• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 best truck

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that GM/Dodge have released their Silverado/Ram, I'm somewhat interested in seeing them in person and taking both for test rides. Having said that, I think the Ram excites me more.....the exterior as I thought from that initial photo, is a bit bland on the outside, but it works. The interior may be class leading.

The Silverado's front end really is hideous and the crease from the door frontward reminds me of the flintstones car. The interior? Holy shit....well....they improved it, but given the last model was absolutely horrible, they had nowhere to go but up. It's a very, very miniscule step in the right direction, which means it's still garbage. I'm sure the GM'ers will still fall over it for the most part.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Ram and Silverado fight it out for 2nd place in the 1/2 ton pickup wars.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that GM/Dodge have released their Silverado/Ram, I'm somewhat interested in seeing them in person and taking both for test rides. Having said that, I think the Ram excites me more.....the exterior as I thought from that initial photo, is a bit bland on the outside, but it works. The interior may be class leading.

The Silverado's front end really is hideous and the crease from the door frontward reminds me of the flintstones car. The interior? Holy shit....well....they improved it, but given the last model was absolutely horrible, they had nowhere to go but up. It's a very, very miniscule step in the right direction, which means it's still garbage. I'm sure the GM'ers will still fall over it for the most part.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Ram and Silverado fight it out for 2nd place in the 1/2 ton pickup wars.

Dodge needs a competitor for the Raptor. They have all the components but don't seem to have that nice driving package all together. The Raptor, with the half doors in the back and short bed, seems the best option for me. But the thing is overpriced and needs competition.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodge needs a competitor for the Raptor. They have all the components but don't seem to have that nice driving package all together. The Raptor, with the half doors in the back and short bed, seems the best option for me. But the thing is overpriced and needs competition.

If any of those manufacturers needs a Raptor fighter, it's GM. At least Ram has the Rebel or Power Wagon......GM's only offering now is the Colorado ZR2 or something like that? I think they floated something like the 'Reaper' which was beyond laughable.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full sized barely fits in the garage. Gentlemen, like me, keep their shit in the garage.

I ain't buying no gas truck ever again. 'Tis silly to get shitty mileage and have shitty pulling torque in a big truck. They wear out too fast and depreciate too fast compared to diesel as well.

So, with all I've seen, this is the best truck to buy now. However, I promised myself I'd never buy a GM product after they fucked us all out of 46 billion in that bankruptcy scam to bail their union. Fuck them.

Best Diesel Trucks of 2017
By John M. Vincent | April 19, 2017

Photo: General Motors

3 of 10
2017 GMC Canyon
The 2017 GMC Canyon shares its diesel engine offering with its Chevy Colorado corporate sibling, and its performance stats are identical to the Colorado’s. However, you can spend a bit more money on the Canyon because two special models can be fitted with the diesel powertrain.

GMC’s Denali brand loads trucks with a host luxury car amenities. The Canyon Denali features 20-inch wheels, a distinctive grille, upscale leather seating, plus standard advanced safety equipment including forward collision warning and lane departure warning. You can expect to pay north of $43,000 for a Canyon Denali diesel.

New for 2017 is the Canyon All Terrain X, which has a base price of about $39,000 with the diesel engine before options and the destination charge. The package includes aggressive Goodyear Wrangler all-terrain tires, step bars for easy entrance into the cab, an upgraded suspension, additional underbody skid-plating, plus a host of interior and exterior design touches.

2018-shelby-baja-raptor.jpg

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAO at paying 70k to 85k for a truck. I'll make that much this month and still wouldn't. Can you see putting a palatte of grass in that thing? And I think it's too tall for my garage door. Would I just leave it out in front of the house like at a trailer park?

It sure is pretty though. The wildlife rangers here have them and really like them...been very reliable and agile. A lawyer near my office has one and likes it, but he has to keep it in the driveway and his graphics faded in the FL sun.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford changed their game and not in a good way. You used to be able to get AWD with the XLT and now you only get 2WD, 4H and 4L. You have to move up to the Lariat to get the AWD option. That's a bunch of bs.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I open a thread about "trucks" and so far no one has mentioned or posted a photo a real truck yet :L

The crap you boys are gushing over is fine for bringing a couple of bags of trash to the landfill or going to the grocery store. Sorry though, they are not trucks, they are your wife's station wagon with the back half of the roof carved off.

^this guy gets it....

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, @SJ76 the Titan with the Diesel engine might be a good fit for you. It’s crazy roomy inside, will average 20mpg and can be had for around 34k with 4x4 depending on what you absolutely have to have.

2017_nissan_titan-xd_crew-cab-pickup_sl_fq_oem_2_1280.jpg

A Datsun by any other name, is still a Datsun.....

:2cents:

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F150 Eco boost. 17-18 mpg and can tow plenty.

Dam gaytors. What the hell you pullin juicy? Double wide? :lol:
i have an 06 chevy 1500 Silverado 4x4 crew cab 5.3l v8 and get 18 around town 22 on the hwy.. it gets better mpg then that and it has 165k miles on it.. why would i buy an eco boost that gets worse gas mileage?

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have an 06 chevy 1500 Silverado 4x4 crew cab 5.3l v8 and get 18 around town 22 on the hwy.. it gets better mpg then that and it has 165k miles on it.. why would i buy an eco boost that gets worse gas mileage?

Now don't flash all that fancy Gator math to a semenhole! They don't understand all that kinda' stuff. :dhd:

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My last pickup truck was a Suzuki Equator (built by Nissan). It was essentially a Frontier body fit over a Titan frame. It was underpowered for going uphill, but it could haul a good bit of gear. It also had a ridiculously wide steering radius, which made it hard to get in & out of tight spaces. I much preferred my old Ford Ranger.