not that comfortable with this stretch. The good, we're going to find out what kind of team we really have. Especially the OFC, facing 4 pretty good DEFs.

4Q...2-2...I feel like they will sweep CIN again, but Saints will be tough in the Dome and of course NE (who I think will always be a tough out for Tomlin)...not sure what OAK will be yet, but I wouldn't be surprised at 3-1 or 1-3 over this last 4 so I'll match up with you and say .500

Summary...that plays out to 10-6 which I think might need some tie breakers to fall their way to win the DIV, but I expect them to be in the dance again. If Bostic and Burnett integrate well early, I can see them winning 11 or 12, but 10-6 with this schedule will be as good a performance as LY imo.
Great work ATL!

Good point on the divisional matchups early. 5 out of the first 8 games are AFCN matchups. They better get off to a good start this season (which has been a tough thing for Tomlin lately) or they could dig themselves a hole. This got me thinking about Fichtner's new offense & Bell's holdout. If Bell sits out of camp he will be severely behind with the new offense. Not good. If Conner comes out of camp healthy then I'd expect him to carry the load in the first couple games.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Skewed based off of last year's records... So obviously Cleveland obscures that 1st half strength of schedule a lot.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sigh...hate to be the debbie downer, fellers, but i sense a 9-7 season on the horizon, and we'll BARELY get into the playoffs, get dumped on our heads again by jacksonville or new england.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sigh...hate to be the debbie downer, fellers, but i sense a 9-7 season on the horizon, and we'll BARELY get into the playoffs, get dumped on our heads again by jacksonville or new england.
Can somebody get Debbie here a cup of ShutTheHellUp?

Jk... but seriously maybe a beer? It’s the weekend, get outta here with your negativity! :heh:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can somebody get Debbie here a cup of ShutTheHellUp?

Jk... but seriously maybe a beer? It’s the weekend, get outta here with your negativity! :heh:

hey, how can i expect any better when we STILL HAVE THE SAME FUCKING BANNER ON THIS GODDAMNED PAGE??...*ahem*...someone please update the banner. please.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, how can i expect any better when we STILL HAVE THE SAME FUCKING BANNER ON THIS GODDAMNED PAGE??...*ahem*...someone please update the banner. please.
Our brother @Psych-Ward is hot on the trail... he already posted a rough draft in the banner thread