• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Free Agency

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yinz catch this? DHB is still UC at a $1.3mil cap hit. I'm sure Hunter's contract will be an exact match to last season's $855k ($695k cap hit). Might be a tad higher under the current CBA league minimum rules, but the cap hit shouldn't change.

Is Hunter insurance? Maybe a move to clear someone else off the books? Or say someone comes calling on draft day for Martavis Bryant, or if Colbert does the calling and offers him up... Seems like a good move to reacquire Hunter if thats a possibility. Just a thought to ponder.

@ATL96Steeler @Ewa PGH Fan @SteelersPride @Bridgeburner @Superbelt @Ojb81

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yinz catch this? DHB is still UC at a $1.3mil cap hit. I'm sure Hunter's contract will be an exact match to last season's $855k ($695k cap hit). Might be a tad higher under the current CBA league minimum rules, but the cap hit shouldn't change.

Is Hunter insurance? Maybe a move to clear someone else off the books? Or say someone comes calling on draft day for Martavis Bryant, or if Colbert does the calling and offers him up... Seems like a good move to reacquire Hunter if thats a possibility. Just a thought to ponder.

That's interesting, for sure.

Gives them options.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interesting, for sure.

Gives them options.
Right? First thing I thought was 'Why?'. Then I started thinking about who this could be viewed as a replacement for.

But then again, outside of the top 3 the depth isn't all too reassuring.

1. Brown
2. Smith-Schuster
3. Bryant
4. DHB
5. Tucker (PS)
6. Thomas (PS)
7. Griffey - Res/Fut
8. Jones - Res/Fut

But Hunter isn't a slot guy, and that's what they need. Not more outside guys. So makes me wonder if they are going to have Bryant on the trading block during the draft, or DHB is on the chopping block.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's depth, insurance. Not guaranteed a spot. Certainly had some productive seasons in his career. I'm happy to have a vet like that at a low price.

We need more talent at WR. I'm on the James Washington train this year.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's depth, insurance. Not guaranteed a spot. Certainly had some productive seasons in his career. I'm happy to have a vet like that at a low price.

We need more talent at WR. I'm on the James Washington train this year.
I like Washington too. He'd fill that slot need perfectly.

I could be reading too far into it with Hunter. Maybe he is just another depth piece to keep the pressure on Bryant to stay out of trouble.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Washington too. He'd fill that slot need perfectly.

I could be reading too far into it with Hunter. Maybe he is just another depth piece to keep the pressure on Bryant to stay out of trouble.
Brandin Cooks went for a 1st rounder. We can at least get a 2 for Bryant. I want him gone.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandin Cooks went for a 1st rounder. We can at least get a 2 for Bryant. I want him gone.
Yea if there was a 2nd Rd pick offered, I would accept without thinking twice about it. But no less than a 2nd. He's cheap AF to keep onboard and has 1st-Rd talent if he keeps himself out of trouble. It would be stupid to trade him for anything less than a 2nd.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea if there was a 2nd Rd pick offered, I would accept without thinking twice about it. But no less than a 2nd. He's cheap AF to keep onboard and has 1st-Rd talent if he keeps himself out of trouble. It would be stupid to trade him for anything less than a 2nd.
Yeah, I'd roll with him if we couldn't get at least a 2.

A draft day trade that gets us picking James Washington straight up? Yep. I do that deal.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I truly dunno what to make of that sogning

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good pick up...hadn't seen that.

Good move...almost as if they're expecting that call....lol

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly dunno what to make of that sogning

They've signed a ST guru to replace Golden...that may have made DHB a little more expendable or Hunter more attractive as he's still the only other true "deep" threat.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've signed a ST guru to replace Golden...that may have made DHB a little more expendable or Hunter more attractive as he's still the only other true "deep" threat.
Whatever the case I hope Hunter is only kept if he's useful. It was a shame to see him count against the 53 the entire season when he really only played in 2-3 games. He could have played all 16 if he would have been useful on ST, but he failed in that area. So it was sorta wasteful to keep him. But not as wasteful as McCullers was lol. Guess when you have a loaded roster you can afford to take those risks.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is but he just isnt good, Marty and AB can both go deep

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JuJu led the nfl last season on catch rate 20+ yards.

Like AB, he's an all-around WR. Does everything exceptionally well.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So he's essentially Wilcox 2.0 lol. Sounds like there's some turmoil with Berhe and the GMen fanbase.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right? First thing I thought was 'Why?'. Then I started thinking about who this could be viewed as a replacement for.

But then again, outside of the top 3 the depth isn't all too reassuring.

1. Brown
2. Smith-Schuster
3. Bryant
4. DHB
5. Tucker (PS)
6. Thomas (PS)
7. Griffey - Res/Fut
8. Jones - Res/Fut

But Hunter isn't a slot guy, and that's what they need. Not more outside guys. So makes me wonder if they are going to have Bryant on the trading block during the draft, or DHB is on the chopping block.
Whatever the case I hope Hunter is only kept if he's useful. It was a shame to see him count against the 53 the entire season when he really only played in 2-3 games. He could have played all 16 if he would have been useful on ST, but he failed in that area. So it was sorta wasteful to keep him. But not as wasteful as McCullers was lol. Guess when you have a loaded roster you can afford to take those risks.

I tend to agree on snaps, but I'm keeping my OFC thoughts a little more open only b/c I don't know how Randy is going to use the talent. I do know that Ben lobbied for Hunter LY...with Haley now gone, maybe they will figure out how to use him more.

A slot would have made a better choice imo as well...I have to think 1 of these picks in this draft will be a slot WR.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree on snaps, but I'm keeping my OFC thoughts a little more open only b/c I don't know how Randy is going to use the talent. I do know that Ben lobbied for Hunter LY...with Haley now gone, maybe they will figure out how to use him more.

A slot would have made a better choice imo as well...I have to think 1 of these picks in this draft will be a slot WR.
That's a great point. Something I keep forgetting to "figure into the equation". Fichtner could certainly have different plans for depth pieces.