• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st Round Draft surprise predictions

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure hope Blackmon is off the board by 14, or Jerry will take him. Not saying he wouldn't be a great third WR, but Dallas has about 12 other positions that need to be addressed before your #3WR

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but as is the case for a lot of these guys (below the elite prospects).....its a question of when? Hill might be the most extreme case, where 'when' might be 4-5 years? if the typical WR needs three years to reach his draft status, Hill MIGHT need more?

really tough call for GM's in the late teens, early twenties?

I agree with you. That's why I put it in the "silly Jags" category. Because they need players who can make an impact right now. They can't afford to wait another 4-5 years for guys to develop.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Bingo, I know these predictions are just for fun, but anyone in particular you think the Niners would trade up for?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bingo, I know these predictions are just for fun, but anyone in particular you think the Niners would trade up for?

It certainly is for fun! Which is why I'm commenting. BTW, this is the wackest / deadest year I've experienced amongst the regulars in following the draft. Sadly, this class is a somewhat solid in comparison to years past...

Anyway to answer your question. If I were to make a guess, I'd say a player like Michael Brockers (they may love the versatility he brings in playing in our line). Not sure how long McDonald's contract is for but they need to prepare in replacing him b/c one day the dude is going to command a lot of money (he's developing to be one of the better 3-4 end in the league). Not sure we will be able to afford retaining him. Again I'm saying this and I don't even know when the guy's contract is due to expire.

Another player is Stephen Hill (jump ahead of Houston or even Cleveland) to draft him. Ginn/Manningham/Moss all have 1 year contracts. They NEED a plan for 2013 if we lose all these players. Hill can learn a lot from those guys IMO.

Poe, Gilmore, Konz are all possibilities in that situation as well. They will not trade up for a guard. This draft is loaded with quality (nfl quality borderline stud like guards) players at that position.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly is for fun! Which is why I'm commenting. BTW, this is the wackest / deadest year I've experienced amongst the regulars in following the draft. Sadly, this class is a somewhat solid in comparison to years past...

Anyway to answer your question. If I were to make a guess, I'd say a player like Michael Brockers (they may love the versatility he brings in playing in our line). Not sure how long McDonald's contract is for but they need to prepare in replacing him b/c one day the dude is going to command a lot of money (he's developing to be one of the better 3-4 end in the league). Not sure we will be able to afford retaining him. Again I'm saying this and I don't even know when the guy's contract is due to expire.

Another player is Stephen Hill (jump ahead of Houston or even Cleveland) to draft him. Ginn/Manningham/Moss all have 1 year contracts. They NEED a plan for 2013 if we lose all these players. Hill can learn a lot from those guys IMO.

Poe, Gilmore, Konz are all possibilities in that situation as well. They will not trade up for a guard. This draft is loaded with quality (nfl quality borderline stud like guards) players at that position.

I think the reason is because we are drafting so late in the first. That takes a lot of excitement out of it for me personally.

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have always been routing for DHB because of all the shit he got after something that was out of his control. It's like people were expecting him to stand up and say, "Nah, I think the Raiders are reaching with this pick so I'm gonna sit down and wait until the 2nd or 3rd round."

If Hill develops then anybody "reaching" for him will look like really smart. I think he is gonna end up being pretty good myself.

I remember saying Hakeem Nicks and Kenny Britt would be the best two receivers and that DHB would be much better than Crabtree.

The crap I took for saying that.