• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 EPL Season Thread

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, not great by Spurs dropping points to BHA. Can't let down the rest of the season and let Chelsea slip into 4th.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point for Brighton. Really looks like it might be three established teams (West Brom, Stoke, Southampton) that get relegated this year. I wonder what the odds would have been for that at the start of the season.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point for Brighton. Really looks like it might be three established teams (West Brom, Stoke, Southampton) that get relegated this year. I wonder what the odds would have been for that at the start of the season.

Pretty surprising for none of the newly promoted teams to drop back down.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty tacky by Everton management. You expect something like this from the press maybe but not team management.

Zero or hero? Everton fans to assess Sam Allardyce’s abilities as manager

Speaking of Everton this morning I heard that Shakhtar Donetsk coach Paulo Fonseca will be the next Everton coach possibly.
but..."The club sent the same questions to the panel at the end of last season", so it's not something new or done specifically because of Sam.

They'll definitely have a new manger. Allardyce was just a quick fix and the only person really available since the season had started.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but..."The club sent the same questions to the panel at the end of last season", so it's not something new or done specifically because of Sam.

They'll definitely have a new manger. Allardyce was just a quick fix and the only person really available since the season had started.

And we'd been rejected by better options IIRC... Anyway, after watching Sam's team selections and tactics for a few months, yeah, time to get rid of the fat bastard! (BTW, I did not respond to the questionaire. :D ).

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we'd been rejected by better options IIRC... Anyway, after watching Sam's team selections and tactics for a few months, yeah, time to get rid of the fat bastard! (BTW, I did not respond to the questionaire. :D ).
Big Sam's specialty is keeping teams from being relegated, i.e. playing not to lose or for a draw. That and being a bagman, corrupt bastage.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Sam's specialty is keeping teams from being relegated, i.e. playing not to lose or for a draw. That and being a bagman, corrupt bastage.

Yeah, he is certainly the crown prince of negative tactics...

I mean hell, the way we have lined up against the likes of Swansea, Burnley and West Brom is infuriating!!!

We try parking the bus against Arsenal and are down 4-0 at half? LOL!!! Seriously WTF?!!

So yeah... Thing is, I don't think we were ever going down, whether we kept Koeman or Unsworth or whomever. We have blind squirrels for a roster, but they would have found enough nuts to keep Everton up I'd imagine...

Strangest thing really has/have/had been our transfers. Like, you paid millions!!! You gonna use these guys or what?

Sandro
Klaasen
Vlasic

Never given a chance!!! What's funny is that with all of them it seems their old clubs (Or better clubs) are basically telling Everton, "Ummm hey, if you aren't going to use those guys, we'll take them!"...

Then we have guys like Lookman... Only looks good every time we play him (Though the sample size is admittedly small..), who never plays and then gets loaned out to Leipzig..

Looked like we were headed that way with Cenk Tosun as well, but it seems he was begrudgingly put in finally and he's done well...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. I didn't even know this board existed. Now I found it and this thread just as the season is ending. lol

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. I didn't even know this board existed. Now I found it and this thread just as the season is ending. lol
200.gif

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chelsea keeping their champions league hopes alive with a win today. They're now 5 back of Spurs with 4 to go.

Spurs remaining schedule:
Watford
at West Brom
Newcastle
Leicester City

Chelsea remaining schedule:
Swansea
Liverpool
Huddersfield
at Newcastle

Magic number is 7 for Spurs.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liverpool aren't safe yet either. Can't really afford to rest players for the Champions league semis yet.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he should have. Though it was announced as his decision, I have a feeling he was asked to step down gracefully, or get sacked.

I think the FA cup saved his job last yr. But this yr, even a Europa cup won't do the trick. Squad is trending in the wrong direction the last few seasons....really they should have finished behind Spurs 3 years in a row. Actually, that may be the biggest driver in his departure. Can't allow your rivals to show you up consistently.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two Games against the Baggies in league play, two magical points. :L

Very disappointing watching this team blow a two goal lead that late. Christ Chelsea has a decent chance to get a top 4 spot now. Don’t see how Liverpool finishes any better then 4th. Needed 3 points today.

On a side note West Brom is absolutely retarded if they don’t hire Darren Moore.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
United in the FA cup finals.

All things considered this has been a solid year for United. Only disappointing part was being eliminated by Sevilla in Champions League but they're going to finish 2nd or 3rd in the EPL, made the FA Cup finals, and made it to knockout stage of CL.