• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can distract the real question as much as you want--- if you asked Brad Stevens, or any other coach in the NBA- that if 3 out of the last 4 year All Star Al Horford was a support player- what do you think he would say to you? I mean after he slapped you? lol.

He would say:

Your assessment of Al Horford is exactly right.

Because Horford's value is in the intangibles and the well rounded skill set he provides on both ends. He is immensely valuable, more so than you are even willing to give him credit for.

But, he is not and will never be a go to player. Which means he plays a support role. Which means he is a support player. # of all star appearances doesn't change that. Draymond Green is a support player also. A ridiculously good one, but a support player none the less.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can distract the real question as much as you want--- if you asked Brad Stevens, or any other coach in the NBA- that if 3 out of the last 4 year All Star Al Horford was a support player- what do you think he would say to you? I mean after he slapped you? lol.

Again, you don't think it's a bit easier to make the all star game in the East? Considering most of the top players are out West now (and that's not including Lebron who's been in the East until this upcoming season).

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would say:

Your assessment of Al Horford is exactly right.

Because Horford's value is in the intangibles and the well rounded skill set he provides on both ends. He is immensely valuable, more so than you are even willing to give him credit for.

But, he is not and will never be a go to player. Which means he plays a support role. Which means he is a support player. # of all star appearances doesn't change that. Draymond Green is a support player also. A ridiculously good one, but a support player none the less.

I’d put Bosh in the same category, but slightly higher and I think he’s a 11 time all star.
The max contracts in the NBA keep people from seeing what true values are of players.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d put Bosh in the same category, but slightly higher and I think he’s a 11 time all star.
The max contracts in the NBA keep people from seeing what true values are of players.
Al Horford was arguably the best player on a team that won 60 games and got to the Conference Finals- and was arguably the best player on a celtics playoff team that got to game 7 of the ECF.......Bosh was the leader of a team that got to the playoffs in Toronto and is a hall of famer. they have 15 all star appearances between the two.

you guys are delusional calling either "support" players.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al Horford was arguably the best player on a team that won 60 games and got to the Conference Finals- and was arguably the best player on a celtics playoff team that got to game 7 of the ECF.......Bosh was the leader of a team that got to the playoffs in Toronto and is a hall of famer. they have 15 all star appearances between the two.

So you consider Horford a star?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All of that is true, aside from the last line.

Bosh was not a support player in Toronto. But he defintely was in Miami.

You don't agree with everyone else's definition of the term. That is clear. But you are the ONLY one who has posted here that doesn't agree. And it is fine that you don't agree.

But, you calling EVERYBODY else stupid is pretty hilarious. In fact, one might say there is a word for it. It starts with "st" and rhymes with "Cupid".

You are too hung up on the accolades of the players in question to actually look at the role they played on their teams.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you consider Horford a star?

What he doesn't grasp is that being a "support player" has little to do with how good you are. It is more about how good your teammates are and your role.

For example, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson are both among the 10 greatest players of all time. But, on the Dream Team, they were both support players.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You keep ignoring this - the last few years, all of the top players have been in the Western conference. The all star voting is separated by conference. It's highly likely that if Horford played out West, he doesn't even make the all star game.

Horford's a good player, but he's hardly a star in the league.

And as @tlance pointed out, Bosh is an 11-time all star and future HOF. But on the Heat for 4 years while Lebron was on the team, he was more of a supporting cast player when it came down to it. Wade and Lebron were more of the focal point stars.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he doesn't grasp is that being a "support player" has little to do with how good you are. It is more about how good your teammates are and your role.

For example, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson are both among the 10 greatest players of all time. But, on the Dream Team, they were both support players.

Everyone knows the biggest star on the Dream Team was Christian Laettner.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would HOPE that Kobe fans would have given up on that by now.

You and me both. lol

I think that, for the most part, the Kobe Kids have given up on that. But there are still a few around that think that way. Had a small debate about that with one the other day (you could tell he was a Kobe Kid because he was in his late 30's and wearing Kobe's Lower Merion high school jersey lol).

They're mostly ignored anymore because their argument basically boils down to..."Kobe has more rings" (which as always been a tiebreaker, not a main stat) and "Kobe had much more of a 'killer instinct' which was true at one point, but no longer really is (at least not since probably year 2 in Miami).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of that is true, aside from the last line.

Bosh was not a support player in Toronto. But he defintely was in Miami.

You don't agree with everyone else's definition of the term. That is clear. But you are the ONLY one who has posted here that doesn't agree. And it is fine that you don't agree.

But, you calling EVERYBODY else stupid is pretty hilarious. In fact, one might say there is a word for it. It starts with "st" and rhymes with "Cupid".

You are too hung up on the accolades of the players in question to actually look at the role they played on their teams.

Exactly. Players roles can be defined/change based on the team they are on and the players they play with.

Bosh in Toronto...star.

Bosh in Miami...support player.

Love in Minnesota...star.

Love in Cleveland with Lebron and Kyrie...support player.

Draymond on the Warriors...support player.

Draymond just about every where else in the league...star.

Heck, James Worthy is in the Hall of Fame and considered among the 50 greatest players of all time. But on the Showtime Lakers....you could make a case that he was more of a support player (especially early in his career) because of Magic and Kareem.

It can also change as a player gets older. Using the same Showtime Lakers team...Kareem from 1980 to about 1985...star. Kareem from about 1985 until he retired, probably more of a support player (as hard as that is to wrap ones head around). In fact, I'd say that about 1986 season, he and Worthy kind of switched roles.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What were his stats in the road games?
Stars arent limited to only playing well at home.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwyane Wade's Wife Gabrielle Union Posts Provocative Photo, D-Wade And Jimmy Butler Respond

giphy.gif

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not the best analogy as those guys were I believe 73 years old then, but I get your point