• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 Offseason Thread

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Orioles have agreed to a deal with free-agent outfielder Colby Rasmus, according to MLB.com’s Mark Feinsand (Twitter link). Eduardo Encina of the Baltimore Sun had strongly connected the sides this morning. It’s a minor-league pact, per the report.

Baltimore has been looking for a lefty outfield bat all winter long, and may now have found its man. Rasmus will still need to earn his way onto the roster, of course, but the O’s presently have no left-handed-hitting outfielders on the 40-man after designating Jaycob Brugman earlier today."

I never liked the guy, he's a head case. Plays hard though. We'll see if he makes the team.
Rasmus will make little difference in B'more. What we really needed to compete was solid pitching and we got none. Both Cashner & Tillman are backend rotation guys, Gausman and Bundy middle of the rotation guys that while they have a few innings under their respective belts, should be middle of rotation guys with two solid starters with more of a pedigree in front of them. It is apparent the O's are not trying to win since both the Yankees and Boston have loaded up. I say, all in for a complete rebuild, stop wasting time, money and what fans are left, their time too. This team may eclipse 100 losses.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rasmus will make little difference in B'more. What we really needed to compete was solid pitching and we got none. Both Cashner & Tillman are backend rotation guys, Gausman and Bundy middle of the rotation guys that while they have a few innings under their respective belts, should be middle of rotation guys with two solid starters with more of a pedigree in front of them. It is apparent the O's are not trying to win since both the Yankees and Boston have loaded up. I say, all in for a complete rebuild, stop wasting time, money and what fans are left, their time too. This team may eclipse 100 losses.
The rebuilding process should've started back at the deadline this past July. Would've been smart to trade Britton and Machado to get something back since we all know he's gone at the end of this upcoming season. We could've gotten some solid pitching prospects for them I believe.
As for this year, if they say they're going for it, I don't see why they aren't going after the bigger names on the market. I don't understand how they think they're going to compete but not be willing to sign guys that would potentially make that happen. We're not going to probably get a wild card slot this season with what we have. The only guy in the rotation I really trust right now is Bundy.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rebuilding process should've started back at the deadline this past July. Would've been smart to trade Britton and Machado to get something back since we all know he's gone at the end of this upcoming season. We could've gotten some solid pitching prospects for them I believe.
As for this year, if they say they're going for it, I don't see why they aren't going after the bigger names on the market. I don't understand how they think they're going to compete but not be willing to sign guys that would potentially make that happen. We're not going to probably get a wild card slot this season with what we have. The only guy in the rotation I really trust right now is Bundy.

big names are not worth the money and years . bundy and harvey have frontline stuff . cortes will win 10 games . tilly will be back to tilly not sucky . i love hays and boom boom . we are back to growing our team .

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orioles have signed first baseman Pedro Alvarez to a minor league contract, Roch Kubatko of MASNsports.com tweets. The deal includes an invitation to big league camp.

Alvarez will earn a $1MM salary and have a chance at $2MM in performance bonuses if he makes the Orioles, according to Rich Dubroff of PressBoxonline.com (Twitter link).

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pedro is if davis or trumbo gets hurt . no way we can have those 3 on the team at the same time . santander has to be up 42 games .

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 years, $60 million and it is a done deal.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they say 56 mill with deferred money every year . bundy , gausman , cashner cobb and tilly 5th starter .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that Wright will probably make a couple of starts until Cobb is ready for action and then will go to the bullpen since he's out of options. My optimal rotation (if Cobb was ready on opening day) would probably go something like this:

Cobb
Bundy
Cashner
Gausman
Tillman

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next year cobb will be our weakest link . if tilly struggles look for hunter harvey up by the end of the year . next year i see scott , sedlock and harvey knocking on the door . buck hinted that if not for cobb harvey was leading in the fifth starter this year so stay healthy you 3 .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that Wright will probably make a couple of starts until Cobb is ready for action and then will go to the bullpen since he's out of options. My optimal rotation (if Cobb was ready on opening day) would probably go something like this:

Cobb
Bundy
Cashner
Gausman
Tillman
cobb and cashner will drive bundy and gausman but they are our true 1 and 2 harvey up gausman would drop to 3 . going out on a limb but if the pitching does it's job manny may decide to stay in baltimore with schoop money isn't everything but winning is .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well looks like castro to aaa also hays down will be 2 of the moves gentry will stay and i see alot of playing time for santander in the of . so what do they do with cortes bp arm are sent back ? edgin and j rod both have out performed him . valencia should be our super sub since you can always move beckham to2nd and short or schoop . i hope we take sisco please to be caleb partner .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well looks like castro to aaa also hays down will be 2 of the moves gentry will stay and i see alot of playing time for santander in the of . so what do they do with cortes bp arm are sent back ? edgin and j rod both have out performed him . valencia should be our super sub since you can always move beckham to2nd and short or schoop . i hope we take sisco please to be caleb partner .
Well, if Flaherty decides not to accept his minor league assignment with Philly, he'd be a possibility to come back in the super sub role I'd imagine.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if Flaherty decides not to accept his minor league assignment with Philly, he'd be a possibility to come back in the super sub role I'd imagine.
dam i was hoping we was over him .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what other team has more home grown mlb players on it ? i have 1manny 2 schoop 3 caleb 4 bundy 5 wright 6 sisco 7 bundy 8 gausman 9 britton 10 boom boom . while mullins and hays is ready but will have to wait in the minors mountcastle is the real deal at thrid will be pushing for the bigs this year . sedlock , harvey and scott all 3 could be ready to help this team . yaco is ready he makes brach leaving not matter . i would argue tilly is home grown due to his age when we got him .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems we have to make room for 4 on the 40 man . me i would go lee , ynoa ,rickard and asher