• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 2 - Hawks vs Wild

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks 3-2 season record against them. But Wild are one of the hotter teams going down the stretch and into the playoffs. Not sure I feel good about this match-up?

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, fortunately Dubnyk was very average against the Blues. If the Blues had a decent goalie they probably would have won the series.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, fortunately Dubnyk was very average against the Blues. If the Blues had a decent goalie they probably would have won the series.

:L

:lol:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another blues disappointment was fun to see.

Cory better find his game. There really will be no margin for error, but hawks probably have the edge in just about every category other than goaltending, back 4.5 is closer since he keeps dressing Timonen, but I dont see that changing since its gonna be critical to keep this low scoring. I would almost rather see Q split up hammer and Oduya and keep Timo on the bench side so the worry of getting him off the ice goes away.

I dont know if there is a better team than the hawks of exposing a goalies weakness, its usually try to hit him in the helmet a few times, but there probably is not a better team letting said goalie off the hook by continuing to shoot the same way after he makes the adjustment.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackhawks: Bryan Bickell had 7 goals in 11 playoff games vs. the Wild over the last 2 seasons

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackhawks: Bryan Bickell had 7 goals in 11 playoff games vs. the Wild over the last 2 seasons

and 4 goals in 5 games this year... dude is a thorn, for sure.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't say that he was very average. He had one clunker in Game 4 - his worst game since joining the club, and it wasn't like he had any help in that game either. The team as a whole, stunk up the joint. He gave up one goal and stopped 66 shots in the next 2, and blanked them in game game 3.

Bottom line, is that the Wild controlled most of every game except game 4. A better goalie probably wouldn't have helped them.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, TWINS. Feel free to post over here during the series - respectfully, of course. :suds:

Thanks! I tend to remain objective for the most part. There might be 2 or 3 others if you don't mind. I don't see a need for 2 different threads. Should be a fun series!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks! I tend to remain objective for the most part. There might be 2 or 3 others if you don't mind. I don't see a need for 2 different threads. Should be a fun series!

Just speaking for myself, I don't mind at all. There's only a handful of Hawks posters on the site, anyway. Yep, should be a good one! This is probably the best team the Wild have ever had. Anything big on the injury front for you guys? Hawks are pretty healthy at the moment. Hopefully we see a relatively clean series.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that he was very average. He had one clunker in Game 4 - his worst game since joining the club, and it wasn't like he had any help in that game either. The team as a whole, stunk up the joint. He gave up one goal and stopped 66 shots in the next 2, and blanked them in game game 3.

Bottom line, is that the Wild controlled most of every game except game 4. A better goalie probably wouldn't have helped them.

After looking more closely you're obviously right. Take away the one clunker and Dubnyk played pretty well. Still, he proved he's human. Right? :hope::lol:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just figured out the problem. The stats on the site I was looking at hadn't yet updated with Game 6. After Game 5, his Save% was only .898, back up to .913 now.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. A hockey thread with life?! (And someone other than me, AI & JBM.)

Yeah, I really like the team that the Wild have assembled. Especially Parise, Pominville & Vanek. Adding Dubnyk really gave them a boost. Plus I think its cool the fans chant "Dube" when Dubnyk makes a save.

As for the Hawks exposing opposing goalies, maybe it's just good timing? Or we have their number? Two years ago we faced the "hottest" goalies in each series... Harding, then Howard, then Quick, and finally Rask.

I hope Bickell continues to have the Wild's number. But we also need more effort from the whole team. There have been lapses up and down the roster.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. A hockey thread with life?! (And someone other than me, AI & JBM.)

Yeah, I really like the team that the Wild have assembled. Especially Parise, Pominville & Vanek. Adding Dubnyk really gave them a boost. Plus I think its cool the fans chant "Dube" when Dubnyk makes a save.

As for the Hawks exposing opposing goalies, maybe it's just good timing? Or we have their number? Two years ago we faced the "hottest" goalies in each series... Harding, then Howard, then Quick, and finally Rask.

I hope Bickell continues to have the Wild's number. But we also need more effort from the whole team. There have been lapses up and down the roster.
:suds: