• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DkwFK57U8AApuXS.jpg:large

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is absolutely hilarious Wiggy is digging his heels in on this.

Remember a couple months ago when we were talking Kawhi trade scenarios?

Wiggy wanted Boston to send Horford and picks because he was the least valuable of the Celtics main players. I said the better player to deal was Kyrie because of Horford's fit, Kyrie's injury history and the possibility of him leaving next summer.

Wiggy never ceases to amaze how quickly he can change tune. Priceless.
I am pretty sure that if you talked to Brad Stevens or Quinn Snyder or Mike Budenhozler or any number of coaches or gm's in the league and told them Al Horford was a support player they would look at you like you you were an absolute fool.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure that if you talked to Brad Stevens or Quinn Snyder or Mike Budenhozler or any number of coaches or gm's in the league and told them Al Horford was a support player they would look at you like you you were an absolute fool.

is he a star?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I might call him a really good player, and yes I would want Boston to trade Al Horford and some picks for Kawhi Leonard as well. It would be worth the picks to dump what is a contract to a player that is Over Paid. He does has a good set of skills and as a number 2 or 3rd option would be the glue that holds the team together.

Now we have to get real here. No gm in his right mind would take that trade. Horford has two more years on his contract with the third being a player option. We already know he will opt in for that kind of money. He is 32 years old while Leonard is 27 years old. So that was about as possible as a snowball's chance in Death Valley in 120 degree weather. That was never an option in my opinion. While we are it, I'd like some one to take Deng for the picks the Lakers got this year in the draft. That's my fantasy

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you're saying that Al Horford is a star then?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again,

you are way too caught up in semantics. You can't even see that I actually value Horford more than you do.

That still doesn't make him a star. And if you aren't a star, you are a support player. Horford is one of the very best.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Celts think they can beat the Cavs by giving horford a ton of touches i will be overjoyed as will the cavs

Hey. I just watched my Cavs play Horford in 7 games. Tristan Thompson effectively negated him once Lue used his brain.

I know Tristan Thompson or some other bit role player cant negate Kyrie Irving.

Horford is a marginal all star talent. Kyrie has top 10 ability. Again- I take the high end talent every single time and dont think twice about it.

@WiggyRuss @tlance @trojanfan12

#wiggybeingwiggy

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well they have been matched up in the playoffs quite a few times and Horford has gotten his ass scorched- but maybe the third time around it will be different.

its just matchups if you ask me

Theiss doesnt have a prayer of guarding Love on the perimeter or over and under a bunch of screens.

Horford cant do that either- hes not quick enough to guard both inside and outside- and go around a bunch of screens that Korver and Love are doing.

you think Horford is versatile enough to guard Love on the perimeter?

I have seen the answer to that question.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats true- TT beat the shit out of Horford a couple years ago and did very well against him this last time to. He is a really bad matchup for Horford. Where is the quote where i said tt was horford krpytonite?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats true- TT beat the shit out of Horford a couple years ago and did very well against him this last time to. He is a really bad matchup for Horford. Where is the quote where i said tt was horford krpytonite?

all of that is absolutely true-- horford IS a marginal all star talent- hes one of the last guys on teh team--- but to call a guy who has been on 3 of the last 4 all star games- and was arguably the best player on a team that won 2 playoff series and go to Game 7 of the Conference Finals is idiocy at its finest.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again,

you are way too caught up in semantics. You can't even see that I actually value Horford more than you do.

That still doesn't make him a star. And if you aren't a star, you are a support player. Horford is one of the very best.
as i said- if you told Brad Stevens you thought Al Horford was a support player- hed laugh at you- as would every coach and gm in the league.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i said- if you told Brad Stevens you thought Al Horford was a support player- hed laugh at you- as would every coach and gm in the league.

Not once I contextualized my rationale. Because my assessment of Horford is spot on.

You on the other hand?

I am quite certain every coach and GM would LOL at you. Just like most posters do. Because your assessment changes depending on your agenda.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not once I contextualized my rationale. Because my assessment of Horford is spot on.

You on the other hand?

I am quite certain every coach and GM would LOL at you. Just like most posters do. Because your assessment changes depending on your agenda.
you can distract the real question as much as you want--- if you asked Brad Stevens, or any other coach in the NBA- that if 3 out of the last 4 year All Star Al Horford was a support player- what do you think he would say to you? I mean after he slapped you? lol.