• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Masters Golf

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it's not. Hit fairways can be a misleading stat, too.. 6 inches off the fairway counts as a missed fairway though it's usually no harm/no foul. First off, I'm not entirely comfortable with the term choke. It's very subjective and often misused.. sort of like like "heart". I have no particular rooting interest and Spieth seems like a good guy, so I have nothing against him. He had a great round Sunday, but there was absolutely no pressure on him until very late in that round. I think that it may have gotten to him on the 18th tee.

It's not an easy driving hole and that's sort of the point. But I didn't see anyone else hit it as far left as he did there all week and they showed dozens of tee shots there with their graphic streak that shows the flight of the ball. His tee shot was clearly well left right off the face.

So all of the sudden he's standing on the 18th tee knowing he needs par or birdie for a realistic shot at the title. To give himself a good shot at either, he had to give himself a clear approach shot. He wasn't able to do that. He hit a poor shot.. well below his standard, at the worst possible moment, under a great deal of pressure, when only a decent drive was required. Call it what you will, but I think the pressure of the moment got to him.

Yea, I find it hard to counter any of that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) I saw plenty of players hitting out of the left trees on Sunday. I'm assuming some of them hit it further left than clipping the far right branch.

B) It didn't appear he actually really knew what the scores were. When he was walking off the green he looked up at the leader board and got very frustrated at himself.

B...maybe. Reed made birdie on 14 to post -15 so I think Spieth knew where he stood on the 18th tee.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it's not. Hit fairways can be a misleading stat, too.. 6 inches off the fairway counts as a missed fairway though it's usually no harm/no foul. First off, I'm not entirely comfortable with the term choke. It's very subjective and often misused.. sort of like like "heart". I have no particular rooting interest and Spieth seems like a good guy, so I have nothing against him. He had a great round Sunday, but there was absolutely no pressure on him until very late in that round. I think that it may have gotten to him on the 18th tee.

It's not an easy driving hole and that's sort of the point. But I didn't see anyone else hit it as far left as he did there all week and they showed dozens of tee shots there with their graphic streak that shows the flight of the ball. His tee shot was clearly well left right off the face.

So all of the sudden he's standing on the 18th tee knowing he needs par or birdie for a realistic shot at the title. To give himself a good shot at either, he had to give himself a clear approach shot. He wasn't able to do that. He hit a poor shot.. well below his standard, at the worst possible moment, under a great deal of pressure, when only a decent drive was required. Call it what you will, but I think the pressure of the moment got to him.

This post pretty much covers it....the drive obviously was a mistake and lead to him scrambling for par...the bigger mistake imo was not getting up and down to hold the lead in the clubhouse at -14.