• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Offseason Moves.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2/$6.5 mil for Stanton. The deal includes significant incentives. That's basically what he was making before.

Bringing Stanton back tells me what they think about Barkley.
This move says to me they will probably grab a QB on day three of the draft and let him and Barkley battle it out for the third spot. With the rook winning if they are close or he's only a little behind after pre-season.

Also looks like most of the major names at DE in FA aren't coming to the desert. Not that that's a bad thing. It feels like there are teams over paying when it's a very deep draft for that position.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move says to me they will probably grab a QB on day three of the draft and let him and Barkley battle it out for the third spot. With the rook winning if they are close or he's only a little behind after pre-season.

Also looks like most of the major names at DE in FA aren't coming to the desert. Not that that's a bad thing. It feels like there are teams over paying when it's a very deep draft for that position.

Sucks the Cards don't have more money. Much rather have a proven DE than hoping Keim nails it in the draft. He's been generally above average, but he's also had a few major misses.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins just rescinded the transition tag on Olivier Vernon. Meaning, they give up their right to match & they don't have to pay him $12 mil for the season if he had signed the tag.

That is who Keim should target. I like him better than any other pass rushing FA this year.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not a bad replacement for Rashad. Better in the run game, but not as good as Rashad in coverage. This likely puts us out of the running for any pass rushers.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew? Apparently the Cards like Swearinger more than they like Jefferson.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WalterFootball Grade for signing Branch.

cardinalsb_logo.gifCardinals sign S Tyvon Branch (2 years, $10M; $5M guaranteed): A- Grade
What a steal. Tyvon Branch is a solid safety when he's actually on the field, and the Cardinals desperately needed one after their starters were torched by Cam Newton in the NFC Championship. This is a great, cheap solution.

The only reason this isn't an "A" or higher is because of Branch's dubious injury history. Branch didn't miss any time last year, but he played just five games in the two seasons prior, so the Cardinals can't exactly count on him to stay healthy. However, they're barely risking anything here, as $5 million guaranteed for a quality starting safety is a great price.

Read more at 2016 NFL Free Agent Grades: WalterFootball.com

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$6 mil for an average starting RT. Ranked 47 by PFF for tackles.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks the Cards don't have more money. Much rather have a proven DE than hoping Keim nails it in the draft. He's been generally above average, but he's also had a few major misses.
I hear ya. However, the team does need to start bringing in young talent. Weren't the Cards one of the oldest teams in the league last season? That isn't sustainable. If they don't start getting younger across the board there is gonna be a major crash and rebuilding phase in the near future.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. However, the team does need to start bringing in young talent. Weren't the Cards one of the oldest teams in the league last season? That isn't sustainable. If they don't start getting younger across the board there is gonna be a major crash and rebuilding phase in the near future.

They really aren't that old if you remove Freeney & Carson from the equation.

Since 2012 they have consistently gotten younger each season.

2012 - 26.91 (29)
2013 - 26.79 (30)
2014 - 26.6 (27)
2015 - 26.35 (22)

The problem is that the Cardinals routinely sign older veterans for cheap right before the season or in-season that inflates the teams overall age. With Freeney, Rashad, Massie, Larsen, & sendlein all likely gone, this team will be near the top half of youngest teams.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really aren't that old if you remove Freeney & Carson from the equation.

Since 2012 they have consistently gotten younger each season.

2012 - 26.91 (29)
2013 - 26.79 (30)
2014 - 26.6 (27)
2015 - 26.35 (22)

The problem is that the Cardinals routinely sign older veterans for cheap right before the season or in-season that inflates the teams overall age. With Freeney, Rashad, Massie, Larsen, & sendlein all likely gone, this team will be near the top half of youngest teams.
Well, Branch is only a year younger than Rashad, but I see your point, I just hope Humphries can step up this year.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Branch is only a year younger than Rashad, but I see your point, I just hope Humphries can step up this year.

I've already written Humphries off. He was invisible last year in a year where a first round pick had a lot of opportunity to get some snaps in at some point at his position. The guy appears to be defective. You obviously have to give him another year just because...but I'd be moving forward assuming he wasn't there.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already written Humphries off. He was invisible last year in a year where a first round pick had a lot of opportunity to get some snaps in at some point at his position. The guy appears to be defective. You obviously have to give him another year just because...but I'd be moving forward assuming he wasn't there.
Yeah, I don't feel he has the mental toughness to play OT in the NFL. He could have a change of heart, but if not maybe they can kick him inside. This season might be a touch rough early for the offense as they lost a good bit of stability and the line will likely take a few weeks to gel. I just hope they can keep Palmer up right for the time he needs to dish it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is Sowell is stopping by for a visit to Seattle. Any opinions of him?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is Sowell is stopping by for a visit to Seattle. Any opinions of him?

He's a stand-up guy that is a true pro. He's not someone that you should be happy about starting for you though. There's a reason he hasn't started most years he's played. Great guy for depth.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sowell is strictly a backup swing tackle & special teams tackle. He is not athletic enough to play tackle on a regular basis, but to big to play guard. A good team guy who can be active on gameday & fill many different roles.

Although it says something about you when you don't enter the conversation to start after the team's starting RT is suspended & the future starting RT, a 1st round pick, isn't ready to play.

I wouldn't mind having him back at his previous salary if he can't find better elsewhere.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, thanks guys.