• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1995-2015 NBA Wildcard Semi-Final 2 : UK vs Sushi

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK

FIRST HALF
PG - Chris Paul
SG - Richard Hamilton
SF - Andrei Kirilenko
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
C - DeMarcus Cousins

SECOND HALF
PG - Oscar Robertson - WC
SG - Mike Miller
SF - Ron Artest
PF - Rasheed Wallace
C - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - WC

VS

SUSHI

FIRST HALF
PG - Mike Conley
SG - Paul George
SF - Dr. J - WC
PF - Paul Milsap
C - Shaquille O'Neal - WC

SECOND HALF
PG - Damian Lillard
SG - DeMar DeRozan
SF - Kevin Durant
PF - Chris Bosh
C - Andre Drummond

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK - 5
SUSHI - 4

VOTED - Nos, WLK, UK, Sushi, Shane, Mebert, Milk, 500, Femur

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oscar and Kareem... I got UK

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's close but I got UK too... :tsk:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the first half is close, probably Sushi by a bit, but I think I win soundly in the second half
UK

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one, where I have me, by a lot, IMO.

The first unit I don't think is very close. There's no way Cousins, who already isn't a good defender, would be able to match up with Shaq in the post. It would cause UK's team to force a double every time, and with Conley, George and Millsap all being able to shoot the 3 at a really good percentage, or at worst space the court, it's a pick your poison type of deal. Defensively, Conley matches up very well with Paul. George is miles ahead of Rip and Dr. J wouldn't need much to guard Kirilenko. On the flip side, George and Dr. J would be a force on offense, with no rim protection at all on UK's squad.

The Second unit is closer, but I have Drummond to match up with Kareem. No one matches up with him straight up but Drummond is 7'0" athletically a beast and one of the best if not the best defensive big man in the NBA right now. I wouldn't need to double on Kareem and would let Drummond at least do his best to push Kareem as far away from the hoop as possible. If I chose to double, I would easily choose for it to be Durant, who is 6'11" and let Artest try to kill me. Defensively I could switch Lillard on to Miller and have Derozan at 6'7 guard Oscar, which would help to at least to negate his height differential.

Defensively, UK's second unit could not keep up with my fire power. I have 4 great perimeter players who could run a dynamic offense. There'd be no way to stop a Lillard/Durant P&R or a Durant/Bosh P&R. There's just no way.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIRST HALF
PG - Chris Paul - Conley - both great defenders obviously Paul has a pretty good edge on defense and offense.
SG - Richard Hamilton - George - PG is a better all-around player. Very good defender.
SF - Andrei Kirilenko - Dr. J. has a huge advantage. Kirilenko a very good defender though.
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge - Millsap. LA with the advantage. Millsap is a better defender but LA has too a size advantage as well.
C - DeMarcus Cousins - Drummond - I think Cousins would have a slight edge but Drummond is a very good defender and he would get his too. Barely Cousins advantage.

Not one big advantage to either. Dr. J is the difference so Sushi has a little advantage.

SECOND HALF
PG - Oscar Robertson - Lillard - Oscar has the big advantage but Lillard will score
SG - Mike Miller - Derozen. Demar has the big advantage and he is really good defender. I know Miller is a good shooter but I don't like him in this lineup.
SF - Ron Artest - KD. Big advantage KD. KD not a great defender but his length will cause Artest problems.
PF - Rasheed Wallace - Bosh. Bosh has the advantage and he is also money on mid-range. Wallace was good from outside as well but Bosh is a better player overall.
C - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - Shaq - pretty even. Obviously KAJ has advantage but slight.

***I am assuming Shaq will be inserted into the 2nd half, BUT if he isn't then Cousins will go cry on the bench bc he will take a pounding. Drummond against KAJ, KAJ huge advantage also so either way it works out even go by either matchup of the center position.

I got Sushi by a hair

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIRST HALF
PG - Chris Paul - Conley - both great defenders obviously Paul has a pretty good edge on defense and offense.
SG - Richard Hamilton - George - PG is a better all-around player. Very good defender.
SF - Andrei Kirilenko - Dr. J. has a huge advantage. Kirilenko a very good defender though.
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge - Millsap. LA with the advantage. Millsap is a better defender but LA has too a size advantage as well.
C - DeMarcus Cousins - Drummond - I think Cousins would have a slight edge but Drummond is a very good defender and he would get his too. Barely Cousins advantage.

Not one big advantage to either. Dr. J is the difference so Sushi has a little advantage.

SECOND HALF
PG - Oscar Robertson - Lillard - Oscar has the big advantage but Lillard will score
SG - Mike Miller - Derozen. Demar has the big advantage and he is really good defender. I know Miller is a good shooter but I don't like him in this lineup.
SF - Ron Artest - KD. Big advantage KD. KD not a great defender but his length will cause Artest problems.
PF - Rasheed Wallace - Bosh. Bosh has the advantage and he is also money on mid-range. Wallace was good from outside as well but Bosh is a better player overall.
C - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - Shaq - pretty even. Obviously KAJ has advantage but slight.

***I am assuming Shaq will be inserted into the 2nd half, BUT if he isn't then Cousins will go cry on the bench bc he will take a pounding. Drummond against KAJ, KAJ huge advantage.

I got Sushi by a hair

Shaq doesn't make any sense in the second unit because of them trying to run an offense predicated on the pick and roll and side to side movement. It would basically be Shaq in the post with 4 shooters on the outside.

Derozan guards Robertson, Lillard guards Miller.

I have just so many mismatches that can't be countered, whereas I have tons of ways to at least disrupt UK's squad.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one, where I have me, by a lot, IMO.

The first unit I don't think is very close. There's no way Cousins, who already isn't a good defender, would be able to match up with Shaq in the post. It would cause UK's team to force a double every time, and with Conley, George and Millsap all being able to shoot the 3 at a really good percentage, or at worst space the court, it's a pick your poison type of deal. Defensively, Conley matches up very well with Paul. George is miles ahead of Rip and Dr. J wouldn't need much to guard Kirilenko. On the flip side, George and Dr. J would be a force on offense, with no rim protection at all on UK's squad.

The Second unit is closer, but I have Drummond to match up with Kareem. No one matches up with him straight up but Drummond is 7'0" athletically a beast and one of the best if not the best defensive big man in the NBA right now. I wouldn't need to double on Kareem and would let Drummond at least do his best to push Kareem as far away from the hoop as possible. If I chose to double, I would easily choose for it to be Durant, who is 6'11" and let Artest try to kill me. Defensively I could switch Lillard on to Miller and have Derozan at 6'7 guard Oscar, which would help to at least to negate his height differential.

Defensively, UK's second unit could not keep up with my fire power. I have 4 great perimeter players who could run a dynamic offense. There'd be no way to stop a Lillard/Durant P&R or a Durant/Bosh P&R. There's just no way.
I mean..you're saying Cousins needs double team help on Shaq on the one hand, while then explaining how Drummond matches up well with KAJ...that's just absurd. KAJ had a refined game, and without a double, he was unstoppable. Destroys Drummond. I think Cousins actually matches up MUCH better vs Shaq, Diesel far better, but you're still talking power on power, with much more comparable numbers
As to your DeRozan guarding Oscar.....Come on Man LOL

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have sushi winning heavily in the first half
UK winning heavily in the 2nd half

Because I am undecided I will measure by which team has the weaker weak half...

Paul** vs lillard- Paul wins(closer than I thought, but not very close)
Hamilton vs Derozan- Hamilton wins, but neither are great
Durant** vs AK- Clearly Durant wins, but AK can contain Durant to some extent...
Aldridge vs bosh- TIE
Cousins vs Drummond- cousins wins- not very close

so Cousins is the x-factor IMO... and why I will vote for UK

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean..you're saying Cousins needs double team help on Shaq on the one hand, while then explaining how Drummond matches up well with KAJ...that's just absurd. KAJ had a refined game, and without a double, he was unstoppable. Destroys Drummond. I think Cousins actually matches up MUCH better vs Shaq, Diesel far better, but you're still talking power on power, with much more comparable numbers
As to your DeRozen guarding Oscar.....Come on Man LOL

No, what I'm saying is I take my chances with KAJ. He's still going to get his, as Shaq will get his. But the difference is my first unit isn't all about Shaq, whereas your second unit is all about Kareem. I have two elite guys at getting to the basket with your team having no rim protection. I also have 3 guys who space the court with very good 3 point shooting. From a fit standpoint my team just works better.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, what I'm saying is I take my chances with KAJ. He's still going to get his, as Shaq will get his. But the difference is my first unit isn't all about Shaq, whereas your second unit is all about Kareem. I have two elite guys at getting to the basket with your team having no rim protection. I also have 3 guys who space the court with very good 3 point shooting. From a fit standpoint my team just works better.
How is my unit all about KAJ when Oscar is hands down better than anyone else on the court

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is my unit all about KAJ when Oscar is hands down better than anyone else on the court

Sure that's all well and good, but what's Oscar going to do when he doesn't have the ball in his hands, when you dump it down to Kareem? When he does have the ball, he's got Miller/Artest/Wallace out there who aren't exactly world beaters. I have legitimate threats at all of my positions, who move without the ball, are all good passers and great shooters.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK