• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 2 - Hawks vs Wild

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vermette has been doing a nice job. Still think this gets easier when he gets back with Kane and Sharp.

that would be so nice. Teuvo has shown responsibility defensively. Maybe we eventually get to the point of Teuvo as the second line center when he should be for the next 5 years.

For now though, I would also like to see Vermette on that second line with kane and sharp and Richards with the third liners. You gotta think eventually Q will move Bickell back up to the first or second line if he starts to heat up again.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May 2015
Date ..............Visitor Home Time (CT) TV Network/Results
Tickets
Fri May 1, 2015 Wild Blackhawks 8:30 PM NBCSN, SN, TVA2 Tickets
Sun May 3, 2015 Wild Blackhawks 7:30 PM CBC, NBCSN, SN360, TVA2 Tickets
Tue May 5, 2015 Blackhawks Wild 7:00 PM NBCSN
Thu May 7, 2015 Blackhawks Wild 8:30 PM NBCSN
Sat May 9, 2015 Wild Blackhawks TBD
Tickets
Mon May 11, 2015 Blackhawks Wild
TBD

Wed May 13, 2015 Wild Blackhawks
TBD
Tickets

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't wanna wait until Friday!!! Should be an excellent series...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year the Wild were 17 - 17 - 7 on the road, this year 24 - 15 - 2. They also tied an NHL record with 12 in a row. That doesn't really mean anything but it shows the Wild are a better road team than they were last year.

The Wild are 18 - 0 - 1 when scoring 3 or more goals with Dubnyk in net...

The Wild were 1 - 14 on the PP this year against the Hawks, that has to change if they are to win this series.

The Wild are also a little more rested than they were last year, i'm not saying we win this series but they are a better team than they were last year and man this is gonna be a good one...

Last edited:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply put the wild need PP production. Been a main reason the Hawks beat us last two years.

Loved the way we played that series last year if we play like that again with Dubynk I like our chances. PP goals will make it better.

You can expect Parise and his line to be up for the challenge. That guy is always ready. The line to watch out for is Coyle, Vanek and probably Zucker(could be Nino again). Those guys are just waiting to bust out. Have played so well but have minimal to show for it.

Wild gotta get pucks on the net. Stop fanning, stop getting blocked 20 times and don't wait to make an unnecessary extra pass. Hawks D is struggling, go right at them!!

I am pumped for this series. Keep up our road play and steal home ice, then I'm feeling good!!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey... The Bulls a favorite? You just trying to make friends here?

I agree with your thoughts on the Charlie Coyle line, if we can get some production from Thomas Vanek that will be huge for the Wild... Leopold and Dumba playing well will be huge as well IMO...

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it Friday, yet? Hurry up and get here!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks biggest weaknesses are their 3rd defensive pairing and overall inconsistency outside of their handful of stars. Both the PK (10th) and PP (20th) were fairly middle-of-the-pack for the Hawks. Obviously Minnesota's PK was the best in the league (1st), the PP (27th) one of the worst. Overall scoring, Hawks come in 17th in goals for, 2nd in goals against. Wild at 12th and 6th, respectively. Wild have a "wild"card in Dubnyk, Hawks bring experience and the ability to find another gear in the playoffs. Hawks stars shine brighter, Wild have better depth. Should be a good series.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, fortunately Dubnyk was very average against the Blues. If the Blues had a decent goalie they probably would have won the series.

To be clear, this is NOT an alter ego of mine. I do not slag ALL goalies. :nono:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG... Puck drop cannot get here soon enough...

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its interesting that you guys also see the D struggling.
Hawks biggest weaknesses are their 3rd defensive pairing and overall inconsistency outside of their handful of stars. Both the PK (10th) and PP (20th) were fairly middle-of-the-pack for the Hawks. Obviously Minnesota's PK was the best in the league (1st), the PP (27th) one of the worst. Overall scoring, Hawks come in 17th in goals for, 2nd in goals against. Wild at 12th and 6th, respectively. Wild have a "wild"card in Dubnyk, Hawks bring experience and the ability to find another gear in the playoffs. Hawks stars shine brighter, Wild have better depth. Should be a good series.

Q is waiting for an opportune time to get Seabrook and Keith back together. The majority of the time its splitting the third pair between first and third. I am really confused as to why the coach has not even tried a different guy back there. Runblad has a better shot, Cumiskey has more speed, both end up out of position more, but for two guys that will probably only get 10 minutes a game, I cant see not trying to playing one of them.

Yes, the hawks need to plan to keep Minny under 2 goals a game, but they also need to score two to win if they do hold the Wild to 1.

PK is best with Nordstrom and Krueger, Hossa with Toews and Toews has been off PK for a while now, trying to get him on the ice after the PP to get against the visitors lower end. Thats what played when they were top in the league for the majority of the season. Its all about getting back to what works with Q during the playoffs, but without even 1 solid guy on the third pair, its impossible to put his top pair back together for an entire game.

I still think Vermette would find his game being on PK, so wonder if Toews would do more offensively when he gets the rush of the PK back.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey... The Bulls a favorite? You just trying to make friends here?

I agree with your thoughts on the Charlie Coyle line, if we can get some production from Thomas Vanek that will be huge for the Wild... Leopold and Dumba playing well will be huge as well IMO...

LMAO. No other sports in season right now and i don't like the NBA. Just pulling for Bulls because of Butler. Believe me, not actually a fan lol

I like what we have been getting out of Dumba/Leopold so far. Nothing flashy from the vet but he's been steady and Dumba has obviously been a big emergence. 1 of our advantages is blue line depth, those two have to keep it that way.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carcillo is cleared to play but will probably be a healthy scratch. I'd like to see him on the 4th line with Kruger & Shaw. Those 3 just click and can jump-start the other lines.

Local news earlier in the week made it sound like Versteeg was a healthy scratch, but Rotoworld is reporting that he does have a lower body injury. I know AI loves to hate him (and I usually defend Versteeg), but his series against the Preds was mostly terrible.

Hey Nos... have you heard anything locally about Adrian Peterson?

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TGIF!
Just need to struggle through one more day at the office.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carcillo is cleared to play but will probably be a healthy scratch. I'd like to see him on the 4th line with Kruger & Shaw. Those 3 just click and can jump-start the other lines.

Local news earlier in the week made it sound like Versteeg was a healthy scratch, but Rotoworld is reporting that he does have a lower body injury. I know AI loves to hate him (and I usually defend Versteeg), but his series against the Preds was mostly terrible.

Hey Nos... have you heard anything locally about Adrian Peterson?

Yeah, Steeger has some injury, Teuvo was slated in his place, I hope it stays that way with Teuvo on the third line, not pushing Desjardins up and putting Teuvo back on the fourth. I just want to see some juggling of lines this series with shaw, desjardins and teuvo bouncing back and forth between the third and fourth lines. You know bickell will get shot up if he starts scoring again.