• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 concerts

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neil Young in July.

Young was very good at the sold out Fox last night but there was a very weird vibe in the room. I think some had already started celebrating the holiday a bit too enthusiastically. A group of several people behind us finally got thrown out after a running argument about who was disturbing whom the most and ruining the show.

A guy a few rows down kept screaming "Hurricane" and actually berated Young during his between song patter, yelling "we" didn't pay to hear him talk.. and that was just in our section. Young became visibly annoyed at the people shouting over him at a couple of points during the show. The show was well received, but there was isolated hostility in the room that was palpable and not something I expected at a Neil Young concert.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young was very good at the sold out Fox last night but there was a very weird vibe in the room. I think some had already started celebrating the holiday a bit too enthusiastically. A group of several people behind us finally got thrown out after a running argument about who was disturbing whom the most and ruining the show.

A guy a few rows down kept screaming "Hurricane" and actually berated Young during his between song patter, yelling "we" didn't pay to hear him talk.. and that was just in our section. Young became visibly annoyed at the people shouting over him at a couple of points during the show. The show was well received, but there was isolated hostility in the room that was palpable and not something I expected at a Neil Young concert.

My brother had a similar experience at his show. He's a bleeding heart Lib, and even he said he wished he would just stfu and play.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother had a similar experience at his show. He's a bleeding heart Lib, and even he said he wished he would just stfu and play.

His only remotely political comment was a mention of kids in cages who he said one song was dedicated to. That got a loud ovation and no boos. But he was just walking from instrument to instrument (there were multiple pianos/keyboards & types of guitars around the stage) between songs, talking about experiences he'd had in Detroit from the early days. I thought it was cool and there was nothing at all political about his between song patter. He never went on for more than a minute or so between each song. So I don't think it was that.

People mostly kept insistently yelling songs they wanted to hear, for instance Helpless & Hurricane, neither of which he performed and After The Gold Rush, which he did. I think some thought it should have been him doing his "greatest hits". Aside from the fact that it would take several hours for him to perform all of his songs the average Neil Young fan is familiar with, he just never does that and his fans know it. I've seen him several times around here but last night's crowd was just weird.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His only remotely political comment was a mention of kids in cages who he said one song was dedicated to. That got a loud ovation and no boos. But he was just walking from instrument to instrument (there were multiple pianos/keyboards & types of guitars around the stage) between songs, talking about experiences he'd had in Detroit from the early days. I thought it was cool and there was nothing at all political about his between song patter. He never went on for more than a minute or so between each song. So I don't think it was that.

People mostly kept insistently yelling songs they wanted to hear, for instance Helpless & Hurricane, neither of which he performed and After The Gold Rush, which he did. I think some thought it should have been him doing his "greatest hits". Aside from the fact that it would take several hours for him to perform all of his songs the average Neil Young fan is familiar with, he just never does that and his fans know it. I've seen him several times around here but last night's crowd was just weird.

I personally love when those old timers tell stories. Shit's fascinating. I saw Paul McCartney a few years back, and I would've paid the ticket price just to hear him talk. He spoke of Hendrix covering Sgt. Peppers in its entirety less than 24 hours after it was released, and how the band(Beatles) were dumbfounded that, what they considered their magnum opus at the time, was mastered and improved upon in a day.

I'd listen to shit like that all day.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to Sun Fest(local Country music festival) on Sunday August 5th. Eric Church is headlining

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely gonna go see Blood Sweat & Tears up in Sonoma next month.
One of my favorite jazz/blues/rock/fusion bands from back in the day.

Also....Phish will be here in SF next week for 2 shows at the Bill Graham Civic...and I'm still deciding if I wanna go to 1 of them...but I may pass, as I'm none too keen on mid week concerts these days.

Last edited:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pixies tomorrow night.

Kinda bugged Weezer is skipping us. Only stop on the whole tour that they are not on the bill?? They pick up again Saturday in Washington too and finish the tour?? what the fuck

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good stuff

Looks like you had pretty decent seats.

Did they do mostly recent stuff, or did they bounce all through their catalogue?

I'm still contemplating to go see them on Tuesday night.
I just wish they were playing here in the city, instead of down in silicon valley.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you had pretty decent seats.

Did they do mostly recent stuff, or did they bounce all through their catalogue?

I'm still contemplating to go see them on Tuesday night.
I just wish they were playing here in the city, instead of down in silicon valley.
They bounced thru it all.

They don't have last nite's setlist up yet, but I'm pretty sure it was exactly the same as the nite before's in SLC.

Pixies Setlist at USANA Amphitheatre, West Valley

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to think about Sleigh Bells, (the opening act, aside from whatever retarded reason Weezer didn't show)...she seemed to by lip syncing and was a little too teeny bopper fer meh likes.

Felt like I was at a slightly edgier Tiffany concert from the 80's.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow’s night 1 of Pearl Jam. I’m going night 2 (Friday). Wife and kid might go on a sleepover at a friends house though. Might go check out the merch tent and see how it sounds outside the stadium.