• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Draft Thread

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, I love the choice. Funny, when they said Halifax, at first I cursed because I was thinking they would say Swiss or something forgetting briefly he played for Halifax....and then they said Nico and I jumped around like a kid.

Nolan was definitely "safer" but really hope this works out. If not, I will stop posting and go to the SportsHoopla devils hall of shame.

Lets go DEVILS!!!!!!!
I love the pick I'm not sure Patrick wanted to be in Jersey. But regardless Nico feels like he fits the mold theyre building. And when you watch his tape he's the more dynamic player imo. I'll be getting that jersey too hoping he keeps the 13 :suds:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah I agree nico definitely fits what they are doing here. Maybe they feel mclode is more along and ready to make the jump.

Pretty amazing how young this team will be next year.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping this is the start of uptick of this franchise. After 5 meh years, it's time to get back where we belong!

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think he makes the team this year Cup.... I am happy with the pick as well.... things should start to turn around.... any word on the Kovy situation?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm really hoping they can get a legit prospect or a decent NHL player in return. then all we need is to rid ourselves of cam and we are set. Would be nice if cam can stay healthy and put up 20 this year.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really hoping they can get a legit prospect or a decent NHL player in return. then all we need is to rid ourselves of cam and we are set. Would be nice if cam can stay healthy and put up 20 this year.
They did get off to a good start getting mirco from San Jose . He does have potential. But I would like to see them do some work on the blue line. Love how deep and skilled the forwards are now. But at some point they really need to address that D. Either through a trade involving a piece they don't need or free agency. I do love this speed and skill direction.

Hate the Jersey alterations tho

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think he makes the team this year Cup.... I am happy with the pick as well.... things should start to turn around.... any word on the Kovy situation?
As far as I know if he wants to come back he has to re-sign with the Devils. But can't do so until the start of free agency. Which starts July 1st. And should their be a sign and trade or sign and stay. We wouldn't know until then. Haven't heard much lately. Other than he wants to come back to the NGL. And that was a while ago. The Devils do hold the cards which is good tho

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan looked pissed lol

Hope this won't cuz him to go crazy on us!!!! Lol
Yeah he did. Some bad trades by the Rags,Isles,Pens and Flyers made this draft that much better so far too tho.The Isles give up their first to protect players. The Rags give up Stepan to make a major reach at 7.Flyers give up Schenn for a center that went way downhill for St Louis and a pick.That the used on a project C. And the Pens trade their 1st for an enforcer.Great night imo

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if we can pull a Vegaslike handshake agreement with a team? Like Kovy and some picks today for whoever?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to be special. Ive never seen an SC QB with that much poise and ability.I think he will be better than Palmer imo. I'm hoping he goes to San Fran or a team where he can thrive. Not confident it will happen.But it would be good to see him land in a good position

I only saw Darnold for 1 game and in that game he was off the charts and better than any game I had seen from Palmer. Kid made throws where there was no window and see somehow found one....ready for a playoff rematch between Saquon and Darnold....both could very well be in NYC for Heisman as well

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Devils with lot of picks today. Wonder if we see some trades.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Meanwhile, Nico was on the FAN, went to Times Square, met the mayor in Newark, has a sandwich named after him. I say time to hit the gym.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah I'm really digging the picks they have made today.

Two common themes with both drafts so far

Great skaters and high hockey iq. That bovarst kid in round two and then zebberland in round three fits the bill perfectly. Factor in mueller with the trade this team has some serious wheels all of sudden.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm really digging the picks they have made today.

Two common themes with both drafts so far

Great skaters and high hockey iq. That bovarst kid in round two and then zebberland in round three fits the bill perfectly. Factor in mueller with the trade this team has some serious wheels all of sudden.
A lot of great picks including a puck moving defensemen I'm still going through them.But this ones interesting in the 4th.6'6 but look at this skill set.A lot of upside and potential imo

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A lot of great picks including a puck moving defensemen I'm still going through them.But this ones interesting in the 4th.6'6 but look at this skill set.A lot of upside and potential imo

I thought this kid was a d man but he has some sick hands. 6'6 if he can get better skating he would be a beast.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this kid was a d man but he has some sick hands. 6'6 if he can get better skating he would be a beast.
I was actually surprised by his speed for his size. From what I read. The only reason he dropped was questions about his work ethic. Because he asked to be traded to another team in Russia. He does have a ready good shot and hands. If his skating developed like you said. He may be a hidden gem

They actually had a very solid draft across the board. Added a ton of depth and high ceilings. In a not so deep draft. The over seas scouting the Devils worked hard may be a huge pay off in the end.