• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 Champions League

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man City in huge trouble. No road goals puts them in a bigger hole. Oh Pep your team peeked too soon. If Liverpool scores just one goal in the next leg, Man City needs 5 goals. They could be doomed here. Hope Salah is ok.

Manchester City vs. Liverpool - Football Match Report - September 9, 2017 - ESPN

giphy.gif

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bayern comes back but.....I knew there would be problems with Juan Bernat starting. WTF Jupp! Bernat needs to stick to games against Mainz, Koln, and Hamburg not UCL quarterfinals. James comes in and everything settles down. Why James didn't start, I have no idea.

Is Bayern credited with 2 away goals, or only 1?

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a decision to make last week. Take a half day yesterday to watch Liverpool or take a half day today to watch Red Sox home opener.

I went with Liverpool. I wasn't disappointed.

Was prepared for City to comeback and at least get 1, which would have been huge. Like was said earlier, the clean sheet means Liverpool just needs 1 goal next week to clinch the tiebreaker. Massive.

As long as they do finish this thing, everything from here on out is gravy for LFC. I said coming in my goals for them were finish top 3, get to the quarterfinals of the UCL and (depending on the draw) be competitive.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a decision to make last week. Take a half day yesterday to watch Liverpool or take a half day today to watch Red Sox home opener.

I went with Liverpool. I wasn't disappointed.

Was prepared for City to comeback and at least get 1, which would have been huge. Like was said earlier, the clean sheet means Liverpool just needs 1 goal next week to clinch the tiebreaker. Massive.

As long as they do finish this thing, everything from here on out is gravy for LFC. I said coming in my goals for them were finish top 3, get to the quarterfinals of the UCL and (depending on the draw) be competitive.
At this point, I think Liverpool is playing better overall than City. IMO the biggest difference is that City started the season extremely well whereas Liverpool was kind of "meh", but since mid Oct, I think Liverpool has played just as well, if not better than City, in all competitions. Salah has really hit his stride, an Oxlade-Chamberlain has had a huge impact since coming in.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I think Liverpool is playing better overall than City. IMO the biggest difference is that City started the season extremely well whereas Liverpool was kind of "meh", but since mid Oct, I think Liverpool has played just as well, if not better than City, in all competitions. Salah has really hit his stride, an Oxlade-Chamberlain has had a huge impact since coming in.
In City's defense, they have been so far ahead in the table that they were bound to let up a bit. Ox took a while to assimilate but has been very good, especially since the new year. Salah has been the best player in the league. Hard to believe that's the same guy who was playing for Chelsea. Breaking all sorts of records.

And that strike by Ox yesterday was excellent.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember this all too well at Bayern with Pep :(

Guardiola's vanity costs him again
I've never rated Pep as high as most. Not saying he's a bad manager, he's just not all that.

He gets all the credit for Barca's success from around 08-14, but while he did refine the "tiki-taka" style, he didn't create it, Johan Cruyff and Frank Rijkaard built that Barca team with mostly players from La Masia ( Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol, Pique etc)

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast Barca!

That was a choke. Thank you Roma for eliminating another one of the big boys. Never expected Barca to blow a 4-1 aggregate. Hell I didn't expect them to get shut out. Wow!

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting calls in Man City game today early on. And then Pep got the boot lol. Liverpool and Roma if they meet one will get a shot in the finals. That would be interesting.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barca OUT! Wow, what a comeback.

and man, Liverpool definitely has Man City's number. 3 in a row against them now. Maybe Spurs can knock off Man City coming up in EPL play too and make things a little more interesting in the league.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barca OUT! Wow, what a comeback.

and man, Liverpool definitely has Man City's number. 3 in a row against them now. Maybe Spurs can knock off Man City coming up in EPL play too and make things a little more interesting in the league.

So if Arsenal win Europa, you don't want to finish 4th in EPL, right? So Spurs need to knock off Man City.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Arsenal win Europa, you don't want to finish 4th in EPL, right? So Spurs need to knock off Man City.

No, they changed that.

Man U won Europa last year and top 4 in EPL still went along with Man U.

The new rules are top 4 are in unless both the winner of Europa and finalist of Champions league finish outside the top 4, since those 2 are auto qualifiers. So, if Chelsea won UCL this year, that might be a threat to Spurs.

Either way, I'd like them to push up and try to get to 2nd.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a choke. Thank you Roma for eliminating another one of the big boys. Never expected Barca to blow a 4-1 aggregate. Hell I didn't expect them to get shut out. Wow!
Roma were clearly the better side over both legs. I’m mean they did score 6 of the 8 goals.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting calls in Man City game today early on. And then Pep got the boot lol. Liverpool and Roma if they meet one will get a shot in the finals. That would be interesting.
Lots of bad blood and violence between Roma and Liverpool, so even though it’s “random “,
they may keep them apart.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dzeko is such an underrated player. He has really played well the past few seasons with Roma.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dzeko is such an underrated player. He has really played well the past few seasons with Roma.
Very underrated. He owned Pique the whole night, if not for some good saves by Ter Stegen, he would have had a couple more goals.