• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2007 Draft class (49ers)

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was looking at our draft class from 2007 that was by far one of our best draft classes ever. keyword "one of ours"

San Francisco 49ers 2007 NFL Draft War Room - ************.com
Joe Staley
Patrick Willis
Ray McDonald
Dashon Goldston
Terrel Brown

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at our draft class from 2007 that was by far one of our best draft classes ever. keyword "one of ours"

San Francisco 49ers 2007 NFL Draft War Room - ************.com
Joe Staley
Patrick Willis
Ray McDonald
Dashon Goldston
Terrel Brown

Great Draft but depending on Kaepernick the 2011 Draft could be the best we have had in 3 decades.

Aldon Smith DE
Colin Kaepernick QB
Chris Culliver CB
Kendall Hunter RB
Daniel Kilgore G
Bruce Miller FB

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't sub par, it just wasn't up to par.

Who was that? Deep? I can't remember who was in that arguement, I remember reading that one.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who was that? Deep? I can't remember who was in that arguement, I remember reading that one.

yes, it was me.

but no, i said in the TOTAL tenure of McCloughan, not individual classes. but Crimson kept digging into a single class. so obviously, you'd isolate it to the 2007 class. cause look at the others?

not up to par means McCloughan should've had better player(s), but that didn't mean everyone had to be a starter. just ONE player better is still better.

btw - Staley was drafted with our 2008 1st rounder, which turned out to be a #7 overall.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, it was me.

but no, i said in the TOTAL tenure of McCloughan, not individual classes. but Crimson kept digging into a single class. so obviously, you'd isolate it to the 2007 class. cause look at the others?

not up to par means McCloughan should've had better player(s), but that didn't mean everyone had to be a starter. just ONE player better is still better.

btw - Staley was drafted with our 2008 1st rounder, which turned out to be a #7 overall.

Id rather have Staley over Sedrick Ellis

2008 the niners drafted shitty. The only people with any talent were Morgan and Grant

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Id rather have Staley over Sedrick Ellis

2008 the niners drafted shitty. The only people with any talent were Morgan and Grant

if we didn't trade the #7 from 2008 for Staley in 2007, the 2008 draft class might've looked better?

thats partly why i mentioned it, it makes 2007 look better and 2008 worse. not judging the results, just saying the draft classes can't be taken at face value.

this also applies to when Iupati was drafted, and the prior. not to the same level, but same idea.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if we didn't trade the #7 from 2008 for Staley in 2007, the 2008 draft class might've looked better?

thats partly why i mentioned it, it makes 2007 look better and 2008 worse. not judging the results, just saying the draft classes can't be taken at face value.

this also applies to when Iupati was drafted, and the prior. not to the same level, but same idea.

True, I know what you mean. With that being said we still have to count them in the actual draft class that we choice them. We were smart those years we traded 2 players in the first round.

Except when we got Manny Lawson, that was a busted pick because Aldon is a man and Manny is a "granny" LOL

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
[/B]

True, I know what you mean. With that being said we still have to count them in the actual draft class that we choice them. We were smart those years we traded 2 players in the first round.

Except when we got Manny Lawson, that was a busted pick because Aldon is a man and Manny is a "granny" LOL

yeah, ok. we officially count them in the actual draft class.

in hindsight we can now see both trades worked out for us. to be nit-picky, guess someone could argue Staley isn't worth #7 overall? but otherwise, both Staley and Iupati have worked out.

Lawson was a same year trade, our 2nd and 3rd for Denvers (?) 1st, from a points perspecitive, it was an even trade. not that easy a call whether he was a BUSTED pick or not, he did start a few years and did ok. granted he never provided as much pressure as projected.