• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Mountain West Power Rankings Week 1

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to overreact to the week 1 results

1. San Diego State - They really weren't too impressive on the scoreboard but they probably didn't want to show a lot since they were playing UC Davis.
2. Colorado State - I really didn't watch them play on Friday as I was out of town, but sounds like there was a ton of controversy with the officials in their loss to Colorado, so I won't punish them too much for it.
3. Air Force - They beat VMI 62-0, an effective dominance of their FCS opponent.
4. Boise State - Had a strong defensive performance to get a good win over Troy, but the offense is an issue.
5. New Mexico - New Mexico was effective in doing what they needed to do to beat Abilene Christian, they probably didn't open up the playbook too much.
6. Hawai'i - Hawai'i opened the year stealing a close win from UMass and has followed it up by easily beating Western Carolina.
7. Wyoming- The defense was strong but the Josh Allen hypetrain has come to a screeching halt as Wyoming struggled miserably offensively against Iowa, and to top it all of their punter actually missed the ball when trying to punt, something I don't think I've seen in college football.
8. Nevada - They actually had a shot of upsetting Northwestern until Northwestern pulled away in the 4th quarter, thus far Nevada was better than expected.
9. San Jose State - They opened the year taking a surprising 16-0 on the ranked South Florida Bulls before losing. South Florida struggled again the next week to make that less impressive, but San Jose State did handle their FCS opponent well.
10. Utah State - They stunned everyone by taking a 10-0 lead on Wisconsin, but were outscored 59-0 the rest of the way.
11. Fresno State - The Tedford era got off to a strong start as they put up a 66-0 destruction on the Incarnate Word.
12. UNLV - I mean seriously? Howard?? This team lost to Howard?? As 45.5 point favorites?? Unbelievable, this might be the most embarrassing loss in Mountain West conference history. This year clearly has turned out to be a bust for the Runnin Rebels already.