• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Bears Mock Draft v.1

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally it's here!! What absolutely no one has been waiting for, the 2018 LSD mock draft, v.1:

1. Quenton Nelson, OG Notre Dame
Mega stud beast, plain and simple. If he's there at 8, we take him.
Alternative: Really no one, but the next best OL is Mike McGlinchey, OT Notre Dame - really a mid-1st rounder, so he may be there if we trade down.

2. Lorenzo Carter, OLB/EDGE Georgia
Good size and length, great speed. Would make for a nice counterbalance on the other side of Floyd.
Alternative: Sam Hubbard, DE Ohio State - Large and strong, great motor, may be more suited as a 4-3.
Alternative: Arden Key, EDGE LSU - Off field issues have lowered his stock and it may drop even lower; otherwise a world of 1st rd talent in this kid.

4. Justin Watson, WR Pennsylvania
Solid route runner, good hands, prototypical NFL size. Wasn't invited to the Combines, so he made up for it with a strong performance in his Pro Day, which included a 4.42 40. Love his motivation.
Alternative: Dante Pettis WR/PR, Washington - Productive receiver, 9 PR for TDs in his collegiate career.
Alternative: Trey Quinn, WR SMU - Pass catching machine, HUGE mitts. His stock has been on the rise.

4. Kyzir White, S West Virginia
Big, strong athlete. Good versatility, will be able to handle the S and occasional LB spots as needed. He's also Kevin's brother (but don't hold that against him).
Alternative: Deshon Elliott, S Texas - Another good sized, hard hitting S.

5. Leon Jacobs, ILB/OLB/EDGE Wisconsin
Plays both ILB and OLB, can cover in space. Probably makes a hell of a STer to boot.

6. Jaryd Jones-Smith, OT Pittsburgh
Large body, not very strong, but has the wingspan of an albatross. Better at blocking for the pass vs run.

7. Kahlil McKenzie Jr, DE Tennessee
NFL pedigree, daddy Reggie was a LB for the Raiders. Huge, yet quick off the snap. He'd fit right in with the 3-4 set up.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love, love Key in the 2nd round.

Not sure we need more safeties, though. I might use the other 4th round pick to go D-Line. Good talent there, but we're a tad thinner than many think.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love, love Key in the 2nd round.

Not sure we need more safeties, though. I might use the other 4th round pick to go D-Line. Good talent there, but we're a tad thinner than many think.
Two reasons for a safety in this draft. #1, Amos is in his possible walk year, so it never hurts to have some depth at this spot, especially if he does leave. And #2, safeties make for solid ST players.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love it if we landed Nelson but no way he's still there at 8.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love it if we landed Nelson but no way he's still there at 8.
As little as two weeks ago I would have not only agreed, I probably would have not even bothered including him in my primary mock. But it seems now like we just may have a shot at him. One thing that will have to happen tho is having four QBs taken before we pick. At least then that only leaves 3 spots left to fill. And we're still talking Barkley, Chubb, Ward, Fitzpatrick all on the board unclaimed.

And hey, if Nelson is gone, oh well, Pace simply slides over to the D side of the ball. Somebody very good is going to be there.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, this a mock draft you say? That means none of those players are going to be on the bears.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, this a mock draft you say? That means none of those players are going to be on the bears.
Hahaha, you're probably dead on. Rare are the times that I get even one of my predictions correct. Occasionally I'll score one or two now and then, but usually I come up flat empty each year. But who gives a shit, it's all for fun anyway. I really love talking draft possibilities.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha, you're probably dead on. Rare are the times that I get even one of my predictions correct. Occasionally I'll score one or two now and then, but usually I come up flat empty each year. But who gives a shit, it's all for fun anyway. I really love talking draft possibilities.
Yes, it’s very exciting. And don’t take my joke the wrong way, it’s all in good fun.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it’s very exciting. And don’t take my joke the wrong way, it’s all in good fun.
Oh heck no and the same back at you, I hope you didn't think I was being overly sensitive. Hey, we're all Bear fans here, so we all ultimately share the same hopes and goals for our team.

And trust me, no one takes my opinions less seriously than me.