• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL CENTRAL DISCUSSION

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw some asparagus at him and you will be fine

I live with the fact, that it is mid June and we are 2.5 games behind you guys ... Miggy's been hurt, JV's gone (even though he had problems with you guys), Upton's gone, JD Martinez is gone, Kinsler's gone and Vmart is ready for social security ... who'd of guessed?

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live with the fact, that it is mid June and we are 2.5 games behind you guys ... Miggy's been hurt, JV's gone (even though he had problems with you guys), Upton's gone, JD Martinez is gone, Kinsler's gone and Vmart is ready for social security ... who'd of guessed?
If the Indians had any assemblance of a bullpen I would wager it would be a greater lead. We don't, so it isn't

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Indians had any assemblance of a bullpen I would wager it would be a greater lead. We don't, so it isn't

True. But we all could say that about our teams.

If the Twins didn’t choose to have the offense go limp when they finally have a decent pitching staff they could be right on the door step instead of 4 out still.

Flawed division. Indians just the best all around.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But we all could say that about our teams.

If the Twins didn’t choose to have the offense go limp when they finally have a decent pitching staff they could be right on the door step instead of 4 out still.

Flawed division. Indians just the best all around.
And to be completely honest, that doesn't speak much of the division. I am not impressed with the '18 Indians thus far. I am hoping they can ride it out and pick up some arms around the trade deadline when others are looking to sell but that's a slim hope.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to be completely honest, that doesn't speak much of the division. I am not impressed with the '18 Indians thus far. I am hoping they can ride it out and pick up some arms around the trade deadline when others are looking to sell but that's a slim hope.

No doubt this division is bad.

On paper the Indians are still a contender(if that awful pen can get even somewhat right) and the Twins are a solid club(with a few injuries and suspensions over with)

But overall both have disappointed. The tigers have surprised. And the division sucks.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On paper the Indians are still a contender(if that awful pen can get even somewhat right) and the Twins are a solid club(with a few injuries and suspensions over with)

But overall both have disappointed. The tigers have surprised. And the division sucks.

I'd like to disagree with you ... but you're 100% right!!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The division does suck.

Not sure the Twins are a solid club. Not sure your FO thought so either when their big off season additions were Reed and Lynn. They knew they couldn't compete with Cleveland. Best to wait.

The AL in general blows. Three and a half months to go before we know if it's the Angels or Mariners that get the second WC. And that race has an 8 game lead. Minny is 15 back in the Win column in that one.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kluber wins Game 1, in Houston, it won't matter if Cleveland goes 85-77 to win the division or 97-75.

All you gotta do is win one game on the road in a playoff series.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The division does suck.

Not sure the Twins are a solid club. Not sure your FO thought so either when their big off season additions were Reed and Lynn. They knew they couldn't compete with Cleveland. Best to wait.

The AL in general blows. Three and a half months to go before we know if it's the Angels or Mariners that get the second WC. And that race has an 8 game lead. Minny is 15 back in the Win column in that one.

They added Odorizzi and Morrison too. They definitely made moves for a change.

Problem is many things haven’t went worked out as hoped.

The rotation while not a upper echelon rotation, it is vastly improved and that’s without Santana.

Remember, they made these moves thinking Santana would be out a month tops, Sano actually knew how to play baseball, Polanco wouldn’t be suspended and Morrison wouldn’t fall off a cliff.

Team is vastly disappointing tho. Reed sucks. Molitor is an idiot. Sano is fat. Dozier should be out and Gordon in.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kluber wins Game 1, in Houston, it won't matter if Cleveland goes 85-77 to win the division or 97-75.

All you gotta do is win one game on the road in a playoff series.
Call me a greedy asshole, but I would really like to see them do more than win a playoff series. Been there, done that a few times.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit Cody Allen's in.:gaah:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me a greedy asshole, but I would really like to see them do more than win a playoff series. Been there, done that a few times.
Maybe you'll do it again this year.

Could happen.

Playing in the ALCS doesn't seem like a stretch.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They added Odorizzi and Morrison too. They definitely made moves for a change.

Problem is many things haven’t went worked out as hoped.

The rotation while not a upper echelon rotation, it is vastly improved and that’s without Santana.

Remember, they made these moves thinking Santana would be out a month tops, Sano actually knew how to play baseball, Polanco wouldn’t be suspended and Morrison wouldn’t fall off a cliff.

Team is vastly disappointing tho. Reed sucks. Molitor is an idiot. Sano is fat. Dozier should be out and Gordon in.
Santana sucks every other year anyway.

Could be a benefit he isn't pitching.

Morrison wasn't much of an addition imo. He hit all those homers last year, but in a career year he still didn't hit .250.