• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-2017 Dodgers Offseason Thread

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone keeps matching up the Dodgers and the Tigers in trade rumors, especially regarding Ian Kinsler. As I pointed out earlier (not like anyone needed me to), the Dodgers have a sore need at 2B and in the "able-to-hit-lefties" department. He fits the bill perfectly.

Rumors have it that the Tigers would want Cody Bellinger (Dodgers' 1b-of-the-future). Kinsler has a no-trade clause that includes the Dodgers. And finally, Ian Kinsler's agent was quoted as saying that Kinsler will waive his no-trade clause with the caveat that the team he is traded to will need to work out a contract extension.

Kinsler is 34 years old, under contract through age 36. That doesn't seem like the profile of a player that the Dodgers would want to be in extension talks with, so we'll see what Guggenheim does.

Personally, those conditions make me believe the Dodgers will work harder for a trade with Minnesota for Brian Dozier. He's only 29 and fits the Dodgers needs even better than Kinsler, probably at a similar cost in terms of prospects.

Kinsler would be great! Dozier is younger but could frustrate with the average. Seems like Kinsler always puts up good numbers. Regardless, we have to do something about 2B. Should be very interesting.