• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Dodgers Trade Rumors

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, just last year Villan was saying how Puig was one of the best outfielders in baseball, I mean my God Sabermetrics proves that, i kept telling him, other than Puigs first year, he has been average "at best". While I have been hoping that he would eventually come around and be the player he was his first year, that just seems like it isn't going to happen.

Just "another" subject Villian was wrong about!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These trades happen occationally, but they are few and far between.

Mitchell + for Davis + in the late 80s

Alomar for McGriff in the 90s

Wasnt there a decent sized star 4 star trade just a few years back??
Yeah, off the top of your head you're listing 3-ish in the last 30 or so years, which is just more evidence to my point. It's rare.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the team stands pat, no use overpaying for anything UNLESS they receive a team controlled contract in return.

Bats have perked up well, JT rebounding.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favorite tweets this week (the linked tweet was asking if the Dodgers should trade for Jay Bruce):

Bruce hit 4 home runs as the Reds took 2 out of 3. It's Wednesday. Time to pull the trigger?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, off the top of your head you're listing 3-ish in the last 30 or so years, which is just more evidence to my point. It's rare.

Villian tells us he's right yet again!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres and Braves trade the bad investments that the Dodgers dumped on them lol; Kemp for Olivera. Friedman must be having a good laugh...

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodges and A’s are in agreement on a deal that will bring Josh Reddick and Rich Hill to Los Angeles, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (Twitter links). Young righty Jharel Cotton will be at least part of the package heading to Oakland in the swap, but he’s not the headliner, per Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports, who tweets that several other youngsters will change hands. MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodges and A’s are in agreement on a deal that will bring Josh Reddick and Rich Hill to Los Angeles, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (Twitter links). Young righty Jharel Cotton will be at least part of the package heading to Oakland in the swap, but he’s not the headliner, per Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports, who tweets that several other youngsters will change hands. MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Deal also includes Mantas and Grant Holmes to the A's in addition to Cotton.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so here's the final tally for the Non-Waiver Trade Deadline:

Dodgers added

Rich Hill, LHSP
Josh Reddick, OF
Josh Fields, RP
Jesse Chavez, RP

Dodgers gave up

Jharel Cotton, SP/RP (?)
Grant Holmes, SP
Frankie Montas, SP/RP (?)
Mike Bolsinger, SP/RP (?)
Yordan Alvarez, 1B/OF

--------------------------------------------------------

The first thing I saw when I woke up this morning was the Hill/Reddick trade and I was surprised to see three huge names from the Dodgers in the trade. That's three Top 10 prospects from the Dodgers. Steep price.

Then, I thought about it some more, and I'm glad they're pitching prospects. The Dodgers only have a million pitching prospects. It's not Julio Urias. It's not Jose De Leon.

To be honest, the names that I was most afraid about seeing included in a trade from the Dodgers were the two I just mentioned, Cody Bellinger, Willie Calhoun, and Alex Verdugo. I see Bellinger knocking on the door as the Dodgers 1B of the future. I see Alex Verdugo knocking on the door as the next young OF to come up. Willie Calhoun might be the Dodgers next big thing in the infield.

Grant Holmes leaving stings, but he's had kind of a down year. In a year that him and Brock Stewart started at the same level, Holmes hasn't been promoted but Stewart flew like a rocket into the bigs (even for just one start). Frankie Montas has been injured and brings a lot of risk with him. Cotton has seemingly never stopped knocking on the door to the big league roster for about a year now, and the Dodgers keep passing over him with guys like Stewart, Urias, etc.

Still sucks to lose those three guys, but it was from an area the Dodgers have a lot of depth and the players coming back are really, really good. Rich Hill, in limiting innings, has been one of the most dominant pitchers in the AL. The Dodgers need to fill the Andre Ethier hole - here comes Josh Reddick. Good players come with expensive price tags.

Regarding the two relievers, meh. They both have excellent K/BB numbers but both give up too many homers. So, I guess we'll find out what happens there Mike Bolsinger was done with the Dodgers. Yordan Alvarez is at least like 5 years away from the bigs. I'd rather take a flyer on those two and have one work out, than trade Willie Calhoun for Andrew Miller or something like that.