• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 Numbers That Need To Change In Game 3 IMO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Curry - 44.39 minutes played. I know some will disagree, but this is too many minutes for Curry. He's the focal point of the opposing teams D every game, and is hassled, trapped and focused on for every single minute he's on the court. Game one worked out for the Warriors, but his minutes have to be managed better. I felt like he had nothing in the tank down the stretch.

2) Turnovers - 21 including 7 by Curry. Once again some of these were fatigue turnovers by Curry in my opinion. Taking better care of the ball should be a priority in game 2. Perhaps Iggy's foul trouble contributed to Curry's problems (he didn't have the luxury of playing off the ball much) along with too many minutes.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another number that needs to move downward is JJ Redick's production. He was by far the most efficient player on either team going 8-11 from the field and 4-5 from the 3 point line for 22 points. He is a weak link in their lineup and must be marginalized as such. He can't be a plus player for the Clips like he was last night. He can't create his own shot so he shouldn't get off like he did on Saturday. If you had told me that Redick and Paul had outscored Curry/Thompson 50 to 34, outshot them 53% to 37% and committed 6 less turnovers I would've given
the Dubs zero chance of wining this game. This is not a prescription for continued success IMO. Redick needs to be smothered on offense and punished on defense. Griffin and Paul will get theirs but Redick shouldnt be a 20 point scorer in this series.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Curry - 44.39 minutes played. I know some will disagree, but this is too many minutes for Curry. He's the focal point of the opposing teams D every game, and is hassled, trapped and focused on for every single minute he's on the court. Game one worked out for the Warriors, but his minutes have to be managed better. I felt like he had nothing in the tank down the stretch.

2) Turnovers - 21 including 7 by Curry. Once again some of these were fatigue turnovers by Curry in my opinion. Taking better care of the ball should be a priority in game 2. Perhaps Iggy's foul trouble contributed to Curry's problems (he didn't have the luxury of playing off the ball much) along with too many minutes.

The two best games as far as ball movement this year were this one (for 3 and a half quarters) and the last regular season game against the Clippers. Its no coincidence that they won both. Inexplicably though they stopped doing this on Sunday and almost lost the game.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both of these problems were a direct result of Iguodala being in foul trouble. Even with Blake, Iguodala is a primary ball handler. Without Iguodala out on the court, it reduces the number of ball handlers we have out there at any one time. The Clips pretty much blitzed Curry every time they got a chance because he had to be the guy to bring it up the court and facilitate the offense. That also caused Curry to play additional minutes because he was so crucial. I expect both those numbers to be reduced in the next game.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Odds of that changing? 10%?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of these problems were a direct result of Iguodala being in foul trouble. Even with Blake, Iguodala is a primary ball handler. Without Iguodala out on the court, it reduces the number of ball handlers we have out there at any one time. The Clips pretty much blitzed Curry every time they got a chance because he had to be the guy to bring it up the court and facilitate the offense. That also caused Curry to play additional minutes because he was so crucial. I expect both those numbers to be reduced in the next game.

Curry needs to be in the 35-38 minute range like every other pg who's played in a playoff game this year. Parker only played 34 minutes in game 1, but Pop is a master at managing minutes and keeping his players fresher than everyone else's. Iggy playing regular minutes should help, but we'll see if Jackson rides him hard again. He's played Curry 42 - 45 minutes in 4 of the past 9 games. Curry had nothing down the stretch in game 1.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess the good news is Steph had a nice casual 31 minutes tonight. You know, to rest up from sitting through Preacher Jackson's Easter sermon on Sunday.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess the good news is Steph had a nice casual 31 minutes tonight. You know, to rest up from sitting through Preacher Jackson's Easter sermon on Sunday.

Apparently Jackson's Easter theme "Was How To Lay An Egg."

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Why did Jackson repeatedly run Stephen Curry into double teams that trapped him in the corners play after play after play? Why does the one line-up that could play to the Warriors’ strengths and minimize their weakness — Draymond Green as a stretch 4 with 4 other starters — get a grand total of 4 minutes of court time (during which the Warriors happened to be +7, as opposed to the -47 logged by line-ups for the other 44 minutes)? If Curry is denied shots by bringing the ball up, why doesn’t Jackson use the veteran point guard the GM acquired for him at the trade deadline next to Curry to see if the Warriors’ superstar can get anything going off the ball (30 seconds of Curry/Blake overlap in Game 2). Why did Jackson run an all-reserve or 4-reserve line-up for 6 crucial minutes to end the first and start the second, but play Curry and Iguodala — his two most fragile starters — for the entire third quarter while down 30+ points?"

Adam L hit it spot on. Need to play small ball with green at the 4 more

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too many screens at the three point line and higher...this sets up the D to switch and double and trap him in the corner...need to set those screens by the free throw line to set up the pick and roll and for the roller to hit the cutter for easy buckets...curry doesnt need a screen really anyway...if they double without the high screen...klay or iggy/barnes/green will have open baseline threes all day...

game 3 is a must win!!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the thunder double Zbo and gasol all day

Better to double than have our players go one and one and be in foul trouble all day...the clips bench is not gonna shoot like that every game...and if they do...that team will go deep in the playoffs...

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better to double than have our players go one and one and be in foul trouble all day...the clips bench is not gonna shoot like that every game...and if they do...that team will go deep in the playoffs...

Clippers were 22nd in 3pt percentage so it makes sense to do that

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deck chairs on the Titanic. We need a new captain.