• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NFL Draft

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we drafted two last year, but one didn't make the team and the other never played a snap. If they have a shot at McGlinchey or someone else they project as an early starter, they should take it, IMO. I don't believe in forcing positions, either, but that's a premium position that's hard to fill. I'd rather have one OT too many than one too few.

As someone wisely once said, value in the draft is the intersection of need and talent... so when tasked with projecting what positions I think they'd take, I think those are four positions where a need exists (or soon will exist) and the talent in the ranges of where they'll be picking will be there.
I can agree with that, if there is a potential bad ass OT at 23 I can see taking him, but if it's a guy you feel may be there at 31 then I feel the need for DE is greater. It comes down to Who When Where.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#23 - Edge/DE
#31 - ILB
#43 - QB
#63 - CB

My gut is telling me that BB will trade out of #23 for a very high second round, a third and a fifth round pick.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he'll still get every player he would have gotten with the original four picks.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#23 - Edge/DE
#31 - ILB
#43 - QB
#63 - CB

My gut is telling me that BB will trade out of #23 for a very high second round, a third and a fifth round pick.
Well that certainly would not surprise me, the Pats are prone to make moves that create depth. The ILB pick is one I am curious about, I feel the need but that seems early.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Draft Rumors: Patriots Bringing In Running Back, Pass Rushers For Visits
by Doug Kyed on Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 1:02PM

LSU running back Derrius Guice All NFL teams are allowed 30 official visits with non-local prospects before the 2018 NFL Draft.

We know of seven of the Patriots’ 30 visitors, based on reports. The latest to leak out are LSU running Derrius Guice, per DraftAnalyst.com’s Tony Pauline, Florida State edge defender Josh Sweat, per FanRagSports.com’s Jon Ledyard, and Wake Forest defensive end Duke Ejiofor, per the Houston Chronicle’s Aaron Wilson.

The other reported pre-draft visitors to Gillette Stadium are Texas A&M wide receiver Christian Kirk, Maryland wide receiver DJ Moore, Alabama linebacker Rashaan Evans and Florida cornerback Duke Dawson.

Guice, who’s 5-foot-11, 224 pounds, is projected to be taken in the first or second round of the 2018 NFL Draft. He ran a 4.49-second 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine. He carried the ball 237 times for 1,251 yards with 11 touchdowns as a junior in 2017.

Sweat, who’s 6-foot-5, 251 pounds, played defensive end in college but could project to outside linebacker in the NFL. He’s an elite athlete who ran a 4.51-second 40-yard dash with a 4.28-second short shuttle, 39.5-inch vertical leap, 10-foot, 4-inch broad jump and 6.95-second 3-cone. He had 12.5 sacks over his last two seasons. He’s a projected fourth-rounder.

Ejiofor, a projected second- or third-round pick, has prototypical size for a Patriots defensive end at 6-foot-3, 264 pounds. He didn’t work out at the combine or his pro day because of a shoulder injury. He had 17.5 sacks and 34 tackles for loss over his last two college seasons.

The Patriots have two first-round picks, two second-round selections, a third-round pick, two sixth-rounders and a seventh-rounder.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#23 - Edge/DE
#31 - ILB
#43 - QB
#63 - CB

Or another first next year, and a combo of picks this year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went out tonight to my grandson's basketball practice and there were a couple of football nut fathers who were there and were talking about the draft. These guys live, drink, eat and have sex around their fantasy football and NFL games on Thursday, Sunday and Monday. These are the kind of guys that can tell you what every player's favorite shoelace color is...................Anyway........a fun night.

They believe that Belichick will keep the picks.

#23....RB.....Guice if he's available, if not DE Sam Hubbard OSU
#31 If not Hubbard, Harold Landry DE Boston College.

After that it's a turkey shoot.They believe that Belichick will get one those 3 at #23 and if they don't get both Guice and Hubbard or Landry, that BB will pull the trigger on Lamar Jackson.

I wish I had a six pack and I drank beer.....it was a hoot. Thing is, these guys are dead serious.I tried to talk them into joining us on SportsHoopla.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went out tonight to my grandson's basketball practice and there were a couple of football nut fathers who were there and were talking about the draft. These guys live, drink, eat and have sex around their fantasy football and NFL games on Thursday, Sunday and Monday. These are the kind of guys that can tell you what every player's favorite shoelace color is...................Anyway........a fun night.

After that it's a turkey shoot.They believe that Belichick will get one those 3 at #23 and if they don't get both Guice and Hubbard or Landry, that BB will pull the trigger on Lamar Jackson.

I wish I had a six pack and I drank beer.....it was a hoot. Thing is, these guys are dead serious.I tried to talk them into joining us on SportsHoopla.
Landry isn't supposed to last that long.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Draft Rumors: Patriots Bringing In Running Back, Pass Rushers For Visits
by Doug Kyed on Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 1:02PM

LSU running back Derrius Guice All NFL teams are allowed 30 official visits with non-local prospects before the 2018 NFL Draft.

We know of seven of the Patriots’ 30 visitors, based on reports. The latest to leak out are LSU running Derrius Guice, per DraftAnalyst.com’s Tony Pauline, Florida State edge defender Josh Sweat, per FanRagSports.com’s Jon Ledyard, and Wake Forest defensive end Duke Ejiofor, per the Houston Chronicle’s Aaron Wilson.

The other reported pre-draft visitors to Gillette Stadium are Texas A&M wide receiver Christian Kirk, Maryland wide receiver DJ Moore, Alabama linebacker Rashaan Evans and Florida cornerback Duke Dawson.

Guice, who’s 5-foot-11, 224 pounds, is projected to be taken in the first or second round of the 2018 NFL Draft. He ran a 4.49-second 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine. He carried the ball 237 times for 1,251 yards with 11 touchdowns as a junior in 2017.

Sweat, who’s 6-foot-5, 251 pounds, played defensive end in college but could project to outside linebacker in the NFL. He’s an elite athlete who ran a 4.51-second 40-yard dash with a 4.28-second short shuttle, 39.5-inch vertical leap, 10-foot, 4-inch broad jump and 6.95-second 3-cone. He had 12.5 sacks over his last two seasons. He’s a projected fourth-rounder.

Ejiofor, a projected second- or third-round pick, has prototypical size for a Patriots defensive end at 6-foot-3, 264 pounds. He didn’t work out at the combine or his pro day because of a shoulder injury. He had 17.5 sacks and 34 tackles for loss over his last two college seasons.

The Patriots have two first-round picks, two second-round selections, a third-round pick, two sixth-rounders and a seventh-rounder.
I would be happy if NE comes away from the draft with Guise and Sweat. I really like Guise and think he could be the steal of the draft. I just hope BB doesn't reach for either.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lamar is expected to go top-15 in the draft so the odds of him falling to 23 or 31 would be tough to see. Too many QB needy teams.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar is expected to go top-15 in the draft so the odds of him falling to 23 or 31 would be tough to see. Too many QB needy teams.

You're probably right, but these guys offer a crazy but thoughtful night. Jackson is one of those guys who could slide if one team gets out of the sandbox and starts a run on another position. There are teams who are afraid of guys like him who will run on instinct rather than hang in the pocket and try to make a pass play work.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO what we need in order:

1-LB
2-CB
3-QB
4-DT
5-OT

However, if McGlinchey falls to 23 and BB picked him, I would not be mad about. If there was a run on QB and BB took Rudolph at 23, I would not be mad. I would hate to have BB trade out of 23 like BigKen said, that would suck. Unless they came with a truck full of picks, and I mean multiple early 2nd rd picks. We need to add young, good talent on this team. I think BB has his QB set for RD 2 and it will shock us all, LOL.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta ask folks...

1-Would you be cool if NE packaged both 1's to move up for a QB if the one they want is there?
2-Would you be cool with NE taking Mason Rudolph at 23 as long as at 31 they went defense?

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta ask folks...

1-Would you be cool if NE packaged both 1's to move up for a QB if the one they want is there?
2-Would you be cool with NE taking Mason Rudolph at 23 as long as at 31 they went defense?

I wouldn’t like them trading both first to move up. With the picks being later 1st I doubt they can move up very far. Would probably have to offer more. No thanks.

Taking Rudolph would be ok. But I think I’d rather use our two first round picks on other needs and go Kyle Lauletta with our early 2nd(if he is still there).

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree. The value of guys they can get due to the run on QB's should be pretty damn good. I'm still leaning towards LB at 23. It a pos of need right now.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. No. I think they need to go OLT or Edge Rusher (Hubbard) with 23.
2. He has the size and strength. Rumors are that the Bengals will take him in the first round. They've been to his workouts and pro-day and had him in for an extended workout and interview.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. No. Get a QB later if Lauletta is available in the 2nd take him. Otherwise find a project later on. When the time comes to replace Brady If they haven't found a new QB get one in FA.
2. See # 1. We need D with these two picks. Offense isn't the issue. Sure would love to find TBs replacement but there are no guarentees 1st of 6th round.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we drafted Garappolo, I wanted Carr. There were other QB's that many of us liked but BB declined and most have not fared so well.

Who is hiding down the board that BB likes? Garappolo was not on my radar. Are we missing somebody?????
Got anybody that's not top ten?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we drafted Garappolo, I wanted Carr. There were other QB's that many of us liked but BB declined and most have not fared so well.

Who is hiding down the board that BB likes? Garappolo was not on my radar. Are we missing somebody?????
Got anybody that's not top ten?
Luke Falk WSU. Kyle Lauletta Richmond, these two could go anywhere from the 2nd to the 4th round IMO. Tanner Lee Nebraska is quite Brady like a pocket passer with good accuracy who lacks mobility could be a 4th to 7th round pick would be a nice flier if he's there in the 6th.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure BB has a guy all lined up and knows where he will take him. We just don't know who that is. LOL.