• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Masters Golf

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite commendable by Finau. That had to be painful for sure to play on all weekend.
From what I'm hearing, the ankle is worse than they originally thought.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have missed a putt for 34 and considered it a choke. I've made a putt to break 40 and considered my 39 a success. It always depends upon the finish.

Hmm, shooting a 63, 1 stroke shy of the course record is choking??

He did well to even put himself into contention

He came to 18 needing a drive and he hit the fucking trees. Choke.

Yep - he clipped a tree on his drive - a slightly different path & he is likely in good shape for his 2nd shot. The fact that he even had a par putt is pretty damn good. He missed a relatively easy putt in the end & made a boogie. Just about all of the other golfers - including the winner - did similar yesterday at some pt.

Choking would be like Van de Velde really screwing up the final hole in The British Open years ago when he had no business not winning that tourney. And of course you could probably make a case for Spieth choking a few years ago on the 12th hole on the final round. I love the fact that Spieth was basically making fun of that with his longish tee shot on 12 yesterday (which he amazingly converted to a birdie).

He came to 18 needing a drive and hit the fucking trees.

Get off of Spieth's nuts. He fucked up badly on 18 on Sunday and on Thursday. It cost him the tournament. Get over it; Reed whipped him.

Both days, choked away a stroke on 18. Look, I was pulling for the kid but 64 or 74, he came to 18 and blew it. Better luck next time but a bogey on 18 is different than a bogey on 3.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Vandevelde actually had no business losing that tournament...he played well enough to have a nice lead going into the 72nd hole.

That was an outright choke....one he'll never live down, but amazingly, he seems to have accepted and moved on...all you can do at this point.

Lol - that is what I said - "He had no business not winning that tourney". Yep - good for him that he embraced that role. Just goes to show that we basically love folks who admit that they screwed up & moved on.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have missed a putt for 34 and considered it a choke. I've made a putt to break 40 and considered my 39 a success. It always depends upon the finish.

He came to 18 needing a drive and he hit the fucking trees. Choke.

He came to 18 needing a drive and hit the fucking trees.

Both days, choked away a stroke on 18. Look, I was pulling for the kid but 64 or 74, he came to 18 and blew it. Better luck next time but a bogey on 18 is different than a bogey on 3.

So if he hits a decent drive on 18 the likelihood is that he still gets a par on that hole & loses by 1 instead of 2. Whoopee.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol - that is what I said - "He had no business not winning that tourney". Yep - good for him that he embraced that role. Just goes to show that we basically love folks who admit that they screwed up & moved on.

Oh..."not"...missed that!

Yep...They finally were able to erase the curse of the Bambino, so maybe that's why he was forgiven, but yeah, even Bill Buckner can get a free beer in a Boston bar now. I hear Van De Velde is still a popular figure in France.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All said it was an unconventional ending for the Masters.
The last group was 1 under & 2 over for the day

The 14 guys behind them for the day

5 under
8 under
3 under
3 under
2 under
6 under
2 under
3 under
6 under
3 under
5 under
3 under
5 under
7 under

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if he hits a decent drive on 18 the likelihood is that he still gets a par on that hole & loses by 1 instead of 2. Whoopee.
Not if he didn't mess up his drive on 18 on Thursday and take another bogey. He knows better than to flirt with those trees.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His drive hit the trees left off of the 18th tee. When's the last time you've seen that happen ?
I never have but what's your point?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if he didn't mess up his drive on 18 on Thursday and take another bogey. He knows better than to flirt with those trees.
So he made two mistakes... Every golfer makes a few.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never have but what's your point?

My point is that while he played a great round of golf up until then, I don't think it's wrong to say he may have choked on the 18th tee. He knew a birdie would tie him for the lead and he basically eliminated that possibility with that drive.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His drive hit the trees left off of the 18th tee. When's the last time you've seen that happen ?

From that tournament tee, that's a long fairly narrow chute of trees before it opens...I'm guessing the chute is close to a 100 yds long, so you can't have much curve going early off the clubface and he did on that one...it looked to me like was trying to cut it off the bunker and got it started a little bit too much left, and it didn't cut.

He knew the score to get was 15 was he went up there thinking he needed to make birdie. Hard to call that tee shot a choke, Idk how many balls clipped a tree on 18 for the week, but it happens a lot so it's hard for me to call that choking. Bad mistake at the wrong time.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From that tournament tee, that's a long fairly narrow chute of trees before it opens...I'm guessing the chute is close to a 100 yds long, so you can't have much curve going early off the clubface and he did on that one...it looked to me like was trying to cut it off the bunker and got it started a little bit too much left, and it didn't cut.

He knew the score to get was 15 was he went up there thinking he needed to make birdie. Hard to call that tee shot a choke, Idk how many balls clipped a tree on 18 for the week, but it happens a lot so it's hard for me to call that choking. Bad mistake at the wrong time.

Ok. I know it's not an easy driving hole and I'm sure what he did is not all that unusual, though the usual miss there is in the trees right. But he needed a good drive, his last drive and last chance.. and he hit a poor one. So ok.. bad mistake at the wrong time.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I know it's not an easy driving hole and I'm sure what he did is not all that unusual, though the usual miss there is in the trees right. But he needed a good drive, his last drive and last chance.. and he hit a poor one. So ok.. bad mistake at the wrong time.

It was a bad mistake...you can't sugarcoat it...the chute is definitely intimidating for you and I on that back tee, but it shouldn't be that challenging for a top 5 player in the world or whatever Jordan is now so I can see why some would say he choked....I just don't think that's an automatic in the fairway tee ball.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid was what ..8 under? ....and he clips a tree on this insanely narrow fairway and it's a choke?

I'm a huge Rory fan and even I would rather the attention be on his embarrassing 2 over than on Spieth for this one errant tee shot.

WEB-040915sp-Masters-WOODS.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid was what ..8 under? ....and he clips a tree on this insanely narrow fairway and it's a choke?

I'm a huge Rory fan and even I would rather the attention be on his embarrassing 2 over than on Spieth for this one errant tee shot.

WEB-040915sp-Masters-WOODS.jpg

We stood back there near the back of that tee box and that's one intimidating looking shot.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was pretty frequent seeing players hit from the woods both sides Sunday.