• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Season Thread

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Jimmy really hurt right now or are the Bulls gonna trade him?

I love getting young guys with potential. But Jimmy is a 20 point guy and play D on the opposing teams SF - a must right now in the NBA.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they say its the right heel. Look how long Taj and Noah missed games due to plantar fasitis over the past two years. He is letting people know he is open to recruiting Carmelo but Garpax are not the type to cater to anyones wants. If it appears Jimmy wants to build the roster like LeBron, then I can see him getting moved. Jimmy is the heart of the team and expects the team to step up to the challenge of keeping up and competing, so it is a terrible move if they trade him. Just too many egos in the bulls front office.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. I get the trade, Gibson was not going to take another half market value contract, but they lost a solid player who can calm the locker room down. Was listening to a great interview this morning of someone trying to bait Gibson into saying Jimmy is a pain, Hoiberg cant coach, all he did was say how great of a coach thibbs was and fred is a different type of players coach.

Pretty funny on sportscenter doing an in memoriam for Russ Westbrooks dance partner. Payne is the key to the trade, but it feels like the bulls are hoping he learned everything from Westbrook. I dont know why they had to give up a pick though, but there is limited space on this roster.

So from Paxsons view, Portis will play more, Valentine will play more, you build with Butler, not around Butler.

Sounds like he was saying that he was upset that Portis and Valentine were not in the rotation all year.

Bulls did not disappoint, brought back us guessing whether they have any real plan. Sounds like Pax wanted Butler to be traded for those first round picks. Mike and Gar would only agree if part of Bostons core was returned. I guess we see how Jimmy took Paxsons comments starting tonight.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. I get the trade, Gibson was not going to take another half market value contract, but they lost a solid player who can calm the locker room down. Was listening to a great interview this morning of someone trying to bait Gibson into saying Jimmy is a pain, Hoiberg cant coach, all he did was say how great of a coach thibbs was and fred is a different type of players coach.

Pretty funny on sportscenter doing an in memoriam for Russ Westbrooks dance partner. Payne is the key to the trade, but it feels like the bulls are hoping he learned everything from Westbrook. I dont know why they had to give up a pick though, but there is limited space on this roster.

So from Paxsons view, Portis will play more, Valentine will play more, you build with Butler, not around Butler.

Sounds like he was saying that he was upset that Portis and Valentine were not in the rotation all year.

Bulls did not disappoint, brought back us guessing whether they have any real plan. Sounds like Pax wanted Butler to be traded for those first round picks. Mike and Gar would only agree if part of Bostons core was returned. I guess we see how Jimmy took Paxsons comments starting tonight.
This trade just solidifies my stance on the bulls this year. I am not giving the bulls one cent of my hard earned money. This move was a salary dump. We got nobody worth a shit in return, just a trade exception. They didn't trade Jimmy because Jimmy puts people in the seats and gets people buying jerseys. Boston wasn't going to send anyone to take over that mantle of putting butts in seats. High draft picks do not attract people to games this year. This organization is merely a cash cow to fund the White Sox. I used to deny this, but it has become increasingly apparent with their lack of moves to get better. Once they brought in Wade, I knew this team only cares about selling tickets. It will be a long while before they can compete again. This front office needs to be torn up, but they are making reinsdorf money in lieu of rebuilding, so they won't.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little surprised that the Pacers did not make the PG deal with the Lakers. I think the bulls have worked hard at making Jimmy sound like a problem child, but the dysfunction starts in the front office, so how do they expect the rest to operate.

That pick is what I really questioned. Sure seemed like the pick should have come the bulls way with Taj being a key piece. That Lavergne guy should just be bought out since he will be getting in Portis way as well.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC got some nice pieces.

Bulls got another round of "let's cross our fingers" :hope:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payne was the 14th pick of the draft, known more as a hybrid. Today on NBA tv, everyone is still trying to figure out what chicago is doing. 6 point guards on the roster, 9 players under 6'5 did I hear?

Somehow, Taj and McBuckets got in OKC's game last night, but did the bulls play anyone returned? What is it going to be a week of practices?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trade was pointless. the 2 best players in the trade were players from the Bulls. I think they gave up on McDermott to soon. We got nothing in return. If we got Roberson then I would be ok with it. Pointless trade that made the bulls worse at 3pt (didn't think we can get worse) and we lost our bull dog.

I understand trading Gibson because we weren't going to sign him but we got nothing in return.

Hey at least we won on the Rose Trade. Lopez and Grant playing well.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Front office needs to go. They are so bad.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trade was pointless. the 2 best players in the trade were players from the Bulls. I think they gave up on McDermott to soon. We got nothing in return. If we got Roberson then I would be ok with it. Pointless trade that made the bulls worse at 3pt (didn't think we can get worse) and we lost our bull dog.

I understand trading Gibson because we weren't going to sign him but we got nothing in return.

Hey at least we won on the Rose Trade. Lopez and Grant playing well.

Grant plays well in spurts, but nobody has been able to take this point guard job. Makes you wonder how bad it really was with Rose, but then again, Rose was at the point where butler and wade are now, except there was less finding the open man. That last 3 niko hit was jimmy penetrating, having 3 or 4 around him and finding niko at the line.

I dont know what is going on with niko, but he is actually starting to play defense. Even late in the game he ended up on a switch with a guard in the corner and did a good job of using the out of bound lines as a trap. I think he ended up hitting a tough shot, but it was still good D. Usually we would have seen the guard go right around him for a 12 footer.

Denzel needs to stop wiping off his shoes, he looks girlish. He is also photobombing alot to get on TV, so he seems like a fun guy that Jimmy will like to play with.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant plays well in spurts, but nobody has been able to take this point guard job. Makes you wonder how bad it really was with Rose, but then again, Rose was at the point where butler and wade are now, except there was less finding the open man. That last 3 niko hit was jimmy penetrating, having 3 or 4 around him and finding niko at the line.

I dont know what is going on with niko, but he is actually starting to play defense. Even late in the game he ended up on a switch with a guard in the corner and did a good job of using the out of bound lines as a trap. I think he ended up hitting a tough shot, but it was still good D. Usually we would have seen the guard go right around him for a 12 footer.

Denzel needs to stop wiping off his shoes, he looks girlish. He is also photobombing alot to get on TV, so he seems like a fun guy that Jimmy will like to play with.
I think niko plays better with more mins. Seems like he needs more mins to get going. When he shares min seems like he loses interest.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Thibbs dog house was a tough place to be. He played Payne the entire second quarter, 2-3 from 3 point range, 2 turnovers, did not get back in the game.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..............and then the shit the bed game against Denver, looking ahead to Thursday.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoiberg gone yea? If he doesn't make the playoffs? He seemed to never be really welcomed in Chicago from the beginning.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoiberg gone yea? If he doesn't make the playoffs? He seemed to never be really welcomed in Chicago from the beginning.
That's what I asked the girl that just called me asking why I have not yet renewed my season tickets.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been a very up and down season but I don't think Cavs or Boston wants to play the Bulls because you don't know what Bulls team you will see.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im torn right now. 2 options for next year.
1) You trade Butler and rebuild fully and you take 1 of Boston players and the at least 2 1st rd picks. I would wait to make sure Boston gets the #1 pick. This way you draft Ball or Fultz and you build around them. I would go ball because of the need at PG.

2) You build around Butler the right way.

In my opinion If you are going to rebuild this is the time to do it because there is a chance Boston gets the #1 pick. We have a lot of cap so we can also bring someone in to help build this team. I will miss Butler but his stock is very high right now and boston has the best assets.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will see, but the Cavs cannot afford to rest anyone with the heat game coming up if they want to keep the #1 spot. So if Kyrie, James and Love rest with the heat game, then there is a pretty good sign that cavs would rather drop to 2 and not play the bulls. All the bulls need to do is beat Orlando and Brooklyn to guarantee the 8 seed, while the heat need to beat the cavs and wizards, while the pacers get the 76ers and the hawks.

I think the funny part will be if the cavs fall to 2 and the bulls jump to 7.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls looking good to clinch tonight. Up big on Brooklyn in the first.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot believe I feel bad for the Heat. 11-30 start of the season to end up being tied for 8th running off a 30-11 final half record.

Bulls in quite the position to make a run if they knock off the celtics and get the 4-5 winner next round.