• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 Champions League

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate Madrid but I would mind seeing Rinaldo win another.

I'm saying that though
Bayern Munich > Liverpool > Roma > Madrid
I think pretty much everyone except RM fans want any of the other 3 to win it.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate Madrid but I would mind seeing Rinaldo win another.

I'm saying that though
Bayern Munich > Liverpool > Roma > Madrid

I have no problem with Real Madrid... I hate Ronaldo though.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bayern Munich the only team in Europe left with the hope of winning The Treble still. Bundesliga wrapped up, one more game in the DFB Pokal to win, 3 games in UCL left (hopefully).

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liverpool > Roma > Bayern > nuclear holocaust > Real

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have at least 3 in the 1st half today. Wasted opportunities like these make me nervous.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mo making me feel a little bit better about things though.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, it sure looked like Roma hadn't watched a single Liverpool game in their preparation. It could/should have been 7-0 or 8-0 at one point. Of course, we had to concede a couple of late goals to keep things interesting.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im all in on Liverpool

Love Klop, love the attacking style and Mohammad Salah has been every bit as good as any player in the entire world this season

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a Bayern Munich fan, that was about as inept of a display of goal scoring prowess as I have seen in awhile. Lewey, Ribery, Muller should be ashamed of themselves with those opportunities. Especially Lewey and Ribery. Very disappointing. How many missed opportunities? Their lack of depth hurt today too. Oh would I have loved to have seen Neuer today. Today they needed him and also Alaba and Coman too. And their age. Old men Robben and Boatang hurt again. How many times does Boatang pull a hamstring? Ugh!!! Not dead yet but in real trouble. They are going to need some healthy bodies next game.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Bayern isn't going to win I have to root for Liverpool to prevent the three-peat. I'm getting real tired of UEFA's shenanigans. If they really wanted RM-Liverpool so badly, why didn't they just draw them for the semifinals. :frusty:

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly I follow football in Europe a bit casually, so it was an interesting read on ESPNFC today about how Roma had to sell Salah to be eligible for Champions League play this year since they otherwise would have been in violation of Financial Fair Play for failing to balance their books.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liverpool > Roma > Bayern > nuclear holocaust > Real

Since Bayern and Roma seem dead in the water, my two cents on who is left:

Liverpool > that stuff you drink before a colonoscopy > Real Madrid

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Bayern isn't going to win I have to root for Liverpool to prevent the three-peat. I'm getting real tired of UEFA's shenanigans. If they really wanted RM-Liverpool so badly, why didn't they just draw them for the semifinals. :frusty:

Bayern is not totally dead yet but do they have enough bodies for the second leg. In the same boat last year and got Leg 2 into OT. Already no Coman and Vidal. Not sure what Alaba's injury is now. Robben and Boateng are probably long gone too and maybe Javi with his concussion. Who will play next week? Since they need goals and Lewandowski has been flopping in big games like this (audition for Real not going so well?) do they start Wagner and Lewandowski up front with Muller in the Robben spot? Alaba was a late scratch so hopefully he is there and they go with Alaba, Hummels, Sule, Kimmich in the back and leave Rafinha (him of the woeful pass that ended up being the winng goal) stuck on the bench.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a Bayern Munich fan, that was about as inept of a display of goal scoring prowess as I have seen in awhile. Lewey, Ribery, Muller should be ashamed of themselves with those opportunities. Especially Lewey and Ribery. Very disappointing. How many missed opportunities? Their lack of depth hurt today too. Oh would I have loved to have seen Neuer today. Today they needed him and also Alaba and Coman too. And their age. Old men Robben and Boatang hurt again. How many times does Boatang pull a hamstring? Ugh!!! Not dead yet but in real trouble. They are going to need some healthy bodies next game.

I think Kovac has some decisions to make for next season.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Bayern and Roma seem dead in the water, my two cents on who is left:

Liverpool > that stuff you drink before a colonoscopy > Real Madrid

Hahahahaha, I’m with you. But I can see Roma pulling this out. They need to beat Liverpool by the same score they beat Barca. An Liverpool’s defense is much worse then Barca’s. I can see it happening.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kovac has some decisions to make for next season.

Big decisions definitely:

1) Get younger. Boateng hints he wants out. Robben should retire. Maybe even Javi too. Ribbery no UCL goals in 3 years. Vidal is gone with the Goretzka signing.
2) What to do up front. Lewandowski may want to leave, but is he really what Real Madrid and Manchester United want? Fattens his stats in Bundesliga but in the big games epic fail. And he is hitting 30 here soon in age. Bayern has scored one goal in their last 3 UCL games. (remember 2 were deflected against Sevilla). I need to see more Salah out of Lewandowski. What about those aging wingers? Coman is one if he can stay healthy.
3) Better depth. Injuries have killed them. When Rafinha is your first option for an injury fill in, you have depth problems. And that killed them. Why is Bayern paying good money to second rate players like Bernat, Rafinha, Tolisso? Tolisso a record signing and only 1 Cap for France. Look at Real's bench compared to Bayern's.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big decisions definitely:

1) Get younger. Boateng hints he wants out. Robben should retire. Maybe even Javi too. Ribbery no UCL goals in 3 years. Vidal is gone with the Goretzka signing.
2) What to do up front. Lewandowski may want to leave, but is he really what Real Madrid and Manchester United want? Fattens his stats in Bundesliga but in the big games epic fail. And he is hitting 30 here soon in age. Bayern has scored one goal in their last 3 UCL games. (remember 2 were deflected against Sevilla). I need to see more Salah out of Lewandowski. What about those aging wingers? Coman is one if he can stay healthy.
3) Better depth. Injuries have killed them. When Rafinha is your first option for an injury fill in, you have depth problems. And that killed them. Why is Bayern paying good money to second rate players like Bernat, Rafinha, Tolisso? Tolisso a record signing and only 1 Cap for France. Look at Real's bench compared to Bayern's.

Yep. I like Ribery a lot, he's been a great player, and is a character (the good kind), but it's time for him to hang it up. Robben as well, he has flashes of greatness, but too inconsistent nowadays, especially against great teams like RM.

I'll be curious to see where Vidal ends up, my guess is back to Serie A, or maybe to the EPL depending on the team/manager.