• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Mountain West Power Rankings Week 9

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference play is starting to get wild, yet again a lot of shifting

1. Boise State - Boise State has this spot pretty much by default at this point as they're the last team that's still unbeaten in conference play. It's also their first ever 5-0 start in the Mountain West, and it happened this season, when things looked really bad to start! Things seemed to round into form as they destroyed Utah State 41-14 on the road. The rest of the road is tricky so their perch at the top may not last, up next is Nevada.

2. Wyoming - I really meant by default when I said it, what a muddled mess this league has become. Wyoming had a good week this year, absolutely crushing New Mexico in a game where they scored 35 2nd quarter points and led 42-0 at halftime before calling off the dogs. Wyoming leads the nation in turnover margin. Up next is a big one against Colorado State.

3. Air Force - Not exactly how you would expect it but Air Force is now on a 3 game win streak and they have turned their season around. Their performance this week was their best yet as their ground game allowed them to blow out Colorado State who was previously unbeaten in conference play. They leave conference play as they play Army this week.

4. Fresno State - Ok what the fuck? Just when you think Fresno State looks good, I mean they were seriously on a roll...they lay an egg...at home...against fucking UNLV. It looked like a sure thing that they would take the West division after crushing San Diego State but after this past week I have faith that they can manage to choke away the division.

5. San Diego State - San Diego State finally ended their losing streak, but in all reality only scoring 28 on Hawai'i doesn't really provide us confidence in the San Diego State offense. A win is a win though and thanks to the absolutely embarrassing effort of Fresno State the division crown is still up for grabs. Up next is San Jose State and we can sound the alarms if they can't put up 40 on them, I'll explain why later.

6. Colorado State - Their unbeaten record caused me to keep them toward the top of these rankings but Colorado State had definitely been struggling the past few weeks and their defense has been especially horrible lately, they couldn't do anything to stop Air Force and everything came crashing down on them, Wyoming may not fix these issues.

7. Utah State - They were blown out at home by Boise State, as they once again seem to lack playing in close games. Mostly either being blown out or blowing someone out. Utah State faces New Mexico on the road in a game where both teams badly need a win.

8. UNLV - I really can't figure this fucking team out. In the past 3 weeks they led 27-0 against Air Force near halftime and lost, then they were tied 28 all against Utah State at halftime and lost 52-28 at home, so they turn around and completely dominate Fresno State in the 2nd half on the road???? How does this make any sense?? They host Hawai'i this week, a game they should win but they'll probably lose by 30 or something...or not...who knows

9. Nevada - They move up one during the bye week, they had a really quality performance against the bye week this week...well I guess if I'm being serious now this was Nevada's 2nd best week of the season. They do seem to be playing better, knowing how Mountain West play has gone maybe they'll close out a good performance and beat Boise State this week...if not at least they play San Jose State the week after.

10. New Mexico - The New Mexico guide to falling behind a team that was on a bye week...how do you manage such a thing you might ask?? Well trailing 42-0 against Wyoming at halftime can do the trick. For the most part their season has consisted of their random win over Air Force and they have been otherwise bad. They're 3-5 and their bowl hopes are on life support with Utah State, Texas A&M, UNLV and San Diego State as their last 4 games...they need to win 3 of those...good luck.

11. Hawai'i - The bye week didn't help Hawai'i all that much. I mean really the only silver lining is they only gave up 28 points to San Diego State and they managed to hold Rashad Penny below 300 rushing yards (he had 253). I'm not sure if another win is on the schedule, UNLV on the road is next.

12. San Jose State - Ok just how fucking bad is this team? They lost 41-20 to BYU! BYU, one of the most inept offenses in college football managed to put up 41 points on this team. This was after a bye week I might add. They have a destruction coming up against San Diego State.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take it, and mostly agree. Wyoming had one of the most efficient games they have played while New Mexico looked like they didn't want to be there. No one could survive 7 turnovers.

Border War week as we take on Colorado State.
611929674-1.jpg

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take it, and mostly agree. Wyoming had one of the most efficient games they have played while New Mexico looked like they didn't want to be there. No one could survive 7 turnovers.

Border War week as we take on Colorado State.
611929674-1.jpg

Big game for you guys that's for sure

just a few weeks ago no one would have thought that you had a shot at it, now you're the favorite to win

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game for you guys that's for sure

just a few weeks ago no one would have thought that you had a shot at it, now you're the favorite to win

As long as this O-line can give Allen 3, 4 seconds, we will be fine. It's when Josh can't set his feet that all things to go shit.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as this O-line can give Allen 3, 4 seconds, we will be fine. It's when Josh can't set his feet that all things to go shit.

Also when his receivers drop passes

I suspect Wyoming will use a lot of read option plays

Colorado State's defense has become pathetic against the run

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also when his receivers drop passes

I suspect Wyoming will use a lot of read option plays

Colorado State's defense has become pathetic against the run

No doubt we are struggling without Hill in the backfield.

Plus the WR are shit this year.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt we are struggling without Hill in the backfield.

Plus the WR are shit this year.

Yes your receivers constantly drop passes, and they basically vanished against Iowa and Oregon leaving Allen nowhere to put the ball

at least this hasn't happened again

whiffgif.gif

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes your receivers constantly drop passes, and they basically vanished against Iowa and Oregon leaving Allen nowhere to put the ball

at least this hasn't happened again

whiffgif.gif
tenor.gif

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Receivers need to catch those darts, my friend

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we try much read option..... that's just not Vigen's style

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Receivers need to catch those darts, my friend

No question, but it was nice seeing Allen getting more time and posting up throws that were impossible to miss.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we try much read option..... that's just not Vigen's style

Wasn't sure, I haven't seen too much of your offense...considering it wasn't on the field much during our matchup! :dhd::dhd: