• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 US Open - Flushing Meadows, New York (8/28/2017 - 9/10/2017)

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emphasis on the word whip. Do not hammer grip the handle just keeping enough grip so it doesn't fall if your hand, the index finger can be used to stabilize the frame by separating from the rest of the fingers pointing in an angled manner in the general direction of the throats of the frame, and also keep the tossing hand up pointing toward the sky as long as possible before racquet impact with ball. Try to hit the ball at a higher up spot in its toss trajectory, and spring up to get more height for impact.
something like this?

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing I forgot to add. Your feet can be parallel to the baseline (Sampras) or angled at (+) Thirty degrees ( Federer ) (toes pointing toward court) or (-) 30 degrees ( McEnroe) ( feet pointing away from baseline ). The McEnroe and Sampras stances create more body torque as the whole body rotates anti clockwise to generate more action on the ball.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing I forgot to add. Your feet can be parallel to the baseline (Sampras) or angled at (+) Thirty degrees ( Federer ) (toes pointing toward court) or (-) 30 degrees ( McEnroe) ( feet pointing away from baseline ). The McEnroe and Sampras stances create more body torque as the whole body rotates anti clockwise to generate more action on the ball.

Right now, the toes pointed toward the baseline is easier for me. I understand the advantages of creating more torque.

But I'm trying to keep a simple motion, for now. So I don't have as many things to think about.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, the toes pointed toward the baseline is easier for me. I understand the advantages of creating more torque.

But I'm trying to keep a simple motion, for now. So I don't have as many things to think about.
regardless of where ever you point your toes in your stance, your body should still be in the same position as the pro's when you strike the ball.

start with a convention stance, and then you can modify it, as you feel comfortable. mcenroe has his back to the receiver, and is leaping off the ground when he hits the ball. thats not for everybody.

be careful not to hurt your back.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mcenroe serves pretty well, and he's hardly a weight lifter.

racket speed is the key to power, not strength. you want your upper body relaxed, not tense. force = mass x acceleration.

if right handed-(flat serve)

the motion is much like throwing. you body acts like a whip. you toss the ball a little out in front, slightly to the right. then you reach back and get in the trophy position, with weight on the back foot. then you swing, weight is shifted from the back foot to the front, you rotate your shoulders, pronate the wrist, flatten the racket out, snapping through the ball.

spin serve-toss the ball more over your head, and brush up on the back of the ball, to get a 8am-2pm rotation on the ball.

Emphasis on the word whip. Do not hammer grip the handle just keeping enough grip so it doesn't fall if your hand, the index finger can be used to stabilize the frame by separating from the rest of the fingers pointing in an angled manner in the general direction of the throats of the frame, and also keep the tossing hand up pointing toward the sky as long as possible before racquet impact with ball. Try to hit the ball at a higher up spot in its toss trajectory, and spring up to get more height for impact.

Holding the handle rigid and firm can add to shoulder problems as one may be led to believe that more control comes with a firmer grip.

something like this?

regardless of where ever you point your toes in your stance, your body should still be in the same position as the pro's when you strike the ball.

start with a convention stance, and then you can modify it, as you feel comfortable. mcenroe has his back to the receiver, and is leaping off the ground when he hits the ball. thats not for everybody.

be careful not to hurt your back.

Can a mod move these into the thread below?

These are good advice posts.

do y'all play or just fans?

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
racket speed is key to every shot not just serve.